LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.28 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

64 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

just played a couple of my games and all of them have increased frames but my aa and hdr doesn't seem to work anymore. going to downgrade to 169.25

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitetigerx7

• omega2k1

• anonymous1986

• solo0071

hi, guys, who can explain me finally, why all these latest drivers 169.** does not work properly when i try to to watch slideshow in Windows Photo Gallery with fade on!. Switching between photos is not smooth and uniform, the same time driver 7.15.11.128 from 09th of May does it well, having the same Vista index on Aero & 3D...

Sony Vaio sz650n

8400gs

Slower doesn't always mean a bad thing. It could be accuracy of rendering, correct level of processing, and any other number of issues that are actually good things.

Slower doesn't always mean a bad thing. It could be accuracy of rendering, correct level of processing, and any other number of issues that are actually good things.

I used to use 101.5 and play Oblivion smoothly, after I installed these new drivers to play CrySis, Oblivions graphics boosted up but the performance decreased. I cannot play it smoothly it slowed down and isn't flowing. What's the problem ? Is the only solution turning back to old driver?

I have a quick question...i overclocked my gpu to 600/490 and my temperature stays around 65 degrees celsius (67 degrees max) when under stress.

so after running COD4 for a few hours i sometimes get the blue screen of death. i don't konw if it's the drivers or my overclocking so do you guys have any ideas as to what is causing the blue screen?

8600m gt on a vostro 1500

Guest dexxter
I have a quick question...i overclocked my gpu to 600/490 and my temperature stays around 65 degrees celsius (67 degrees max) when under stress.

so after running COD4 for a few hours i sometimes get the blue screen of death. i don't konw if it's the drivers or my overclocking so do you guys have any ideas as to what is causing the blue screen?

8600m gt on a vostro 1500

anybody think i should upgrade to this drivers?

using dell xps m1210 with nvidia 7400 go...

I'm currently using these with my INF and so far so good.

nHancer works fine and Overclocking via nTune works.

How about overclocking with Rivatuner 2.06?

I'm currently using these with my INF and so far so good.

nHancer works fine and Overclocking via nTune works.

so you don't get from nhancer not compatible with vga adapter error.

If RivaTuner's developers would rebuild the Tweak section to be Vista compatible I'd use it again.

I recommend nTune anyway. nHancer should do well enough to unlock some extra abilities.

hi, guys, who can explain me finally, why all these latest drivers 169.** does not work properly when i try to to watch slideshow in Windows Photo Gallery with fade on!. Switching between photos is not smooth and uniform, the same time driver 7.15.11.128 from 09th of May does it well, having the same Vista index on Aero & 3D...

Sony Vaio sz650n

8400gs

I get the same problem. The transitions are fine in Picasa though.

RivaTuner and nTune overclock without any tweaking for me. Not sure what people are talking about. I can't get ATITool to OC though. When I manually adjust settings or have it automatically find a max, it doesn't actually change anything. It just keeps testing the card at the default settings.

Does anyone know why i wasn't able to OC with ATITool with these drivers. I was able to OC with 169.04, Still using these.

Or maybe it's just that ATITOOL is not good for OC'ing if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks

Currently running:

C2D T7500

2GB RAM

8400m GS 128mb

200GB 7200RPM

RivaTuner used to have Direct3D and OpenGL tweaks available in it on 9x/ME/2k/XP but when they made it for Vista they didn't rebuild the code to make the Direct3D and OpenGL tweaks available to Vista.

I get the same problem. The transitions are fine in Picasa though.
hey, i have this issue with Windows Photo only, nokia lifeblog slideshow works nice too with transitions, but it's interesting whrere's the reason, i also tried to check the driver form windows update 167.45 - the same effect.. and the only one works nice in every application - it's preinstalled one :)

To OC with RIVATUNER you must put those files here:

C:\Programmes\RivaTuner v2.06\Databases\NVIDIA\W2K\

Files

Have Fun

Anthony, a french

Merci my friend :)

I have officially released my new 169.28 INF for HP/Compaq/VoodooPC laptops on my Custom INF release. Please read the posting before downloading and installation.

Guest Cerberus666

Managed to overclock my card from 575/600 to 650/800 stable (i have an awesome laptop cooling pad that actually does its job!)

Crysis performance is up a few FPS, although it's not hard seeing as it's pretty appalling anyway - im now getting around 22 fps all medium @ 1440x900

M1710

T7400 @ 2.16

2GB DDR-667

Go 7950 GTX

I think that's pretty good to be honest

Why I have different GPU Temps from I8KfanGUI and Everest,

when I use 169.28 on my Dell M1330 (8400M GS).

anybody know why?

Thx in advance!!!

Why I have different GPU Temps from I8KfanGUI and Everest,

when I use 169.28 on my Dell M1330 (8400M GS).

anybody know why?

Thx in advance!!!

I want to know too, the I8KfanGUI seems to be the accurate one because I used to alway have 46-47'C idle. While other softwares shows 50'C and some 51'C