LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.28 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

64 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitetigerx7

• omega2k1

• anonymous1986

• solo0071

New driver is great.

However, when I refresh my Vista experience score, the gaming graphics score is reduced from 5.7 usual to 1.0 with this driver. Means I can't use Aero - not a big deal, but a little frustrating when everything else works so well. If I rollback to the previous driver and refresh, the score is back to 5.7.

I'm running Vista 32bit, 8600GT.

Any thoughts?

New driver is great.

However, when I refresh my Vista experience score, the gaming graphics score is reduced from 5.7 usual to 1.0 with this driver. Means I can't use Aero - not a big deal, but a little frustrating when everything else works so well. If I rollback to the previous driver and refresh, the score is back to 5.7.

I'm running Vista 32bit, 8600GT.

Any thoughts?

I had the same thing happen but just did a "refresh my score" in Vista and it reported correctly.

Edited by Alemaker

I had the same thing happen but just did a "refresh my score" in Vista and it reported correctly.

I've tried this a few times, with no luck.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the next driver, because the performance of this driver is excellent otherwise.

i have 8600M GT and aero works well. i didnt use win report and aero works from last driver report :)

Aero was disabled for me during the install of the driver.

I used the modded inf file, I'm certain I needed to, but maybe I didn't need to? I don't really understand this that well, but could that have had anything to do with it?

Perhaps I should roll back, use a driver cleaner or something and reinstall?

what 167.49 driver from asus??

I`m using the G2S and ASUS did`nt release any new Laptop driver for the last 6 month.

p.s

whats the difereance between the 165.xx to 167.xx?

i know that the 169.xx are for desktop cards

Yes the released one, just check from the support.asus.com/download , just go to your nb's download page and than at the right top corner of the page on "Model:" section select "Drivers" and than on the right select "VGA" and click Ok now you can see all ASUS released VGA drivers, use this way to update other things for ASUS because they always forgot to update notebook download pages, also here is the link if you do not want to loose time:

http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Driver...VT_071221_1.zip

The ASUS download site just has V7.15.11.0138 from september as their latest ones.

The ASUS download site just has V7.15.11.0138 from september as their latest ones.

If you read the post above carefully, you can see that they released a new one and it is V7.15.11.6749 also its release date is 21.12.2007, i explained how to download new drivers from asus above, they don't update notebook pages, it is the only problem for you to missed out the latest ones... peace:)

Guest the.lorrr

this is the first driver EVER with which I can OC - I am using nTune, works fine.

3dmark score increased by 500 --> 4000.

Used to be 3400, with 169.28 it is 3500, OCed (525/675 MHz instead of 475/607) 4000.

This is a great driver for World in conflict, haveb't tested it with Crysis yet.

btw, my system:

dell inspiron 9400, bought 1/2007

core2duo t7200

2gb ram (quimonda)

geforce go 7900 gs 256 mb OC

:) Strongly recommended :)

this is the first driver EVER with which I can OC - I am using nTune, works fine.

3dmark score increased by 500 --> 4000.

Used to be 3400, with 169.28 it is 3500, OCed (525/675 MHz instead of 475/607) 4000.

This is a great driver for World in conflict, haveb't tested it with Crysis yet.

btw, my system:

dell inspiron 9400, bought 1/2007

core2duo t7200

2gb ram (quimonda)

geforce go 7900 gs 256 mb OC

:) Strongly recommended :)

hmm, i thought that 7900GS has biiger power then my 8600M GT. i have with default tacts 3924 and with 525/430 - 4260 :P

Hmm... has anyone noticed that there is another edition of 169.28 drivers that is made to incerase performance in SLI, and 3 way SLI in Crysis patch 1.1? it would be appreciated if those got a modded inf :)

Hi there, love the work you do. :)

There seems to be a problem with the 169.28 international vista 32 driver.. filsize is supposed to be around 30mb but it is 18, i gues the pure eng version is the one that is polled so hopfully this can be fixed.

Edited by infamy

One of the best drivers I've tested for my machine so far.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 with a 8600M.

With the default drivers from dell I would get random freezes, complete lockups and even random shutdowns.

With 163.69 I managed to get the problems down to just an occasional "driver stopped responding and has been restored".

Most drivers after that increased the frequency of driver crashes.

However, this driver has yet to make me experience a driver crash. It has also increased my performance in Guild Wars, EVE Online, UT3 and Age of Conan.

If you're an owner of a dell inspiron 1720 or 1520, try these drivers!

I have a problem installing these drivers.

I do everything exactly as the tutorial, but the zip doesn't extract to a folder, so if I say that I want t extract to my desktop, instead of hvaing a folder, I have all the files. So I created a folder myself, and I replaced the .inf. However, when I try to install the driver, I get a message saying that the setup could not find the specified file...(where it should ask me if I wanted to install the drivers even if they are not certificated)...

Any help?

Hmmm, very weird, I uploaded these files before going to bed last night (

Bu they don't seem to have uploaded at all.

Just doing them again now, apologies for this, the FTP app said they uploaded fine but look truncated to about 1/2 their proper size.

Guest Skygenetic

Previously i can oc my laptop aspire 5920g [ 8600gtm] untill 650 ++ / 550 ++

why after i reformat my laptop , i only can overclock untill 550 ++ / 490 ++ . can anyone explain and help me ? please urgent

Warning Everyone !!

Installed these on a XPS 1710 with a 7900GS and got hardware malfunctions all over the place.

Laptop gets incredibly hot when just running Vista, that's without playing a game.

I'd recommend steering clear of this one if you have a similar Dell laptop to me.

I'm gonna try an earlier version now.....

i have a m1710 xps with 7900gs and i got a load of graphicle glitches to when playing games

Guest LosBoccacc

the modded inf of this driver unfix a bug fixed by invidia in the .28

the bug, affecting drivers up to .25, shows in ufo: afterlight using anything above "medium shader quality" in the graphics options

Guest Guest with Toshi

Hey guys!

My System: Toshiba Notebook: Core2Duo 7500 @ 2,2 GHz, Geforce 8700M GT 512 VRAM, 320GB HDD 5400 rpm // Not OC

3DMark 06 (Basic Edition unregistered / 1280*854 (-> 54???)):

first run after the purchase: 4556

official toshiba update: 4868

169.01: 4980

169.28: 4965

I have a toshiba with an 8700m gt. When i select update driver from the device manager i dont see the 8700m gt to choose from? What card should i select?