LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.31 VISTA 32bit | ACER, ASUS, DELL, LENOVO

mobilenvidia

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Guest ~Cross~

Sure you might get better numbers on this drivers but when it comes to the games, its horrible. Not recomending this drivers for gamers. Texture problems in Company of Heroes and Soulstorm. Crashes (more than usual) in The Witcher. Slowdown on Fear

ASUS C90S

2.13Ghz Conroe

3GB Ram

8600M GT 512 ddr2

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• GaryHook

• Dox

• djrayon

Give me tha black screen upon system start when entering vista,

revert back to 174.12. But 174.12 seem to have some glicth also when i refresh my screen.

Any suggestion for Dell 8600 GT

Thanks

My spec is

MS vista 32bit,

Dell Vostro 1500,

8600M GT 256M

Core 2 Dual 2GHz

2G RAM

I have vostro w/ the 8600gt as well, i have had no problems with the 167.45 so far. have not tried any 17x.xx drivers as the 167.45 are working fine for me with all source games ie. hl-2, cs-s and dod-s.

This set is very good in UT3(Runs faster at stock clock than when running with 169.09 OCed speed at 530mhz for core and 1050mhz for mem), but PowerMizer and clock speed changing isn't working which reduced my battery life quite a bit.

Guest doubleblack
Just a heads up that Dell has officially released the 174.31 as the latest NVIDIA drivers available for download.

Anyone have a x64 official download link, all I can find are the x86 and I'm hoping the official download has fixed PowerMizer. Any news?

Can you use the official dell release for the 8600gt, i only see it listed for the i think 8700gt .... or should you use the official dell + modded inf?

thanks

EDIT: I asked all this because they have not updated the vostro download page yet, but found this link -> http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloa...p;fileid=246509

Edited by ®®®

Guest Daniel

have a weird problem on both XP and Vista with those drivers - it seams like the bottom line of the screen is moved to the left at about 50 pixels. It's well visible on XP, I can see it in vista if i move my cursor to the bottom of the screen.

Any ideas?

XPS M1210, GeForce 7400

yeah, it does crash for me randomly too.

bioshock and witcher.

i reccomend you try 174.16. its very good driver.

Guest LORD_NENO
How can this be?

I have nearly the same configuration but my results are far away from yours. Our system differ in two points. I am using 3dmark06 1.0.2 and I do not have vista sp1. anyway....I wonder how this things can bring you such results.

I do not oc, but with 1024x768 I get something about 4000 which is really bad compared to your results. Is there an reasonable explanation for that matter?

Thank you.

(174.31 works for me best,too)

1024x768?????????????

I think that this g2s have 5k in 3dmark06 because it use 1024x768,

My 3dmark06 in default runs at in my G1S 1280x853 ... and I have 4437 Points whit the G1S (t7500, 8600m gt 256ddr3, 2gb ram vista ultimate 32b sp1)

Got best results in 3Dmark06 but I get major flickering in Flatout 2 :S

• 3 weeks later...

No noticable change in my 3dMark06 score

ASUS F3T

AMD Turion TL-56

2 GB RAM

gForce 7600 Go

Drivers/Score:

167.58/2206

174.31/2208

I'll stick with these as long as they remain stable, but I was having pretty good luck with the 167.58's for quite some time.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jack

I'm using a Dell XPS M1530 laptop with Vista 32-bit, and this seems to be the best driver for viewing content on my HDTV (Samsung). I've tried the newer 175.xx drivers, but had issues in that they wouldn't let me set the refresh rate of the HDTV to 60Hz (30 was the max). I also needed the driver to be WHQL certified in order to play Blu-ray movies (which this is).

I haven't tested this with games, but am very happy with it's compatibility with HDTV. Thanks.

- Jack

• 4 weeks later...

i got a noob question here, according to the information given, the original inf of the driver supports my GeForce 8600m gt, so i dont have to add the modded inf, right? please i'm kind of lost here, thenks in advance...

• 2 weeks later...

framerates in DMC 4 dropped for me when i play with DX10 ,everything else seems fine ,can somebody test this driver with more games ? thank you in advance .

ASUS V1S - Vista32BSZ

T7300 - 8600M GT 512

Bios Vers. 301

174.31 fast and stable :)

AERO: 4,6 and 3D: 5,2

177.26 small problems with the energy-options and dualview/clone-mode :)

AERO: 4,5 and 3D: 5,1