LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros modded Driver for Windows 7, Vista and WinXP

mobilenvidia

Guest FILEURAVENUE

Hey thanks for your work =)

But with your driver modded or with offical driver for windows 7 you can change mac adress i agree but it doesn't work,

i have try all utilities who can allow to change adress mac and no one works too so i have found a solution if u want change your mac adress you must install XP driver and now its works i can change my mac adress but get disconnection of my net (:

So want to know if u are able to find a way to allow a real changing mac address in the windows 7 modded driver v8 !!

i use atheros 928x.

sorry for my english hope u have understand me :)

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• furtherforever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sadly that makes no difference. The two options seem to be completely different. But yes I already disabled that function.

Thanks for trying..

Shame, I don't get an interruption after disabling background scanning but then I have a different card to you. I have a DWA 547.

Please!!.. =( Give me Drivers TEW-623PI v1.0R for Windows 7 x64

Edited by Silicone

• 3 weeks later...
Guest FezzFest

These drivers *should* be compatible with all Atheros chipsets, but they don't work with the Atheros AR5007UG.

And that's not weird at all, because the AR5007UG in fact uses a ZyDAS 1211b chip.

With most people, the 2.0.0.127 driver for that card works good. For me it doesn't.

At the times of the Windows 7 Beta, there was a recent Atheros driver in the 8.x.x.x-series for the card, but they removed it after a while, because it didn't work for everyone.

The only sad thing is, that driver was the only one that worked perfectly fine for me...

Atheros USB devices are not compatable with these drivers.

USB WLAN needs their own drivers which rately get updated, USB thread where I uploaded a newer driver

Hi ,

I have problem with my XPS 1515 wireless adapeter, the connection drops frequently and also drop in singnal strength. And have Belkin N150 router and Vista 32 bit OS.

and tried almost all the drivers ( listed in this page) , with some drivers i am able to connect for some time and if I restart again getting connection problem.... Could you please me?

Guest aleksey24

Hello Smeg Head.

I have notebook SONY FW11ZRU with atheros AR928X.

I installed Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 and my WI-FI is not working now.

I had installed different version drivers from http://www.atheros.cz/ and also yours modify drivers but nothing work.

The latest drivers atheros_v7.7.0.384_v1.28 and atheros_v8.0.0.225_v1.29 don't install because of error...

P.S.

Some drivers after install switch wi-fi on but I can't find any networks...

I think that could be some problem with settings.

Can you help me?

Guest supandi

Hi there,

I have an Atheros AR5BDT92 that came listed as a 'Dell 1525 WLAN PCIe card' with my dell 537s inspiron desktop.

It came preinstalled with windows 7 and the appropriate driver.

But I expected, I was soon upgrading to Win XP.

Problem now is I dont have an XP driver.

Googling hasnt helped.

I found this thread and if I understand correctly, the modded inf's here get dell 1515's to work with win xp ?

Will it work for my card too, then ?

A cursory attempt failed, hence I ask before I break my head over it.

Cheers!

I'm having a major problem with my laptops Atheros AR9285.

I'll be using it, and it just disconnects, looses internet and LAN connectivity. Nothing.. Sends but does not receive. If I turn it off with the wifi button and turn it back on, it usually comes back for like 6 seconds and dies out again.

I tried your hacked driver, and now the wifi light blinks (i think that's cool), to data transfer, but every once in a while, it STILL looses connectivity. Tried different routers, different encryption, different channels, just the same bull..

What's going on? It's driving me crazy! Compaq replaced the card and STILL does it.. Even reinstalled windows.. Still did it. In linux it's even worse, never has network connectivity longer than 9 seconds.

PS: Wifi signal is ALWAYS strong..

Edited by mmd8x28

Guest Atheros..

I've got the same problem!

Ar9285, still disconnects from the network!

I think this card has an issue, but I'm using HP, so I must use AR9285 or Intel Link 5100. I think I'll buy new one (Intel) and replace this on my own.

I've got the same problem!

Ar9285, still disconnects from the network!

I think this card has an issue, but I'm using HP, so I must use AR9285 or Intel Link 5100. I think I'll buy new one (Intel) and replace this on my own.

I'm using a Compaq, which is an HP..

So easy to replace I think I may end up doing that too.

I really hope for a fix for ar9285's soon. This driver pack is my only hope. It seems to work great on first boot, but any sleeping or hibernation breaks good connectivity..

Still better than the regular atheros driver which doesn't work good even on first boot.

Thanks a lot for the mods! I was very surprised to find them, especially on an nvidia forum.

I had dpc latency problems (testing with the dpclat.exe program) with the atheros 928x driver in my asus 1002 netbook, solved now by disabling the background roaming. Stability also appears to be improved (connecting to a netgear wdr3700 router)

There still is a slight problem with the battery check by the acpi system (small latency peak every 15 sec's), but it does not seem to harm (audio) playback, my main concern.

Pete10

Going to see v8.0.0.259 | v8.0.0.239 | v8.0.0.238 modded drivers any time soon?

I'll see if I can get some time this week to mod them.

And yes we mod all sorts of stuff here, not just NVIDIA :)

Added 8.0.0.279 and 7.7.0.449

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Hans D.

Thanks a lot!

You might consider to inform all hardware vendors of (usb)audio hardware because of the DPC latency problem in audio caused by the backgroundscan. Now I turned it off and all, nearly all problems are solved. One left. The battery ACPI driver. This causes also DPC latency every 15 seconds. Is there a way to disable that scan? (Now I turned the driver off).

Thumbs up!!!!

Guest Tmansdc

(i've registered just waiting for the e-mail.)

Hello i'm kind of new to wi-fi and wireless routers and such. I know how to hook them up, what the differences are between a/b/g/n/etc. and such.

But most of these new options just baffle me. Can someone please explain what these do in both technical and laymen/simple terms?

Which ones would help with signals that are about 200 feet or so away? Willing to try anything before having to buy a network booster antenna (before you ask, no, I cannot move my third floor router or my first floor desktop or third floor desktop.

Thanks very much!