LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT (Covert)

Covert

thanks :happy: I'd recommended reading the first page again :) I study many things

Hehe I did take a look at it ... will be trying on my own then ... Keep up the good work mate.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Covert

• coolcop06

• Mushu

• wulfe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

180.60 and .70 please!

thanks, and keep up the great work! :)

Oh dear lord, I just benched 180.7 and the performance is so amazing in games! Crysis on VERY HIGH is actually somewhat playable. Excluding DOX's drivers, they have the highest scores so far by a long shot!

I wish you requested earlier! I just uploaded my latest results with 180.47 and 180.7 (I got them directly from xfastest so I could bench them before Pietre could upload them) so I finished up before 180.6 was found. I'll bench them in my next upload > :)

Oh dear lord, I just benched 180.7 and the performance is so amazing in games! Crysis on VERY HIGH is actually somewhat playable. Excluding DOX's drivers, they have the highest scores so far by a long shot!

I wish you requested earlier! I just uploaded my latest results with 180.47 and 180.7 (I got them directly from xfastest so I could bench them before Pietre could upload them) so I finished up before 180.6 was found. I'll bench them in my next upload > :)

woo woo! hahaha thanks dude really appreciate your hard work, and this makes me excited :)

COVERT

what is the fastest and overclockable betwen Dox 180.40 and 180.7 ? and where the links to downoad thats

and now 180.82 is out... im so sorry for all the requests haha... there all coming out at once!!!!

haha

Where did all the XP32 Bit Scores go? I need a high performance cool driver (for XP).

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by l2ain

Where did all the XP32 Bit Scores go? I need a high performance cool driver (for XP).

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Read the archive section over more carefully, it's all there. The results of my benchmarks can be applied universally to all supported Windows computers. E.g. if my benchmarks say that 180.7 are the best, then they will be the best on Windows XP. WINDOWS VISTA 64 CAN PLAY ALL 32 BIT GAMES THE SAME AS A 32-BIT MACHINE, it just removes supports for 16-bit programs and adds support for 64-bit programs. I made sure that all the benchmarks I did were on 32-bit programs ensure my results were relative to other editions of Windows.

and now 180.82 is out... im so sorry for all the requests haha... there all coming out at once!!!!

haha

Actually, 177.82 is out... and they are for linux, good try though :)

COVERT

what is the fastest and overclockable betwen Dox 180.40 and 180.7 ? and where the links to downoad thats

Try out them both and see which ones work faster, the download links can be found by going to:

http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com/

or, ummm, possibly www.laptopvideo2go.com?

I thank you for all of your support guys, but please stop asking me directly unless you are sure only I will have the answer, you have to give other members a chance to help you too!

178.08 is a very good driver too.. i recommend to everyone test and compare.

Is it me, or do the fonts look bigger in the charts? :)

Edited by Shaythong

I've already installed 180.70 in my 8600MGT, win xp 32

but there are some problems :

1. Like dox 140.xx, sometimes i can't resume from stand by mode, and must power off manualy

2. My Turbocache is turned off, i can't turn it ON again with Riva tuner disable to sysmem, is there anyway to enable this

3. Temperatur get high easily, after played a game about 1 hour, temp reach 102 degree celcius (it's normal)

Please some one help me, what driver that suitable for me

I've already installed 180.70 in my 8600MGT, win xp 32

but there are some problems :

1. Like dox 140.xx, sometimes i can't resume from stand by mode, and must power off manualy

2. My Turbocache is turned off, i can't turn it ON again with Riva tuner disable to sysmem, is there anyway to enable this

3. Temperatur get high easily, after played a game about 1 hour, temp reach 102 degree celcius (it's normal)

Please some one help me, what driver that suitable for me

uhm, well no... 102c isnt normal... well it might be "normal" per say on your system but it doesnt mean its right... you probably have a faulty card. you should call your laptop manufacturer and let them know of your temos, and you should get a mobo replacement.

my rule of thumb with my experience on 3 mobo's on this laptop and many different graphics cards over the years... you shouldnt be going over 90c.

and i dunno why you cant resume from standby with DOX 180.44, it works for me...

Edited by coolcop06

Hi all !

I OC using 180.70 and rivatuner 2.20.

stock:475/702/950

Oc : 525/850/1050

3dmark result: 8119

here is the post with the pic for proof : http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....amp;#entry97171

uhm, well no... 102c isnt normal... well it might be "normal" per say on your system but it doesnt mean its right... you probably have a faulty card. you should call your laptop manufacturer and let them know of your temos, and you should get a mobo replacement.

my rule of thumb with my experience on 3 mobo's on this laptop and many different graphics cards over the years... you shouldnt be going over 90c.

and i dunno why you cant resume from standby with DOX 180.44, it works for me...

i's that temp. problem came from the driver it self, that's not compatible or suitable for my card, 8600MGT with 180.70

or maybe i must roll back to older drivers?

i's that temp. problem came from the driver it self, that's not compatible or suitable for my card, 8600MGT with 180.70

or maybe i must roll back to older drivers?

if your asking if the temp problem came from the driver, most likely no it did not. sure you can try different drivers, but it prob wont solve your problem. at most itll change your temp 1-3c...

if your asking if the temp problem came from the driver, most likely no it did not. sure you can try different drivers, but it prob wont solve your problem. at most itll change your temp 1-3c...

so, what must i do to solve that, must i to downclock my card to reduce heat while playing heavy 3D games? what must i downclocked, core, shader or memory?

BTW what maximum temp. that my card can hold? is that 110 degree safe? or maybe is there are any software or aplication that can monitoring my CPU temp. and especialy my GPU temp. while palying games, so i can monitor it everytime,

Dox's 180.70 tested in 1080x1240 resolution with no overclock.

3DMark06: 4349

SM2 + HDR: 3368

thats a nice score :)

His card is DDR3 compared to my DDR2 and his processor is 0.2GHz faster than mine, so his scores are obviously going to be higher.

And you haven't posted a Dox 180.70 test yet. :) :)

Whats the best driver for my MSI with geforce 8600 ddr2?

DEV407 01211025

Drivers with WQHL are much better than the ones that dont have?

@Morphx: I have the same computer, but running Windows XP 32bit, SP3. Right now I am using Dox's Custom 180.44, I think it gives me the best performance for "Team Fortress 2".

Edited by Turgon

Hi All.

Could you please suggest me a good stable driver for Dell XPS M1530 Laptop (Vista 32 Bit).

Thanks in advance

Cheer....

Hi Covert,

There is one more thing i would like to ask from you. I am having a Dell XPS M1530 laptop and i wanted to update the driver for my laptop. But each time i download the drivers from this website (LaptopVideo2GO) the performance of my laptop goes from worst to horrible and i have to rollback to the original driver which dell updated on its website. Could you advice me regarding this. Is there anything wrong i am doing..........

I have run the benchmark on my laptop with the updated driver from dell.com and i got a score of 4094.

These are the below drivers which i tried for my laptop and the results are horrible.

Please help me.............

Many thanks in advance