LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros modded Driver for Windows 7, Vista and WinXP

mobilenvidia

Update on WOWLAN with the AR9280 chipset: I was told by Atheros that none of their customers (i.e. OEM WLAN card manufacturers) support WOWLAN. The WAKE pin on the chip is not wired to anything >.< This is why there are no WOWLAN options in the INF; they are turned off until someone actually wires up the hardware to enable the feature. In short: the chip supports it, but the rest of the WLAN board does not :)

Thats a bit naff really.

Other WLAN Manufacturers have it enabled

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• furtherforever

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest stevedogg

Thats a bit naff really.

Other WLAN Manufacturers have it enabled

Maybe it has something to do with the form factor of half-length mini PCI-e cards. I noticed that the Broadcom chips that support WOWLAN are not offered on any mini-pcie WLAN cards yet.

Guest polygaryd

Guys help me out here. I have a gateway m275 tablet pc with windows xp sp3 tablet edition. I installed an atheros ar9220/ar9223 card last night and i have tried the drivers supplied off the website given by the seller who sells a ton of these cards on ebay. new versions/ old versions dont work and neither do your modded drivers. the susb sys id of my card isnt even in the inf file. i can add it but it still gives me the error the car doesnt start. how are all you people getting these cards to work??? i downloaded my ar5008x chipset driver from here and it worked but was a pita, the stock ones even from microsoft in xp, vista and win 7 made the pc freeze. Why do these cards not work correctly in windows based systems for me??? any help would be greatly appreciated i am pulling my hair out with these stupid atheros cards

btw my hardware id is ven_168c&dev_0029&subsys_0091106b&rev_01

Guest mikel

there is a brand new 9.0.0.167 drivers, do you expect to release this version modded soon or not ?

Below are the modded Atheros drivers to enable all known settings.

Guest polygaryd

anything?? guys how does this card all work for you and it wont start for me?? i downloaded the stock drivers the modded drivers nothing! whats the deal?? help would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pete10

anything?? guys how does this card all work for you and it wont start for me?? i downloaded the stock drivers the modded drivers nothing! whats the deal?? help would be appreciated

Guest Pete10

Hi,

I installed the 9 version modded driver on Asus Netbook 1002 (928x), since I want to switch of the background scan. The connection is 150Mb in stead of the 300Mb I had with the standard Win7 driver. Is this normal? Router is Netgear WNDR3700.

Thanks!

Hi,

I installed the 9 version modded driver on Asus Netbook 1002 (928x), since I want to switch of the background scan. The connection is 150Mb in stead of the 300Mb I had with the standard Win7 driver. Is this normal? Router is Netgear WNDR3700.

Thanks!

Is your 928x a 3x2 or 2x2 or 2x1 receive/send WLAN card ?

If it's a 2x1 like the 9285 then you will only really get 150Mbps.

• 3 weeks later...

Added v9.1.0.100

Guest Hank

I've installed v9.1.0.100 with modded INF v1.30 on Vista 32 on my Dell Inspiron 9400 with a SparkLAN WPEA-124N NIC. Slightly modded the INF myself for it to 'recognize' my NIC as a SparkLAN WPEA-124N. Did that with modded INF v1.29 already. Again, works like a charm :). If issues arise, I'll let you know. Maybe premature, but it seems the overall temperature of the laptop is better under control...

Below the changes I did to modded INF's v1.29 and v1.30:

[Atheros.NTX86.6.1]

; Line deleted

; %ATHER.DeviceDesc.0023% = ATHER_DEV_OS61_0023.ndi, PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0024 ; to prevent AR5008X devices being recognized as AR5008

; Lines added

%ATHER.DeviceDesc.0024% = ATHER_DEV_OS61_0023.ndi, PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0024 ; to properly recognize AR5008X devices

%ATHER.DeviceDesc.3072% = ATHER_DEV_OS61_0023.ndi, PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0024&SUBSYS_3072168C ; to properly recognize 'my' SparkLAN

[Atheros.NTX86.6.0]

; Line deleted

; %ATHER.DeviceDesc.0023% = ATHER_DEV_OS61_0023.ndi, PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0024 ; to prevent AR5008X devices being recognized as AR5008

; Lines added

%ATHER.DeviceDesc.0024% = ATHER_DEV_OS61_0023.ndi, PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0024 ; to properly recognize AR5008X devices

%ATHER.DeviceDesc.3072% = ATHER_DEV_OS61_0023.ndi, PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0024&SUBSYS_3072168C ; to properly recognize 'my' SparkLAN

[strings]

; Line added

ATHER.DeviceDesc.3072 = "SparkLAN WPEA-124N 802.11n Mini PCIe Dualband WLAN Adapter" ; speaks for itself

• 2 weeks later...

hi...

I cant install any version with my TP-Link TL-WN821N 300Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter, 802.11 b/g/n... i get "this location does not contain information about your hardware"

according to this site http://www.microbarn.com/details.aspx?rid=102214 the Chipset is Atheros 5416 .... is it supported?

I REALLY need the modded drivers for XP and 7...

any help...

Thanks in advance...

Guest jonathan

WOW, this is what i've been looking for....for what seems like ages. Thank you OP, very nice work!

Comments: My card cannot see channel 14 (I have dd-wrt installed on my router). I believe my card is an Atheros 5006 or 5007, windows told me previously it's an Atheros 5007eg, your drivers tell me it's a 5006 series chip. Any reasons my card wouldn't be able to see & connect to channel 14 (12 & 13 are fine)?

Hi,

I have a Thinkpad X200 with SparkLAN WLAN WFP-110N (Atheros 9280

Chip). How can I update the driver? I have Windows 7-64

bit. If I'm going to upgrade to get the message: Driver date.

If I uninstall the current driver on reboot again

the Windows drivers installed. What should I do next.

stefan69

hello

Just registered to let know that the links to the drivers on the first post are down.

Please update them

Also i've managed to download the driver version 8.0.279 from another site. However the wireless switch from my HP Compaq CQ61, doesn't stop blinking, which is really annoying.

Is there any way to disable the led blinking in the wireless switch?

Edited by racoq

The links are not down, your firewall is probably to blame here.

The blinking is not easily fixed.

The links are not down, your firewall is probably to blame here.

The blinking is not easily fixed.

Sorry but they are down, you probably didn't test it! I even disabled windows firewall (i'm no noob). I get a 404 (which means they are down). When i click on one of your links i get redirected to this page => http://laptopvideo2go.com/404 . That ain't a firewall issue, and the same thing happens either on my home or my work

Here is the screenshot to prove:

atheroslinks404.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by racoq

Looks like the same problem I had in this thread. Look at my posts... #252 and especially #257!

With my Laptop I'm not able to download a driver, with my stand alone pc everything is fine!

A couple weeks before I was able to load drivers from here, now it's not possible! I changed nothing on my Samsung NC10 - from one to another day it stopped working! :)

Cheers

Alex

Sorry but they are down, you probably didn't test it! I even disabled windows firewall (i'm no noob). I get a 404 (which means they are down). When i click on one of your links i get redirected to this page => http://laptopvideo2go.com/404 . That ain't a firewall issue, and the same thing happens either on my home or my work

Here is the screenshot to prove:

atheroslinks404.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The links are working for me and no doubt most other 213,000 hits that this thread has gotten.

Possibly flush the browser cache.

I've tested this on Chrome V6 and IE 8, even getright works with the links.

It's not the website causing the issues.

The latest version 9 driver works great on my Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 with the AR9285 N card. I was having several issues using the latest driver from Dell's website but no issues at all with the new modded version.

Thank You

Edited by TaaDow

Guest synner

hi, need help with winxp x86 and with ar5006x, when trying to install any version of your drivers i get the following error:

the specified location does not contain information about your hardware

had to use official drivers but they're restricted to us 11 channels ((

hi mobilenvidia...im a quite a novice in this sort of things....im wondering if you could help me out?or anyone that is kind has knowledge in it?

i just bought a wireless n router (netgear wndr3700) and i intend to use it on my acer aspire 4740g which the specs claim to have support for 802.11b/g/n

i check the type of wireless network adapter this laptop has..and it is using atheros AR5B93...so i updated to one of your latest drivers but still its connected at 54mbs and not 300mbs of n router...is there any settings that i missed out cause when i set the wireless mode to 11na(40mhz) it doesnt works except only on modes that contain b

below is an attached print screen of my friend's laptop that connect to my netgear router at 300mbs , which proves that my router is working well for wireless n signal...post-44161-057480300 1278349650_thumb.pn except my laptop is connected at 54mbs

thank you for you help...really appreciate u experts out there!!

Hello. Just wanted to say thank you to whoever is behind this fix!! Just bought a used XPS Studio 1340 and after about an hour of use noticed the wireless was dropping in and out (for upto minutes at a time) despite being feet from the router was getting very little signal strength!!!

Im know very little about computers but for those interested im using windows vista 32bit. The original driver was 7.6.0.169 so I tried downloading the latest version on Dell's website (7.7.0.331) and although it updated would not find any wireless signals at all! After much searching came accross this site and downloaded the version 9 driver. So far so good. I am 2 hours in and yet to drop signal and it seems like web pages are loading ALOT faster. Thank you.