LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 (zipper)

zipper

Don't know exactly, mostly they play with the settings you can change in Control panel and give preference to either quality or speed. With the recent drivers I've got no meaningful speed boost compared to the settings I've used for years.

The tendency to overheat seems to differ from driver to driver, you have to test yourself; beta drivers are more suspicious than more tested ones.

The speed of a driver compared to another changes as a different test/game is used; I'd point the biggest interest to the Min and Avg FPS as the fluctuating is most irritating.

All those other mobile infs are mostly based on lv2go infs....

(and when I tested them I got always worse benchies than with lv2go infs :) )

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• ConteJazz

• ®®®

• Andrusch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

97.44 added; no problems, performance going down as expected with these "too" new drivers for go6xxx chip.

Are you trying to say that the 9x.xx serie will be remembered as the transition to Forceware X?

At least they give us go6800 users a hint to prepare to upgrade....

• 4 weeks later...

97.92 tested - no problems, not better than previous, speedwise.

• 3 weeks later...

tweakerizer tried on 97.92 - nice speedup on 3DMark03 and some on 3DMark05.

Okay... my asus zsp8100 runs a 6800 go (325/700).

I am not sure what driver i was running but i uninstalled and got the 91.33 to take them for a run.

The first time i tried installing them i went to the windows blue screen crash. The nvidia driver was the one listed.

So i uninstalled and tried again... then it happened when i went to log in to xp.

I even tried installing them on safe mode. Still couldnt log in on the following restart.

Any idea why???

currently i rolled back to my 78.21 on cd cuz i wanted something to work.

91.33 BSOD'd on my machine as well when I went to install it today.

Instead I've installed 97.92 which seem to be working wonderfully outside of a single BSOD upon rebooting for the first time after the install.

I benchmarked under 3dMark05 with a 4583. I don't know if that's good or bad for my particular machine as I don't know how to open the 3dr's I've saved from previous runs (I'm a dope and didn't export the results to excel).

There's no link right now to the 97.92 install but I did manage to edit the url to access it at http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/95series/9792.exe

I also manually changed the inf from the 97.44 inf for this file, seems to be working ok. I've attached it to this post. I hope this helps.

post-25041-1211713215_thumb.gif

nv4_disp.inf

as an update for my BSOD

seeing on how the 78.21 are litterly ancient.

I have been strugling but got 87.25

These to what i read by zipper appear to be in the top performance running. (expeically oc'ing mwahaha)

I dont know why the 91.33 are giving us problems... but i dont really care anymore. i upgraded... thats good enough for me

(note - before i believe i was running 84.xx)

I dont know why the 91.33 are giving us problems... but i dont really care anymore. i upgraded... thats good enough for me

(note - before i believe i was running 84.xx)

Probably some crap staying from older drivers. First time I tried 91.33 I had no problems. Now, after having tested several drivers upto 97.x I tried

91.33 again - just a series of BSODs. I didn't bother to uninstall newer drivers and use drivercleaner and that was then the result of laziness...

There's no link right now to the 97.92 install but I did manage to edit the url to access it at http://download.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/95series/9792.exe

The modded inf is there, too:

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/95serie...nf/nv4_disp.inf

My machine froze up after taking 5 steps in WoW with both sets of the new drivers. I've reverted back to 84.20 and things seem to be working fine.

I use Driver Cleaner each and every time I uninstall my drivers, and I follow the directions by rebooting both after the uninstall, and after running Driver Cleaner in safe mode.

I don't know what it is, but all the 9X.XX drivers seem to lock my machine up for about 30 seconds after logging in, then it runs normally as well. I think I'm going to give up though and just stick with these drivers sadly.

I have nothing positive to say about them, either. At least concerning us, with "ancient" hardware.. :)

Edited by zipper

• 2 weeks later...

I love the work you do Zipper :)

I just need to ask you what driver you have stuck to after all that benchmarking you have been doing. Witch one do you prefer?

I leave the latest working one to do its job - I don't need the "fastest" driver.

• 2 weeks later...

97.73 tested; no problems but one of the less impressive benchmarkers again.

• 2 months later...

Posts missing for two months. And tested some 15/6x.xx drivers with bad results some weeks ago - video problems. Then 97.95, a slight downgrade from 97.92 speedwise, but videos are working. Should test 158.xx again as the video problem might be just with 165.xx.

Tested 158.19 again as I did read from somewhere it should work better than 16x.xx on videos. It's slightly faster than 97.xx but at least one wmv file did bsod that works on 97.xx so back to pre-100 again :)

Hi,

i've a geforce go 6800. My version of bios is .49. I'm using 87.xx drivers from laptopvideos.

I want to ask what improvement i take updating bios to .60. I'm also interested to know if you think that is best to update my bios or if it is not necessary.

If you think that i should update my bios, please tell me a link to download it.. i also need some procedure to install it without floppy drive.

Thanks very much!

• 1 month later...

Today the background lighting went poof in my 4438 so I'm eagerly waiting something go8800-wise popping up letting me to upgrade. Now I have to buy an external LCD panel to replace that old 17" crappy tube I have to use.

Probably 22" widescreen is enough so far. And I really was waiting for something to break...

As I'm now forced to use an external monitor I can't get comparable results anymore - seems that using external causes loss of about 2% of performance, quickly estimated. Probably no more additions to this thread. But 22" widescreen seems quite a lot bigger than 17"...

Edited by zipper

• 1 month later...

Well, at last a working 1xx.xx driver - 163.16!

Overclocks with RivaTuner, videos do work, let's see if anything else pops up. And performance with older benchies is going down as expected. :)

A little too soon happy - at least one HD video crashed, but a couple that used to crash earlier did work now.

-and the crasher played nicely on my workhorse 16 MB Ati Rage Pro...

Edited by zipper

After all, probably just a codec error; upgrading seemed to cure at least that case.