LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.31 VISTA 32bit | ACER, ASUS, DELL, LENOVO

mobilenvidia

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• GaryHook

• Dox

• djrayon

After one week on testing in games PES 2008 flickers sometimes... and the laptop's cooler starts more often with this driver... rolled back to 173.65 .... still the best for my configuration, and the cooler is ok.

I have a problem with this driver that I never had with any other before. I always use a second screen next to my laptop for extension. I can still do it but with this driver, every tome I restart my laptop it won't use the second screen, so Id have to configure the second screen after every reboot.

And an even worse problem is that when I use the second screen and wanna play for example Bioshock it looks horrile and flickering. This was enevr a problem with other drivers.

'Cause I like the driver I was wondering is anyone knows a solution? Or should I just go back to older drivers?

Well, Crysis gains like 10fps in Very High/DX10 but WoW gets driver stopped working error every like 10 seconds, lool

These drivers offer great performance but suck balls at stability..

Going back to 167.55 Dell stock, or might try 173.80 even though they cause crashes in 3ds max 2008..

Best driver for my ASUS G2S - 4GB RAM - GeForce 8600M GT 256MB - Vista Ultimate 32bits SP1...

No overclock...

3dmark06 v173.80 = 4963

3dmark06 v174.31 = 5069

Recommended :)

How can this be?

I have nearly the same configuration but my results are far away from yours. Our system differ in two points. I am using 3dmark06 1.0.2 and I do not have vista sp1. anyway....I wonder how this things can bring you such results.

I do not oc, but with 1024x768 I get something about 4000 which is really bad compared to your results. Is there an reasonable explanation for that matter?

Thank you.

(174.31 works for me best,too)

unreal tournament 3 skips with these. frequent hang ups.... reverting back to 174.12

Man, I really don't know why we get so different results for almost the same specs.

What I can tell you, is that I've tweaked my vista... with a lot of utilities (Vista Manager, Auslogics BoostSpeed, TuneUp Utilities 2008), UAC OFF, Firewall OFF, Windows Defender OFF, Security Center OFF. I use an anti-virus that use few resources (ESET NOD32 3.0.642)... I've the lastest BIOS for my MB, ALL drivers are the lastest... (Driver Genius Professional 2007). And... that's it... SP1... and 3dMark06 Pro 1.1.0

Here are my results... with NO OVERCLOCK... and WITH OVERCLOCK. Take a look at the speeds at GPU-Z on my screenshots below:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....ost&p=70879

I think that's it... I can't find other reasons...

Guest doubleblack
Is anyone else having trouble with powermizer's autodimmer features? They're not functioning on my Dell 1520. Everything else works lovely. Wonderful drivers.

These are the best drivers I've seen to date, and I seem to remember AutoDimmer working before (I could be TOTALLY wrong though...), but I do know that Powermizer does not work anymore :)

Inspiron 1420 here <_<

Guest jimmyave

Using a HP laptop over here and when I use this driver (and alot of other driver versions) my HDMI audio doesn't work... Anyone know a solution other then use an older HP driver??

Thanks!

I think these are okay for usage. So far no bugs for me but performance is the same as the previous version of release.

Guest Guest
These are the best drivers I've seen to date, and I seem to remember AutoDimmer working before (I could be TOTALLY wrong though...), but I do know that Powermizer does not work anymore :)

Inspiron 1420 here <_<

definitely worked with other driver series, but not the other powermizer features. guess you can't have it all :\

is your s-video output working?

Guest doubleblack

I don't use S-Video, so I'm not sure...but the PowerMizer thing is starting to really ###### me off though <_<

This is Dell Specific AND WHQL! Why doesn't it work?!?

Guest Guest

Driver causes temp to rise up tu 80°C on my dell 1520 (8600M GT). Is this normal? Is there a way to lower the temperature, the machine is really hot! can't hardly touch it :)

or should roll back, anyone suggestions for other drivers? thank you

:)

These drivers are not better than 174.12. With the WHQL inf powermizer doesn't work on my go7700, and work worst than previous with modded inf (no low 2d). 3D mark is the same (2965 @460/520). I think i'll go back to prefvious.

This drivers dont work on my ACER 5920 (8600M GT).

Every minute i listen "ding", "ding".

When i tested 3D Mark, process was terminated - i see system message such this "bla-bla direct3D device was disconnected".

Somebody know the fix of this problem?

I was restore 167.58 drivers. My laptop work good with it.

Thanx to all

Give me tha black screen upon system start when entering vista,

revert back to 174.12. But 174.12 seem to have some glicth also when i refresh my screen.

Any suggestion for Dell 8600 GT

Thanks

My spec is

MS vista 32bit,

Dell Vostro 1500,

8600M GT 256M

Core 2 Dual 2GHz

2G RAM

Guest Shocker

Nice driver ! My 3DMARK06 score exceeded wall of 4000 on my 8600M GT ! :)

And this driver is so steady . There is no bug that seen with 174.12 .

-----------------------------------------------------

XPS M1530

Windows Vista Home Premium

Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2GHz

PC2-5300 DDR2 2GB

Geforce 8600M GT GDDR3 256MB

Core 475MHz Memory 702MHz

160GB 5400rpm

WSXGA+(1680x1050)

Got about 100 Points more in 3d Mark 06 (4505) compared to Dell standard Driver. Blu-ray works fine.

Edited by Pingel

Guest Guest
Best driver for my ASUS G2S - 4GB RAM - GeForce 8600M GT 256MB - Vista Ultimate 32bits SP1...

No overclock...

3dmark06 v173.80 = 4963

3dmark06 v174.31 = 5069

Recommended :)

Same result om my G2S nice iq on tv card to and games works fine this is a keeper

Guest FrenchPig
any experiences with this driver and the 8700M GT?

I have a Toshiba with 8700M GT 256M.

With this 174.31 : A lot of bugs with Flatout 2 demo (blinding textures), and graphic crashes with Crysis and CallOfDuty4 (switch to very low perfs).

Back to 173.80 : No problems with these games.

My conclusion : the 174.31 is not stable with my notebook...

(sorry for my bad english)

my config : Toshiba x200-213, bios 2.20, Core2duo 2.2Ghz, 8700M GT 256M, 2Go Ram, and now 173.80