LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros modded Driver for Windows 7, Vista and WinXP

mobilenvidia

Guest Atheros AR5006EG DPC issue

Hi! I’m having DPC Latency issue with my laptop Atheros AR5006EG WiFi adapter but just can’t install any drivers from this topic unfortunately. I tried latest official version 7.7.0.466 but no result so decided to try these now. It seems only suitable version is 7.7.0.259 in my case according to this post: . I deleted official driver from Windows XP (32-bit SP3) backup directory uninstalled device and tried to install this driver few times but no success. I also followed this guide http://aspiregemstone.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-to-use-modded-drivers-for-atheros.html but still no luck. Please help me with this issue. Many thanks in advance!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• furtherforever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am also having similar trouble as the user above. I have a friend's Notebook running XP SP3 with an Atheros AR5007EG Adapter (VEN_168C&DEV_001C) suffering heavy DPC issues. I too couldn't get windows to take to the atheros_v7.7.0.259_v1.26 mod driver, it kept defaulting to the windows included driver no matter how much I tried to roll it back then update. Eventually after hiding OEM25.inf, I got it to prompt with the new hardware found wizard. But even after that, after updating to v7.7.0.259_v1.26 or atheros_v7.7.0.233_v1.24 windows failed to take to the driver giving an error message relating to the naming of the driver (image attached).

Any ideas or similar experiences shared would be greatly appreciated :)

100716error.th.png

EDIT:

Sorry, my bad. I forgot to remove the registry entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services for the old drivers as well.

I have v7.7.0.259_v1.26 going now, but the notebook still has terrible DPC Latency Issues with the mod driver, ah well... :)

Edited by Vereor

Hi guys, need a bit of guidance. The fact that there are three threads with drivers is kind of confusing. Which latest, modified, driver set is safe for me to download? I am running Windows XP Pro with an atheros 9220 based card. Am i stuck with the older 1.26 INF, of is it safe for me to use the latest 1.30 inf designed for vista/7? Thanks!

Brilliant drivers, installed and used the GPIO fix to restore the LED functionality on my laptop. Works like a charm, thanks for all the hard work!

Is your 928x a 3x2 or 2x2 or 2x1 receive/send WLAN card ?

If it's a 2x1 like the 9285 then you will only really get 150Mbps.

Hi Movilenvidia, I am new to this 802.11n thing, I hope you can give me a hint.

I have a linksys wrt610n (with dual interface 2.4g and 5g at the same time) running ddrwt. My macbook pro can connect to the 5g interface and get 300m without problem. But my win7 nettop which comes with a AR928x card (with a short antenna sticking out from the back) can only connect at 130m using the stock driver (it can't see the 5GHz interface). After install the mod driver, I can only get 65m with the default setting (Wireless Mode: 11n(2.4GHz) and g and :). I can't get the card to start woring when it is set to 11n(5GHz) and a.

I took a picture of the wireless module on the motherboard.

wificard.jpg

can you tell me is it the problem of my wifi card or is it the missing of antenna no.2 that is causing the problem? thanks.

Elton

Guest pennmp

I was having a problem with connecting my iphone to and ad hoc. I kept saying waiting for users to connect after installing the modded driver its works perfectly now.

to install using windows 7 i went to network and sharing center> change adapter setting (on the left in network and sharing)> double clicked wireless network connection> click on properties> configure> driver tab update driver> browse my computer for driver software> let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer> then click have disk and used the driver i downloaded and unzipped.

Thanks for the driver

Helpme: as far as I know the ar5b91 is the single band version of the AR928x, it will never work in 5ghz.

Helpme: as far as I know the ar5b91 is the single band version of the AR928x, it will never work in 5ghz.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if teh ar5b91 top speed is 150MB or 300MB?

Guest Contrell

Hi,

I really need a modded version of 7.7.0.406 for XP. My TP-Link TL-WN951N (Atheros-based) works quite funky with my router using other driver versions. Or would someone please be kind enough to tell me what type of changes I have to make to the INF file (I already have the genuine 7.7.406)?

Thanks in advance.

Below are the modded Atheros drivers to enable all known settings.

Please, can you mod driver v8.0.0.351? Seems a good driver for me.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DJ_URAN

"Is your 928x a 3x2 or 2x2 or 2x1 receive/send WLAN card ?..."

Can you tell me, How can I to know, what is receive/send characteristic my wifi card have???

When I can see this parameter?

Thank!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody.

How can I enable soft ap mode on atheros ar9285 on windows 7. I mean to use soft ap with different encryption types, not only wpa2. Is it possible with this modded driver?

• 2 weeks later...

Using both latest 9.x versions I receive a "No Driver Update Needed" and don't install at all.

Atheros AR928X

Hello Guys,

may I have your support on AR9285 and Win xp pro. I am using Dell Inspiron N5030 win7 x32 and everything works fine. But I decided to add windows xp pro. I have found drivers except Atheros Wireless Controller. Please advise on this one.

thank in advise

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nazgulled

Hi,

I just bought an ASUS UL30JT with an Atheros AR8285 and I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. I tried to install your modded drivers but there's a few problems... The network is working, I'm posting this connected using the modded drivers. But the wireless LED doesn't blink or light up at all. Also, the Fn+F2 shortcut (to turn wireless on/off) doesn't work also.

Any idea why?

P.S: I found this page (http://www.station-drivers.com/page/atheros.htm) which seems to host a newer version of the drivers, maybe you could release a new version soon based on these?

Regards.

Guest Nazgulled

Nevermind, it seems a reboot solved the problem :)

However, I have been having another problem with this Atheros card that I'm not sure this drivers will fix it...

The thing is, everything works fine in my home, no problems what so ever. In my university though (using eduroam if you know about it) the story is different. The problem is that I can connect to the eduroam network, but every once in a while, the little red 'X' icon will appear in the systray and say something like "this network settings do not match those of the network". The connection still works though and after a while the icon will get back to signal power bars, but a few minutes later it will switch back to the red 'X' icon. This process repeats over and over...

I've been exchanging e-mails with the guys behind the network in my University and they told me that what the network supports is WPA-Entreprise with TKIP and that red 'X' icon problem is because the network card (they say this problem is very common with Atheros cards) is inferring (wrongly of course) WPA2-Enterprise with AES. Do your modded drivers fix this problem (I haven't had the chance to test them yet)a? Is it possible to do something about it or it's beyond the modding possiblities? Maybe any settings (since everything is unhidden now with your modded drivers) can workaround the issue I'm having?

Please advise...

Guest centennial

Thanks for the modded drivers!

DPC Latency Checker doesn't show a 4000 spike at a regular interval anymore, but the signal strength from my router is about the same, 30-35%. To explain the distance and strength, I'm about 10 feet away from the router seperated by a wall. My roomie is one floor above, probably 30 feet away with a different network card in his laptop, with about 62% signal strength.

My laptop, HP G62-154CA, is equipped with an AR9285 card, anyway I can theoretically up the signal strength by editing some of the options? I'm not really tech savvy, but any explain would do! I just have to log into the router and check the signal strength from there anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...