• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• P.J

• deathwest

• zipper

• net.cat

I'm getting error messages smthg like "due to an error the setup cannot be completed" and rooling back changes, but in gpuz still shows 177.92. ???

Looks like corrupted driver. Try downloading again

Also did you uninstall previous driver completely using driver sweeper.

Strange. I use this driver with the 8600m gt oc at 600/1450/486 using rivatuner. It plays silky smooth at average 60fps (vsync on). Most settings high, 2x AA, dynamic light and shadow medium at 1024x 768. So it can't be the driver or video card.

What fps are you getting? Try disable oc first and apply the performance level forcing tweak found in earlier posts. This game shoud be at least playable without oc.

Hello...Tryed this driver and some others with my 8600GT 256Mb DDR2 and i have some problems:

1) When i try to OC card by Riva Tuner or nTune i have 100Mhz Core in Riva Tuner monitor in 3D, without OC it shows real clock 530Mhz (when aming) (but when i overclock it shows that default clock is 475Mhz - strange)...

2) I can't normally play BF2142 because of crazy laggg((( Anyone here playing BF2142 on the same video card - what in game settings do you use...and what is the best driver for it - i need only this game to play smooth, cause i don't play other games and i can't normally play it((((((((((((((((((

Great thanks for answers)

This driver is currently the best out there for vista (at least on my acer aspire 5920g), even if it downclocks during gaming, I need not restart my computer to gain my clock speed back, all I had to do was, ALT-TAB, and reapply the clock settings in rivatuner (in this case CTRL+F4, hot key rulez). Now, I can O/C without worrying that I might have to restart my laptop.

Granted, this driver wouldn't let my laptop go into performance 3d mode in desktop, but who cares, I can game like a mad man now.

Try the "ENABLEPERFLEVELFORCING" trick:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....80&start=80

I have the 5920g with this driver and not once did it downclock after applying the above tweak.

This driver is currently the best out there for vista (at least on my acer aspire 5920g), even if it downclocks during gaming, I need not restart my computer to gain my clock speed back, all I had to do was, ALT-TAB, and reapply the clock settings in rivatuner (in this case CTRL+F4, hot key rulez). Now, I can O/C without worrying that I might have to restart my laptop.

Granted, this driver wouldn't let my laptop go into performance 3d mode in desktop, but who cares, I can game like a mad man now.

That trick makes my laptop really hot, and I'm the kinda guy who leaves his laptop on over night. Sure, at first it seems cool and all, but after a while (rather, a night), all kinds of artifacts would show up on the screen, bits and pieces of graphic glitches would occur and next thing you know, it crashes anyway.

I'm cool with the downclocking now that I don't need to exit the game, or worse, restart my comp for the clock speed to be normal

sometime my lappy starts,the resolution changed?even when i off the screen and on b the reso changed..any idea?

Me too :)

Guest PatSend

That is really a great driver!

My system (Acer 5930G with 9600M GT) runs perfectly stable. But the very best: Games are a lot faster than before!

Especially Crysis won about 40 % framerate. Now I can play it with a mix of medium and high details and I have an average framerate of 24,67.

Also CoD4, Grid and Bioshock improved by ~ 20 %.

I didn't run a 3D-Mark yet, but I will do it soon.

Not a fan of this driver. ~20 points lower on 3DMark06, and I dropped a few frames in World of Conflict. Maybe it's just not good with the 8400M series.

Control panel and scrolling were fine, though. I guess it's back to 177.73 for me...

3Dmark06 score 4687 with 720/1512/526 max temp. in 3Dmark 81°C, max temp. in Assassin's Creed 93°C

Hey, ppl! Is there going to be a patched .inf for 177.92 BETA (released 26.08)? I desperately need this one for one particular game to stop giving me BSODs...

Btw, the .inf file for original 177.92 won't work... The installation starts and then says something like "no modifications has been made to the system, now get lost, you punk".

UPD Oooops, same thing happens with the driver I downloaded here. And yes, I'm pretty sure I have Vista 32bit (SP1). Card: GeForce 8600M GT

Edited by Jora-K

Just installed this driver using driver sweep method and have no CP, and OpenGL crashes in Adobe After Effects CS3. Looks like I'm going back to 177.39.

Sorry but i have to ask. Where i can find drivers for geforce 8400M GT cos i cant see in those new drivers 8400M GT can someone help me. PLEASE!!!!!

the hotkey fn+f8 doesn't work is there any workaround for this fix

WHY IS NO DRIVER FOR 8400M GT???!??!?!!?!?!?!?!?! WHAT WRONG WITH THIS CARD OR MAYBE WHAT WRONG WITH NVIDIA!!!!!!!!

Anyone having problems with SLI mode?

The driver installs fine, control panel is there however when I change it to SLI mode the screen turns blank permanently. I have a dell XPS m1730 with dual 256mb 8700m GTs.

Anyone having problems with SLI mode?

The driver installs fine, control panel is there however when I change it to SLI mode the screen turns blank permanently. I have a dell XPS m1730 with dual 256mb 8700m GTs.

Nevermind what I said, I accidentally chose the SLI display to be down on "Display" rather than "Seiko".

It all works now.

Why can't I overclock with this driver on my 8700M GT; running vista 64 bit BTW but no one is in that forum.