LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Fujitsu Amilo M3438G driver recommendation & Overclocking results

Miki

Do you mean 1 fps as final result or at the actual fighting scene

In the CPU2 test i get 1-2 fps all the time while the trolls fight the woman.

I guess it's the processor then. At the moment it's running 1,73 GHz and 800 MHz? :)

How can i clock it to "@ 2000 MHz - 10091 , CPU: 830" like you've done? I can't do it in my bios, the option haven't been there.

Edited by ®®®

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Miki

• Suns

• Eggenberg4Ever

Top Posters In This Topic

My findings on my brand new Amilo 3438:

1. No "lag"-bug (yeeha :) )

2. Kick-arse performance;

1.7Ghz CPU (100Fsb Dothan), 6800Go with BIOS 39.60 and overlocked to 370 core / 740 mem:

3Dmark2005 default: 4377 marks.

Other benches still to be run. Laptop brand new and I'm reporting from a 3-day lanparty so it's pretty hot, which prevents me for further OC-ing. I will be buying a laptop cooler and will probably try the pinmod in the nearby future.

I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 with a 6800 go, can someone tell me which driver I should download? I know the benchmarks on the first page tell me which driver is the best for 6800 at the moment. But I have never done something like this before and I want to install the driver that has the best fps but I've read things like you have to tune up your clock speed etc. Or could I just download the driver and install it? But I am a bit worried that my laptop may be fried afterwards...So if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Edited by Train

Guest Arayn

Hi, having an m3438 as well, I ran into strange things lately:

After using successfully 83.xx drivers with modded inf's I tried to upgrade to 84.xx drivers.

After a short minute usually my system would freeze and the display would start to show bleeding effects, in some areas the color would get brighter and brighter!!! I reacted with a hard shutoff. :)

After the first occurrence I tried to go back to the old 83.xx driver, but the same would happen. The only driver which is running stable now is the original FSC, 79.11

I tried other 83.xx and 84.xx drivers with both modded inf and original FSC inf, but the effects where the same. I'm running the 39.60 BIOS and did not try to overclock.

Any ideas?

Hi, having an m3438 as well, I ran into strange things lately:

After using successfully 83.xx drivers with modded inf's I tried to upgrade to 84.xx drivers.

After a short minute usually my system would freeze and the display would start to show bleeding effects, in some areas the color would get brighter and brighter!!! I reacted with a hard shutoff. :)

After the first occurrence I tried to go back to the old 83.xx driver, but the same would happen. The only driver which is running stable now is the original FSC, 79.11

I tried other 83.xx and 84.xx drivers with both modded inf and original FSC inf, but the effects where the same. I'm running the 39.60 BIOS and did not try to overclock.

Any ideas?

You have probably installed 84.26 drivers which have created problems for quite a few users.

There is a thread in Guru3D forum where you can find instructions how to safely remove those drivers.

BTW if anyone is interested, there is a Forceware 84 series roundup at NGOHQ.com.

Guest Arayn
You have probably installed 84.26 drivers which have created problems for quite a few users.

There is a thread in Guru3D forum where you can find instructions how to safely remove those drivers.

BTW if anyone is interested, there is a Forceware 84 series roundup at NGOHQ.com.

Thanks for the info, I will stay away from that version. :)

Solved the problem by restoring my system/executable partition with a two week old backup though.

ah... one more, Miki: do you use the 'regular' modded inf for your updates or, as someone has suggested, the original FSC one?

I always use modded ones from the Enhancer page with quality enhancements.

• 4 weeks later...

miki do u think that 84.25 are better than 83.20 (or 83.90)? i would like to play oblivion so i wonder what might be the best driver for my amilo m3438g (geforce go 6800)

tnx

Miki,

Have you tried the 84.15 driver?

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....fujitsu+siemens

It says there that this version is released by fujitsu siemens.

Anyone tried this version please comment.

No i haven't because 84.25 do a wonderful job regarding speed, image quality and stability on my Amilo. If you play FEAR or Oblivion you would want 84.25+ drivers anyway. I haven't tried higher version then 84.25 though so i can not comment if there is a better driver for GF 6800 Go then this one.

miki do u think that 84.25 are better than 83.20 (or 83.90)? i would like to play oblivion so i wonder what might be the best driver for my amilo m3438g (geforce go 6800)

tnx

For Oblivion 84.20+ drivers are a must. 84.25 show a good performance but i have read on some hardware forums that 84.56 have the best performance in Oblivion so you might give these a shot.

I only get 5221 with 3Dmark. I use an amilo M 3438G with 1,73 GHz and 1GB ram.

84.12: 5221 (325/600) 1024/768

What might the problem be?

That´s the same problem like mine. Flash now the new Bios 39.60 und try the newest driver. Hope in works......

Update:

Driver 87.08 works fine! think it`s a fast driver.

Bench: 325/600 Mhz

Default settings

3D2003: 8789

3D2005: 3756

Overclock not possible! It`s possible to increase the frequenzy but at 3DMark Detail ist`s always at default Speed :) :P

Somebody to help me :)

Edited by jabberwalky

Guest ASCIWhite
I have flashed GeForce with 39.60 rom and it went without a problem (this is a must for any Amilo 3438 / 4438 owner).

Would you mind terribly to show me where to get the ROM ? I own a stock 4438 2.0Ghz 2 GigRam and offcourse a 6800GO :)

My mail is quiksilver696@hotmail.com

Guest Guest
Would you mind terribly to show me where to get the ROM ? I own a stock 4438 2.0Ghz 2 GigRam and offcourse a 6800GO :)

My mail is quiksilver696@hotmail.com

There is a link to GF 6800 Go Video Bios files in this thread. I used 6800goper.rom which has 380/680 MHz speeds for core/memory. You might have to downclock your GF6800 a bit since not all cards can run stable on that speeds. I use it @ 380/660 , and the stability has been confirmed in crazy 8+ hours long WoW sessions :)

Sorry , that was me. I forgot to log in :)

Driver 87.08 works fine! think it`s a fast driver.

Overclock not possible! It`s possible to increase the frequenzy but at 3DMark Detail ist`s always at default Speed :) :)

That's odd, oc works for me.

(but I installed on 84.66)

Edited by zipper

Guest Guest

hi all?i have amilo 3438.i have flashed the gpu bios ti 39.60 and ihave update the drivers i use 84.25.the ploblem is that i can't overclock the gpu it always return to the default settings?i have try and riva tuner and do the same thing.

Guest Guest

hi all?i have amilo 3438.i have flashed the gpu bios ti 39.60 and ihave update the drivers i use 84.25.the ploblem is that i can't overclock the gpu it always return to the default settings?i have try and riva tuner and do the same thing.

hi all?i have amilo 3438.i have flashed the gpu bios ti 39.60 and ihave update the drivers i use 84.25.the ploblem is that i can't overclock the gpu

Try 84.56 - oc's OK here, and TweaksRUs' tweakerizer gives some performance boost to it.

http://tweaksrus.com/index.php?option=com_...ownload&gid=636

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gastje

Hi

I own the amilo3438v2 so i have GeForce 6800 Go 256 mb video card. For now i'm using the fujitsu drivers. But because i hear many good things about this 8425 driver, i tried to install it.

And... i received the error that my video card is not compatible with this driver.

So what am i doing wrong? If i understand correctly many GeForce6800 use this driver...

Sorry if this is a dumb question (i'm new to laptopvideo), but could somebody please explain this?

Thanks in advance.

I´m Having trouble with my amilo m3438g

I have 39.60 bios and nvidia 84.25 drivers with NO OVERCLOCKING AT ALL

My problem is than my amilo seems to get overheated, when i play dreamfall (the longest journey) my gpu reaches 90 to 100 Cº and eventually my laptop shuts down.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to all of you Amilo owners.

Right now I'm using the 84.25 version but I got a big problem...

When I run Half Life 2 Episode one I'm experiencing problems with the temperature: it gets really high and the vga downclock itself so the game run really slow... How can I bypass this thing?

Right now I'm using the 84.25 version but I got a big problem...

When I run Half Life 2 Episode one I'm experiencing problems with the temperature: it gets really high and the vga downclock itself so the game run really slow... How can I bypass this thing?

Make your pick:

1. Clean your cooling system

2. Purchase a laptop cooler

3. Try another driver

4. Downclock your GPU

Edited by zipper

Make your pick:

1. Clean your cooling system

2. Purchase a laptop cooler

3. Try another driver

4. Downclock your GPU

Tnx for your help

Maybe it's the first point cause I just tried to downclock, to change drivers and I'm not gonna buy a cooler :)

The fact is that during this last month my notebook has been on for a long time: there will be a lot of dust in it. This evening I'll open it!

Tnx again