LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.28 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

64 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Does anyone have my problem in some games in everything .... menus...the game himself... I have a slow motion effect.... everything is moving very slow.... the games are : Unreal Tournament and Fifa08....

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whitetigerx7

• omega2k1

• anonymous1986

• solo0071

I'm having problems on my NX860XL.. Other games run fine, but the PlayOnline Viewer (launcher for Final Fantasy XI) has an extreme stuttering problem. The video of the entire screen stutters while it is open. However, once I get into FFXI, it runs smoothly. Any other FFXI players having this problem with these drivers? I rolled back, and it has fixed the issue for me.

I get a message that says that the drivers only work with vista 32bit,and thats what I have.Any Ideas? Kind of new to this.

I already uninstalled my old drivers

Solo, it sounds like you downloaded either the wrong version of the driver or the inf. Make sure you grab the 32 bit versions of both and you should be okay. If you still have trouble, let us know.

Because Nvidia's priority lately is Windows Vista, DX10, mainly Crysis. Nvidia is trying to improve Vista gaming so that it matches XP gaming. I dont think it will improve much more than this, but Vista is the future, so Nvidia is working on its drivers more than XP's.

Vista s4x, we know, i know, Gates know... XP 4EVA!!1 i am not going upgrade 2 Vista, coz i dont see any advantages (u can say DirectX10, but on XP i can have it 2, ) i was having Windows 98 about 7 years, now using XP 32-bit... there were alooot of advantages from 98 to XP so... Microsoft is going 2 assist Windows XP to 2014 year...what u can get from this? xD Vista is not a future, future is Windows Blackcomb :) peace

Edited by Mad89Max

Vista s4x, we know, i know, Gates know... XP 4EVA!!1 i am not going upgrade 2 Vista, coz i dont see any advantages (u can say DirectX10, but on XP i can have it 2, ) i was having Windows 98 about 7 years, now using XP 32-bit... there were alooot of advantages from 98 to XP so... Microsoft is going 2 assist Windows XP to 2014 year...what u can get from this? xD Vista is not a future, future is Windows Blackcomb :) peace

you cant have dx10 on XP, sure there sites that offer DX10 download to XP and such, but in order to use DX10 fully, ie. Full DX10 support, Vista is in fact required. DX10 on XP is a farce.. wont see nearly the same effects.

and blackcomb is probally 2-3 years away, and that is assuming they release on time, which they probally wont.. so go ahead, hold your breath.. if you can that long.. then deal with the instability of blackcomb/vienna that will introduce few new features while we play our games happily on the what will be shortly, completly stable and standard Vista.

so... yea...

Cant download the drivers, link seem broken.

Thanks for any help :) I only got 2200 in 3dmark, with an 8600 gs and t5250 and hope that this driver might help that a little :)

Edited by B£NNY

8600m GT, Unreal Tournament and PES 2008 work perfectly

Cant download the drivers, link seem broken.

Thanks for any help :) I only got 2200 in 3dmark, with an 8600 gs and t5250 and hope that this driver might help that a little :)

that cpu really limits the card =/ i have 2900 marks @ stock with T7300..and these drivers dont really improve the 3dmark06, just a few points here and there

Edited by EVO21

Well I have tested these with my new 9750m with dual 8700 gt's and my score went from 7547 to 7846

Hi everyone. Installed new drivers (169.28) and MOD file. 3Mark06 #2546. Used to have 169.25 3Dmarks06 #2200. So I think this is good news. The only thing I notice is that in Vista Rating my Aero rating mark 4.4 and it used to be 4.7 before both drivers updates... But who cares anyway. I will test wit Company of Heroes and post back the fps numbers it will throw... thax for the hard work!!! :)

Guest Anthony

I have de DELL XPS M1710 (intel core é duo T7200 2GHz, 2 Go RAM DDR2 667MHz, HD 160 Go 7200 bpm, Geforce Go 7950 GTX 512Mo DDR3, Vista Home Premium 32bits), i use 169.28 Nvidia Drivers and Rivatuner v2.06 to overclock the graphic card.

3DMark 2006 without overclocking (575MHz/600MHz): 5205 points

3DMark 2006 with overclocking (660MHz/730MHz): 5858 points

:)

People I need a little help here. I installed rivatuner v2.06 and tried to overclock my laptop using 169.28 drivers. But when I move the bar from 500Mhz to 600Mhz and click Apply and then Ok, the bars move back to the previous values. What's going on? :)

yep wrong inf..it works now.7550 3dmark06 score on my dual 8700's..not bad.

but with these drivers its 7826 :)

People I need a little help here. I installed rivatuner v2.06 and tried to overclock my laptop using 169.28 drivers. But when I move the bar from 500Mhz to 600Mhz and click Apply and then Ok, the bars move back to the previous values. What's going on? :)

All drivers above 169.04 do NOT work correctly with software OC'ing.

So, if you want to software OC, you need to install 169.04 or OLDER.

I find that with some patience, I can get the card to software OC ONCE per windows session (but only the core) and after that it is locked to the frequency I put in (ie.. if I overclock from 500-600 on core, it will sit at 600 no matter what until I reboot (memory will not change...) and this is when it changes at all.

So, if you want to OC with the newer driver sets, you will need to either flash your video bios with modded 3D freq, or install 169.04 or older.

D.

All drivers above 169.04 do NOT work correctly with software OC'ing.

So, if you want to software OC, you need to install 169.04 or OLDER.

I find that with some patience, I can get the card to software OC ONCE per windows session (but only the core) and after that it is locked to the frequency I put in (ie.. if I overclock from 500-600 on core, it will sit at 600 no matter what until I reboot (memory will not change...) and this is when it changes at all.

So, if you want to OC with the newer driver sets, you will need to either flash your video bios with modded 3D freq, or install 169.04 or older.

D.

I'm having the same problem, cant OC with anything above 169.04. What do you mean by flashing the video bios and how would i go about doing that and is perfectly safe.

I'm running a core 2 duo t7500, 2 gb ram, 200 gb 7200 rpm hdd, 128mb 8400m GS

Does anyone know when the next set of OC'able drivers will come out?

Here are couple of bechmark that I ran on my System

DELL XPS M1330

Intel Core2Duo T7500 2.2Ghz 800Mhz FSB

nVIDIA 8400M GS 128MD GDDR3

2GB RAM

160GB 7.2k rpm HDD

Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 1

Resolution 1024 x 768, NO AA, Optimal Filtering

Test 1

Driver:169.28

All Default OC: 580/836

Score: 3581 Score: 3603

Test 2

Driver:169.25

All Default OC 450/600 OC 580/836

Score:3006 Score:3205 Score: 3237

Test 3

Driver:169.21

All Default

Score:2987

Test 4

Driver:169.09

All Default OC 580/836

Score:3552 Score: 4982

Score 2nd run: 5006

BEST RESULT AT OC 580/836 WITH 169.09 === 5006

How do i test my drivers???? what software do i need to see my bencmark, sorry if it is a newby question but i am.

How do i test my drivers???? what software do i need to see my bencmark, sorry if it is a newby question but i am.

you need to download and install 3d mark06, its around 500Mb i think.

http://www.futuremark.com/download/3dmark06/

Great driver for Crysis. I am now able to bump up some advanced graphics options another notch up.

I'm having the same problem, cant OC with anything above 169.04. What do you mean by flashing the video bios and how would i go about doing that and is perfectly safe.

I'm running a core 2 duo t7500, 2 gb ram, 200 gb 7200 rpm hdd, 128mb 8400m GS

Nothing is "perfectly safe" but I have no problems.

You will need to get a program called NiBiTor.v3.5b or above.

Have it pull and SAVE your bios file from your vid card.

Then mod the 3D clocks and RESAVE with a DIFFERENT name under 8 characters

Load the program onto a bootable usb thumb drive, bootable cd or bootable floppy

Also put the program nvflash on the bootable media.

THen boot from the bootable media into dos, and type nvflash.exe yourromname.rom

Follow prompts and reboot when done.

Thats all.

You can do a search on other forums or google for more detailed info.

DISCLAIMER:

I am not responsible for any mishaps.

You do this at your own risk

I have never had problems myself, but that is me

D.

Windows 7.0 (Blackcomb) is at least 4 more years away at most. For it to be the future Vista will have to pushed to it's breaking point as XP is at. XP is old technology and regardless of how you look at it. Microsoft did the right thing by designing Vista to have a kernel mode and user mode for drivers and applications. Linux, BSD, and UNIX has been doing this for years.

Microsoft has already stated that 2000/XP/2003 will not be getting DirectX 10, 10.1, or any new DirectX for that matter unless it's a special 2000/XP/2003 build or they decide to rebuild the kernel and API matrix to run like Vista with a user mode and kernel mode driver basis (neither of which are going to happen).

Vista is the future and Microsoft is dumping millions if not billions of dollars into fixing many of the APIs, compatibility issues, and overhauling the performance of Vista by collaborating with chipset manufacturers, CPU designers, component designers, etc. to push Vista as hard as they can with maximum speed and performance available. Already the newest CPUs are pushing at the 4.0 GHz barrier, the die shrink size is nearing maximum shrinkage, multi-cores are starting to go into CPU designs.

My Windows Update has been downloading at least 3 to 5 patches and fixes on a weekly basis now since October. Microsoft is working hard on Vista and harder than most people give them credit for.