LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 180.70

Dox

ok, before I go to bed.

Thanks for the detailed info :)

Just what I am after, makes my life easier and less frustrating :)

Can you please install the "hotfix" version?

It has a .dll driver enabled (nvmctray) and see if that helps you.

Before you try that, instead of double clicking the shortcut to timeshift, find the actual .exe and run from there?

This is a real weird prob, that i will try and get to the bottom with for next release.

Anyone fancy loaning timeshift for me? :P

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Galdere

• Shakey_Jake33

• Areez Oke

I don't play timeshift, but I am aware it is an incredibly fussy game, with numerous startup problems etc.

I did have it running fine as a test with these drivers, and it's not meant for Vista x64, so I don't consider anything with this driver to cause a fault with this game.

If you look in the Timeshift forums, as I suggested, you will find they offer our standard advice on how to clean out previous drivers and replace with the new ones, including your audio. Downloading patch 1.2 is a must.

Other advice includes:

"Try going into your UserConfigs folder (found in the TimeShift folder under Program Files), find your profile's directory, and delete the user and controls ini files within."

in addition to this you may have to "Start the game, edit the controls in-game, click on accept when finnished. Now do not exit the game but push down ALT+ENTER. In the explorer window write protect both controls.ini and user.ini. Exit game, and enter the game again."

They also even suggest using RivaTuner to reset the driver settings to default, but this would take away tweaks from this driver, which adds to my suggestion that the problem here is with one game that requires such a strict setup, and not our great Dox.

Other than what I mentioned about resolutions, which someone else mentioned differently afterwards, another thought as to how it could be related to these drivers in a way, is to do with having a different language in windows and using this english only version on it, with which something as arkward as Timeshift might cause a conflict with somehow.

http://forums.vgames.com/forum.jspa?forumID=278&start=0

http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/act...swers.search_nl

El Gign - You are not providing enough information about your system and the type of error that is occuring.

Morning Dox;

My dell 1500(with 8600mGT) runs with your 180.70, I find that the digital vibrance is enabled,and it looks much bright:mellow:.But I also have some problems.

Sometimes since it boots, each game I play will very slow,and often tell me dispaly driver failed...Sometimes I shutdown and boot it,my display resolution comes back to 1024 by 768. I guess that there may be sth. wrong withthe documents of the new driver, or the driver couldn't be installed correctly.

Guest El Gign

El Gign - You are not providing enough information about your system and the type of error that is occuring.

As i mentioned above, there are no error massage occuring, just only aplication cannot start, i,ve alreday reinstalled the game after installed dox 180.70 of course with new profile because reinstalled all. But still not working, now i'm use normal 180.70 and all working normally, and after finished playing timeshift , i will be back to dox 180.70 to play another games that supported by this driver.

I have BenQ S41 with Geforce 8600M GT and Windows XP SP3-32, thats all of information, is that not enough?

I was thinking, perhaps this is because of the dox drivers are very optimised, so there are something that removed

But it's okay, let we finished discuss about time shift problem, the games that i played is near end, maybe for two or three days again this game will be "the end" so i can back to dox driver again :)

So dox and everyone please forgive me for my post :P :rofl: :thumbsup:

and i swear to not appeared again in this thread :) :P

DOX 180.70 is perfect with CoD4... :) :) now CoD4 runs smoothly and more sharper... :P

thanks dox!

ohyea, i have T7250@2 ghz...86M GS@512mb and 2 gb RAM...with XP32.. :P

Edited by Areez Oke

Syid - Completely remove and clean up in safe mode your graphics driver, it may well be a corrupted installation.

El Gign - Have you installed the patch? Have you tried the other suggestion to do with the Timeshift .ini files? Have you used a driver cleaner in safe mode? What language is your windows in? What resolution are you using on your desktop and in the game? Have you tried different ones?

You should always include information relevant to what you are posting about, as well as the basics about your system, which is why it makes sense to register and have it at the side of your posts, and so people can check your previous posts from other pages easily.

Just saying "I have a problem with this game and I have this laptop" does encourage people to you assist you. I have to look up your laptop to find you have an 8600 GS not a GT as you state, a T7100@1.8Ghz, your native resolution is 1280x800...

DOX 180.70 is perfect with CoD4... :) :) now CoD4 runs smoothly and more sharper... :P

thanks dox!

eh bro, lu dah pernah mainin time shift belum pake dox 180.70? punya gw gak bisa, jadi balik ke desktop terus

Guest El Giant

Hi, i am El Gign friend :rofl: :thumbsup:

Several hours ago, El Gign ask me to installed Time Shift games in my laptop Acer 5920G with use T7500 2,2Ghz ; Geforce 8600M GT and Win XP Pro SP2 - 32, with 1280x800 resolution.

First with original driver 101.38, The time Shift can start normally, than i reinstall to 180.70, there are no error too, but after insatalled Dox 180.70, it can not start, after clicking aplication, it always back to desktop without any errors masage, then i reinstalled to dox 180.44, it have same problem too, so i'll back to the normal 180.70 (thanx for El Gign to give me new driver) :thumbsup: :( , goodbye old 101.38 :P :P

I followed your advice to reinstalled and used Driver Sweepper (from guru3d) in safe mode, but it won't help. I've alredy patched 1,1 and use 1280x800 resolution and english language but that still not help. :)

(but i think there are no relation with the patch,resolution and language, because with my old 101.38 and 180.70 it work normally, why with dox 180.70 can not work?) : :)

I think this problem only occurs in Win XP Pro -32 with 8600M GT.

eh bro, lu dah pernah mainin time shift belum pake dox 180.70? punya gw gak bisa, jadi balik ke desktop terus

i havent played it yet bro...Im not interested in Timeshift... :) just use the original 180.70 :)

Im playing CoD4, CoD5 and NFS Undercover...and now, waiting for GTA4... :P

Guest evil corn

i have a 8600m GS.already re-installed the game but still won't work. i have a vista-32 sp1

i always un-install and use driver sweeper whenever i change video drivers

i think it just incompatible with the game since its already considered an old game

i like to thank Dox for the great drivers. games are running much better now. using 178.24 in my laptop and 180.44 on my desktop(i just tried it and installed without any problem. 8600 GT) Dox's 180.44 supports desktop video card. hehe

What's Timeshift ?

What's Timeshift ?

It's a new feature in the 180 series drivers. It allows you warp the fabric of spacetime, so you end up after big bang 2, at a universe where nVidia's card renaming makes perfect sense.

I'm on Vista Home Premium 64bit and these drivers appear to run very well. Just one question though. How do these drivers handle Phys-X? Is it enabled in this driver as I have read somewhere that some drivers dissable Phys-X.

the funny thing is.

with the 180.xx drivers (not my problem)

Nvidia has "enabled" physX in the nvidia control panel.

PhysX isnt enabled unless you install a physX driver.

You can grab physX driver from nvidia's site.

so to enbled physX just download and install the latest version.

Thanks for the fast reply and help. I have only had this notebook since last Wednesday and have never had a computer that was Phys-X compatible so thanks again for the help :)

great drivers ! seems more people also have the same problem

"Why I must set my display resolution after boot? "

here same problem :)

what to do ?

nevermind

Edited by Corrosive

Hey Dox,

Using a 9700M GT ... having an issue with stable FPS with your 64-bit release. I would like to say when the drivers were working, they are the HIGHEST QUALITY and PERFORMANCE drivers I have installed, and I have tried every single one that has come out thus far.

My card is not downclocking with powermizer but I am having about 50% of my FPS just drop for no determinable reason. This is most noticeable in COD4.

The settings and commands have been tweaked for optimal performance however, when I first ran your drivers I was having 90 FPS with all textures on extra 1280 x 768 resolution. Had Dynamic Lighting and Specular Mapping turned off.

Double checked clock speeds with RivaTuner and Ntune, both show no drop in Clockage.

No serious apps running in the background, Indexing off, Winupdate is off, AV is in standby. Tweaked the hell out of Vista to disable 90% of the unnecessary services, has greatly increased performance in vista and all games (haven't disabled any services that cause problems for me.)

Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 (2.00GHz) OC to 2.20GHz per core.

4 GB DDR2 Dual Channel 667 MHz

nVidia 9700M GT

200GB 7200RPM SATA II HD

Windows Home Premium 64-bit

Can't get the performance back no matter what settings in game or on drivers.

Also installed these drivers clean. No previous nvidia drivers or files on HD. I installed twice though but the same glitch occurs where performance is great after install then after reboot performance is chunky and unstable.

*Update*

If I run in native resolution (1366x768) the FPS is much more stable at a lower 50-90 FPS. I prefer to keep it at 90 FPS though as the problem still occurs with any resolution lower.

Also notice a resolution of 1164 x 640 or something similar is missing from resolution choices for me.

Edited by Cain

yeah, I think I may have over optimised the drivers this time.

It *MAY* be related to nvmctray, since some users reported resolution problem with it.

I'll be sure to inclucde that next into the drivers next release just to be sure.

Or this could be a driver bug, to be sure try the original 180.70

As for the missing resolution, what one would you like so I can add it into the next release.

I only include "common" ones but willing to add to it for users ask me, like you are now.

aslo cain some optimisation notes:

do not disable nvidia display driver service- read what the description says in services.msc :) so make your mind up on whether you want to or not after reading that.

If you have want to disable it - use rivatuner or nHancer (nhancer has it own service which it requires to do the same thing as nvidia driver service but it uses 3 times more resources!!)

I've already optimised the service without it breaking functionality :P

The background resources for it is minimal anyway.

Do not disbale nvdaemon startup item- it saves color settings done in the nvidia control panel and boots them on bootup, I havent found another use for it yet.

So you can prevent this from start up if you want, you'll need rivatuner to load your colour preference instead.

nvmctray- as far as i know it was for XP with nvidia tray icon, this still remains a mystery to me.

Glad you are enjoying the drivers!!!

Expect a nice surprise next release :)

yeah, I think I may have over optimised the drivers this time.

It *MAY* be related to nvmctray, since some users reported resolution problem with it.

I'll be sure to inclucde that next into the drivers next release just to be sure.

Or this could be a driver bug, to be sure try the original 180.70

As for the missing resolution, what one would you like so I can add it into the next release.

I only include "common" ones but willing to add to it for users ask me, like you are now.

aslo cain some optimisation notes:

do not disable nvidia display driver service- read what the description says in services.msc :) so make your mind up on whether you want to or not after reading that.

If you have want to disable it - use rivatuner or nHancer (nhancer has it own service which it requires to do the same thing as nvidia driver service but it uses 3 times more resources!!)

I've already optimised the service without it breaking functionality :P

The background resources for it is minimal anyway.

Do not disbale nvdaemon startup item- it saves color settings done in the nvidia control panel and boots them on bootup, I havent found another use for it yet.

So you can prevent this from start up if you want, you'll need rivatuner to load your colour preference instead.

nvmctray- as far as i know it was for XP with nvidia tray icon, this still remains a mystery to me.

Glad you are enjoying the drivers!!!

Expect a nice surprise next release :)

Those services were still activated, got a BSOD when I disable one time : )

I will await the next release. Already recommend your drivers as the highest quality and performance to anyone I know with the brain capacity to change their drivers.

Also noticed that my GPU Temp is really high 85c to 90c after an hour. I also think this is why the performance drops. Not sure what the operating range of GPU temps for my card is but that seems high.

My feedback:

Gaming performance is very good but I didn't like video playback performance. I'm watching 720p HD videos. I'm using Kazaa Lite Codec pack, DX9 renderer and etc.

and the original 180.48's playback is AWESOME. Yours is choppy. My system is a bit on the edge for the ability of playing HD videos in high quality mode. So I can test it that way. If the movie has a action scene and if there are lots of thing going on in the playback, some drivers could not keep up with it. But after installing the new version of the codec I found that 180.48s playback is flawless.

So I'm using 180.48 right now.

But for gaming your drivers is really good.

Not we need to test some drivers with GTAIV :)

im using 1280x800

dox, is the LOD mipmap settings of this release locked like in the previous ones..? i'm really not a fan of it, thats hy i still use your 178.24 release...may i request that you keep it changeable in the next release, or an alternative release or something..? thanks so much, and keep the good work!

its not locked this release.

see here to what I plan to do next:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=151

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=185

balance is the one you want to ues on the next drivers :)

Hey Dox! The 1024x640 actually works properly in Fallout3 this time, yay! No more black bars to annoy me :)

On my first run with the 180.70, the game ran really well, no stuttering and stable framerates when exploring Fallout's world. But about an hour into the game my frames started to choke whenever I changed my view to look at different places (eg from left to right) and finally I had to quit when artifacts like vertical ghosting of the enemies and gray walls started appearing..

My graphics card's temps hit 90 at the top, could that be the issue? Temperature biting back at me?

But either way, your driver series give us gamers something really interesting to look forward to every few weeks (a product that continues to improve over time is absolutely my kind of thing), so thanks and keep up the great work :)