LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.28 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

64 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitetigerx7

• omega2k1

• anonymous1986

• solo0071

Been trying to get gears of War to work on my MSI GX700, for 2 days now...it starts and then after a while closes, just as Gears of War game told me itself (omg games are geting clever these days)...all i can remember is it old me that a certain driver needs to be present and a certain vista update...update is done...driver i forgot the version...so been randomly trying difrent drivers...lol...

lets hope this works :)

yup same thing....game just closes within 1 min........

why cant i overlock my 8400M G with this driver, i already have the rtp database file of rivatuner

That´s was what i got:

8400GS (GDDR3, 128Mb) @ stock (400/500)

Playing COD4 @ 800x600, 0xAA, everthing low (yes, i love frames).

169.09: 21 to 77 fps, 43 medium. Max of 72ºC.

169.28: 29 to 82 fps, 50 medium. Max of 82ºC. O.O

Except for the huge temperature increase, i love this driver!

Does anyone have the same problem as me?

I try to install this driver with the modded *.inf file and after installing it says "the system has not been modified" and when checking the driver version it hasn't been updated.

I have an Asus G1 notebook with a Geforce 7700 Go.

It wont let me download the driver. it says its done downloading before its even started, so i get a corrupt file.

I have the same thing happening here. I can download 169.25 without a problem, but when trying to download 169.28, it's a 0kb file and ends the download just as quickly as I start it. There's definately something wrong. Anybody have a rapidshare link or a file directory they want to share with the rest of us???

Hello!

It's the same thing for me, unable to download 169.28 for vista32, from your server.....

And I!

Help, 7-zip without executable is fine format

Please, repack driver

Trying to sort out a display problem on a Toshiba X200. 8600M GT SLI setup and the issue is (the same as many others) that I can't seem to get out of 59Hz refresh rate.

I've installed 169.28 to see if that set of drivers will allow me but still no luck. Tried revotuner, powerstrip and nvTray to see if I can fix it. It appears that although the actual refresh rate is 59.7Hz, it reports 59Hz which is an issue for a number of EA games (most importantly to me BF2).

The card is obviously able to support it at lower resolutions (if not at the 1680X1050 that I normally run) as I can output it to an external monitor via the VGA port albiet at a lower resolution. An interesting point is although I can't select a high resolution for the external monitor via the nVidia control panel, I can through BF2 which the monitor displays with no issue.

So I'm not certain that it's the video card at fault but maybe the laptop monitor (default PnP flat panel). All other drivers are the latest version by Toshiba, and there's no DCC box to uncheck on the monitor properties.

Any suggestions? Regardless of the driver loaded (most recently 169.28) no other options appear on the nVidia control panel.

Thanks!

Kel

And I!

Help, 7-zip without executable is fine format

Please, repack driver

Fanks :)

Hello Guys...!

I want to connect my TV via S-Video-Out.

With the original Drivers of my Acer Aspire 5920G - no Problem!

But after installing the new Drivers from Laptopvideo2go (163.x --> 169.28) - No real signal on my TV. Just some flickering while opening the Control Panel!!!

The weird thing is that (in Control Panel) my TV is shown as a HDTV.... but it isn't a HDTV... just an old TV!!

I am running Windows Vista (32 Bit)

Hope anyone has got an Idea!

PS: also standby-mode is not working correctly, the laptop crashes when returning from it...

I have a problem installing these drivers.

I do everything exactly as the tutorial, but the zip doesn't extract to a folder, so if I say that I want t extract to my desktop, instead of hvaing a folder, I have all the files. So I created a folder myself, and I replaced the .inf. However, when I try to install the driver, I get a message saying that the setup could not find the specified file...(where it should ask me if I wanted to install the drivers even if they are not certificated)...

Any help?

Having the same problem guys. someone please help!

The only file I can find to download is an exe at the beginning of this thread.. then when I try to open it, Vista informs me that I don't have permission! What's going on? I'll d/l again.

Yup. AVG says it's a trojan I'm the 10:18am poster who was wondering why it's an exe?

Yeh just picked this up as well. I've been running this driver for a while but a few bugs made me go back to 169.09, then a virus scan picked up 16928_vista.exe as a Trojan.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hugo Torres
*** VERY NICE DRIVER :) ***

-----------------------------------------------

My system spec.

Dell XPS M1730

Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 @ 2.40GHz

2 GB RAM

GF 8700M GT SLI

Window Vista Home Premium

I've used 169.25, 169.17, 169.09, 169.04, and 167.45 (Dell) before. Unfortunately, I got so many problems in some UT3 engine's games and other things.

For example:

1. Performance drop and slow down issues in Bioshock (sometime I get more than 60 FPS and sometime just 20-25 Fps) ---> RUN AT 1440X900 MAXIMUM QUALITY

2. Performance drop and slow down issues in Rainbow Six Vegas (sometime I get more than 60 FPS and sometime just 27-30 Fps) ---> RUN AT 1440X900 MEDIUM QUALITY

3. Random pause in UT3 (the game seems to freeze about 2-3 sec in some very large maps --> Warfare mode) ---> RUN AT 1440X900 WORLD & TEXTURE SET TO "4"

Next, in Crysis, I always play in DX9 mode because the game looks quite slow when I run on DX10 (especially in open-areas) ---> RUN AT 1440X900 MEDIUM QUALITY

Lastly, 169.25 always make my Vista HANG!!!

However, 169.28 can fix most of the problems above...

+ No more slow down problems in Bioshock and rainbow Six Vegas!!! (minimum FPS = 40-45)

+ Reduce a lot of freeze problems in UT3

+ Run Crysis at DX10 (much much better than other drivers)

+ Extremely smooth on COD4 both SP and MP (MAXIMUM SETTING)

+ Extremely smooth on Halflife2, ep1, ep2 and TF2 (MAXIMUM SETTING)

+ Extremely smooth on FEAR (MAXIMUM SETTING)

+ Extremely smooth on EVERY Illusion's games (Hentai game from Japan :) ) for example: AG3, Sexy Beach 3, Schoolmate etc. ----> NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!!

Some issues

- Stutter problems in Gears of War (SAD! I need patch number 2...)

Sorry for my bad English anyway...

Thanks a lot for the info!