• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• tuhintt

• alexdino

• Au_Xtr3me

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CS:S loads smooth with these, but maybe a little too smooth. I'll try it out more later.

Hi DOX

Just stumbled across this forum whilst trying to find newer drivers for my Nvidia Quadro Fx Go1400 (PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00CC&SUBSYS_019B1028&REV_A2) which is in a DELL M70 running XP SP2 ,I have downloaded the 178.24 driver file that seems to be the most stable when reading this forum but it has not got the FX Go1400 listed in your .inf file is this card going to be supported in a further release or is it not compatible? Sorry if this seems to be a dumb question to your readers but I am new to messing with Video cards.

Keep up the good work , its a shame the OEM's don't keep up to date with the driver updates, and a crime, this lappy rushed me £2500 3yrs ago and DELL's driver updates are SLOW at the best of times : ) as the newest video driver DELL is offering is early 06.

Hope you have some good news

Dave.

hi thanks for your interest in the drivers.

Firstly I didnt add support for FX series because desktop FX series wasnt supported by nvidia in this release.

I feel a little uneasy since because of the way the drivers work.

Its like using 180.20 (see front page) they only support "GT200" and "G92" so they are more compatibile for those type of cards.

Once nvidia has FX series in their I'll add go FX gpus in my drivers.

:)

hi thanks for your interest in the drivers.

Firstly I didnt add support for FX series because desktop FX series wasnt supported by nvidia in this release.

I feel a little uneasy since because of the way the drivers work.

Its like using 180.20 (see front page) they only support "GT200" and "G92" so they are more compatibile for those type of cards.

Once nvidia has FX series in their I'll add go FX gpus in my drivers.

Ok Thanx

I'll just have to keep coming back and checking : ) Is it likely that they may release something for these cards in the near future or is it time to hope ?

Thanx for the quick response anyway.

Dave. :)

(THANKYOU DELL for giving me an Out-of Date Nvidia Quadro FX Go1400 card in my Workstation/Laptop that was your Flagship model 2yrs ago)

actually all is not lost:

I recommend you install these drivers: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....r=all&st=50

choose 175.19 ( I can direct link you to it since I dont know your OS???)

also download the modded inf (its the link next to "Download")

And once driver is extracted put the modded ing into there. and install :)

Will your modified driver and inf, solve the "nvlddmkm driver has stopped responding error"? I repeatedly get this error while trying to play Crysis Warhead; in fact, I get the same error playing the original. Now before anyone asks how I would fathom to play the sequel, if the prequel generated errors?...I submit this....

I played the original (believe it or not) on Vista 64, with 3800x2 amd/1gig of ram/80gig HD/ and an old Nvidia MX440. I don't recall the drivers I used at the time; but in any event...there were no errors.

I have since upgraded with 2 more gigs of memory; a 500 gi HD, and an Nvidia Geforce 6600, and when I tried to replay the original Crysis, (not to mention, the sequel,) after the upgrades, I get the "nvlddmkm driver has stopped responding error"?

I've already Googled in search of a solution to a problem that apparently has plagued many for over a year; which is what finds me here.

I'm hoping that the correlations I've provided, will assist someone in developing a fix.

actually all is not lost:

I recommend you install these drivers: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....r=all&st=50

choose 175.19 ( I can direct link you to it since I dont know your OS???)

also download the modded inf (its the link next to "Download")

And once driver is extracted put the modded inf into there. and install :P

:(

Thankyou so much for the help :thumbsup: ,I know you are busy, went to the link and got 175.19 ,then got confused when I couldn't get an inf to match as the inf on 175.19 is greyed out (Didn't read enough :rofl: ) So went back and forth a couple of times before reading the rest of the link and realised that I could use 175.16 inf for the mod, :) ,I am using XP SP2 and a Quadro FX Go1400 card, I hope that I have done the correct thing. Its getting late now and I'll try this tommorow pm.

Do you suggest a complete UNINSTALL of all Nvidia stuff or can I just update the driver via Device Manager?

Thanx Dox :P :( :thumbsup: :(

DELL M70 XP SP2 Nvidia Graphics drivers Quadro FX Go 1400 NEW :)

Guest Evil Corn

Dox, did you modify or tweak anything within the 178.24? i am planning to use your modified inf for the 179.13 driver release. hehe :)

people say that the 179.13 is the best driver but base from the chart by convert, yours performed much better

:(

Thankyou so much for the help :rofl: ,I know you are busy, went to the link and got 175.19 ,then got confused when I couldn't get an inf to match as the inf on 175.19 is greyed out (Didn't read enough :P ) So went back and forth a couple of times before reading the rest of the link and realised that I could use 175.16 inf for the mod, :) ,I am using XP SP2 and a Quadro FX Go1400 card, I hope that I have done the correct thing. Its getting late now and I'll try this tommorow pm.

Do you suggest a complete UNINSTALL of all Nvidia stuff or can I just update the driver via Device Manager?

Thanx Dox :P :( :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DELL M70 XP SP2 Nvidia Graphics drivers Quadro FX Go 1400 NEW :)

ahhh actually you can also try 175.16 which would be a good driver for your card.

And yes uninstal driver via control panel:

start--> add re move programs--> nvidia drivers

then upon restart install drivers

Dox, did you modify or tweak anything within the 178.24? i am planning to use your modified inf for the 179.13 driver release. hehe :)

people say that the 179.13 is the best driver but base from the chart by convert, yours performed much better

just use my drivers with the drivers file provided :)

using my inf on 179.13 i cannot guarantee it will install.

Hey Dox,

Thanks for modifying this driver. My Dell w/ 8600 GT would never play the last level of C&C3, it always crashed about 5 minutes in. I downloaded your v.1.1 today, and it made it all the way through the level. I could tell when it normally would crash, it paused for about 2 seconds, then went right on to the end. Now I gotta find a new game...

Thanks again.

Jeff

I'm using currently the Dell 175.95 which give me a good temperature (about 65° in 3D Games) for my 8600M GT. Since Pes2009 i have the problem about downclocing duriing this game. It's horrible, some times the card downclocks after 5 minutes, some times after 2 hours. Perhaps a temperature problem, what about the temperature with this driver? I don't wanna disable powermizer.

Thanks Dox for your recent suggestion to try the 175.16 in my DELL M70 ,XP SP2 32bit, it works BRILLIANT ,Haven't had any issues with crashing out of games and my CPU and GPU temps are very LOW and Fans don't go mad atall .

:) :) :P

I can now play my kids games : ) :( :( Thankyou SO much :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dave

P.S. Love the icons :P :rofl:

Hi again...the drivers are working 5* sofar.....i only have a little problem

Sometimes when i close the lid of my laptop in Desktopmode (Close lid only turns off monitor not the laptop himself) and i open it again it changes my resolution to 1024x768 where my resolution should be 1440x900.

Now this doesn't happen many times ut when it does i have to reorganize my whole Desktop...all icons are where they shouldn't be....is that a option or a driver issue?

P.S. my Standart FPS in wow is now 60 - 80fps....love it :)

glad the drivers are working well for you :P

I think it is a driver issue :P

Nothing i can do about that except give you a work around :)

Download layout.zip from: http://www.nthelp.com/proggy/layout.zip

unzip it and put layout.dll into windows/system32 directory

double click on layout.reg

now arrange your icon to the way you want it

right click recycle bin and choose "save desktop layout icon"

You can still move the icons around however you can take it back to the way you saved it by right clicking the recycle bin again and choosing "Restore Desktop Icon layout".

This wont solve you resolution change but atleast you dont have to move the desktop icons to where you want it again :)

glad the drivers are working well for you :P

I think it is a driver issue :rofl:

Nothing i can do about that except give you a work around :)

Download layout.zip from: http://www.nthelp.com/proggy/layout.zip

unzip it and put layout.dll into windows/system32 directory

double click on layout.reg

now arrange your icon to the way you want it

right click recycle bin and choose "save desktop layout icon"

You can still move the icons around however you can take it back to the way you saved it by right clicking the recycle bin again and choosing "Restore Desktop Icon layout".

This wont solve you resolution change but atleast you dont have to move the desktop icons to where you want it again :)

i tested it and it worked...thanks...the resolution change didn't happend again...it will because some games crash here and don't change to standart resolution...but atleast like you said....this takes alot of work placing the icons on their place...so thanks :P

Hi there Dox!

Started using your drivers on my Dell XPS m1330 and I have seen some major FPS improvement in games and system graphics.. One question do.. I am connecting my 42" TV to computer.. and I managed to add custom resolution to drivers for the TV.. Thing is that I lack Resize HDTV desktop option in the drivers because my picture on TV is larger.. Any idea what I could do? :)

Hi Dox,

I've read all the posts in this thread and I realized that you've done a great job(another bench mark thread proved that). I want to download the Vista 32 v1.1, but the FileFront really sucks! I'm from mainland of China and I've tried for about a thousand times before I know that I can use a proxy begin my download. Even that the speed is no more higher than 5K/s :) I'll suggest you a online storage website: Rayfile. It's very fast and absolutely no limitation to your file. The only thing they want you to do is to ask more people go there and download. This site is used frequently in China. However, I don't know how it works on your side. Just a recommendation :)

And I have a question to ask: Does your 178.24 Vista 32 v1.1 supports the resolution of 1024*640 in game? I tried several drivers in LV2Go, and I found that some allow me to choose this resolution and some don't. There are two reasons why I like this resolution: One is 1024*640 will make me feel like I'm playing on TV (the two resolution have the same ratio so 1024*640 can go full screen and this will bring a little blur). The other is that my laptop will have better performance in lower resolution. I can enable more effects. I guess whether I can choose 1024*640 depends on something in the driver. So does your modded 178.24 support that?

hello wayne.

Im in the process of finding other places to host the drivers :)

My drivers doesnt have 1024x640, but i will add that into the next release.

OK. I will upload your drivers to the website I mentioned, and post the URL here. You can test the download speed then.

Please please please add the resolution and release the next version. I just can't wait to see that! :)

Edited by Wayne_H

Testet this driver some days and i like it. Live in Switzerland but don't need German language support or other crap which come with the original driver. PES2009 runs very smooth, also other games on my notebook. The only "bug" is the downclock problem, but this is made by Nvidia/Microsoft. Yesterday i played PES about 3 hours without any problems. Today the card downlocked after 10 minutes. However, this is my last game for my notebook, i'll buy a ps3 or xbox360 next year. Until then i will use this driver, thanks a lot for that!

working really good.waiting for your next improved "update"