LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT (Covert)

Covert

Hi guys!! I'm a new member (i don't know much about drivers and overclocking.. ) and i didn't do nothing on my inspiron 1720 till today...

I've just installed 178.08 on my nVidia 8600m gt..Is it the best driver for this one???

Thnks...

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Covert

• coolcop06

• Mushu

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys!! I'm a new member (i don't know much about drivers and overclocking.. ) and i didn't do nothing on my inspiron 1720 till today...

I've just installed 178.08 on my nVidia 8600m gt..Is it the best driver for this one???

Thnks...

178.26 has the best real world performance from my experience so far.

Major update to my benchmarks coming soon!

there, did all the drivers asked for, and I added an SM2 + HDR score column which includes all scores except the CPU score. The CPU score varies drastically and is unnaffacted by graphics driver and has more to do with how your computer operates with software so go by this column for judging the best 3DMark06 performance.

Real world game playing plays 'smoother' with less stuttering that other drivers using the latest ones though, there is significantly less horizontal tearing in CSS with 178.26 than there was previously.

Edited by Covert

intresting results with Dox's drivers...i'll give those ones a run...

thanks for all your hardwork covert :)

Can you test Dox's XP drivers plz?

Please read the first post of this thread.

Thanks Covert!!!

But i have windows vista..

So i have another question: do you think i have to install the good old XP???

tHANKS

Thanks Covert!!!

But i have windows vista..

So i have another question: do you think i have to install the good old XP???

tHANKS

Glad to help, I have windows vista too? and no you shouldn't have to install XP, I don't see what your problem is and why you're asking. But as for drivers I would recommended the latest ones 178.26 because I think the 179.13 are just clones of the 178.13. The latest sets of drivers are all around the same in 3DMark06 give or take a bit, so it's best to have the latest driver as it usually has the most bug fixes, compatibility, or stability.

Guest marctronixx

i have a xps m1530 nnvidia 8600m gt. i want the best driver mainly for video as i want to start DJ ing with this laptop and will be mixing videos so i would like the best driver thats proven for video use. i dont do any games. i am uneducated on the charts on this thread so im not sure what to lok for in my particular interest. would appreciate any help.

try out the latest drivers, as mentioned, they give the best performance and stability from the card...

besides, if its good for gaming, its sure to be great on videos too

Edited by wulfe

try out the latest drivers, as mentioned, they give the best performance and stability from the card...

besides, if its good for gaming, its sure to be great on videos too

Well for the best performance you should clearly use DOX's custom drivers. DJing isn't that demanding from my experience though (Using virtual DJ) so I think any recent drivers should suffice.

Sorry Covert but 178.26 is for windows xp 64 bit and for nVidia quadro cards... http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=21224

Does it fit also for Vista???

Thnxs again

Edited by mango84

Oh....Thnaks !!!

But for compatibilty??

In that topic there isn't 8600m gt...

Use the driver with the modified Inf.

New My Rekord 3D Mark06: 7088 ptk

Driver via laptopvideo2go 179.13 XP

Clock: 696/1610/903

DELL XPS 1530 8600GT

1610 shares? wtf ?!

With rivatuner 1450 is the max shares allow ._. be careful...

180.20 please!

heard good things about this driver... i hope so!

thanks! :)

New My Rekord 3D Mark06: 7088 ptk

Driver via laptopvideo2go 179.13 XP

Clock: 696/1610/903

DELL XPS 1530 8600GT

wow! nice oc there. i cant get over this, otherwise i get artifacts if i up the core/shader and i get crashes over about 30 mins of play if i go over this memory when playing bf2... (685/1030/1370)

180.20 please!

heard good things about this driver... i hope so!

thanks! :)

wow! nice oc there. i cant get over this, otherwise i get artifacts if i up the core/shader and i get crashes over about 30 mins of play if i go over this memory when playing bf2... (685/1030/1370)

Benched! and I await 180.42 also. I did the stupidest thing ever yesterday, I was messing around with my laptop's hard drive partitions and merged 2 partitions together to reclaim back the space that my old windows vista partition was using and then paragon partition manager FROZE and upon restarting I had lost ALL of my data. The chart you see right now I had to retype in all the benchmark scores I had done and do all the chart formatting again, along with loads of my other work documents which I luckily had most backed up. Life goes on :)

Edited by Covert

Guest Evil Corn

what is the better driver? i'm having a hard time differentiating if 179.13 or DOx's 178.24 is much better.

my vid card is 8600m GS

base on the charts, Dox's 178.24 is better than the 179.13. but base on the users, 179.13 is better

i use F.E.A.R PM for my bench mark

Dox 178.24 is 0%, 4%, 96% :)

179.13 is 0%, 8%, 92% :)

1st # - under 25 fps

2nd # - 25-40 fps

3rd # - above 40 fps

what is the better driver? i'm having a hard time differentiating if 179.13 or DOx's 178.24 is much better.

my vid card is 8600m GS

base on the charts, Dox's 178.24 is better than the 179.13. but base on the users, 179.13 is better

i use F.E.A.R PM for my bench mark

Dox 178.24 is 0%, 4%, 96% :P

179.13 is 0%, 8%, 92% :)

1st # - under 25 fps

2nd # - 25-40 fps

3rd # - above 40 fps

178.24 has 1 extra point in the SM2 + HDR column so go with that :)

Also I'd try 180.42, it's the better than all the 178 and 179 series drivers excluding DOX's ones, and games, once again, run smoother.

ok thnx

i'll try the new driver

so the new 180.42 is even better than dox's?

Not in the 3DMark tests, play some games with both drivers to see which ones seem the smoothest though.

Hi covert and guys!! I'm trying to learn something about all theese drivers...

I have a question :what are the convenices and the incovenieces between 180.42 and 178.24 DOX's??

Guest MDMower

Covert

Just want to say thank you for your work in keeping this thread up to date. I stop by here weekly to see the status of new drivers (I'm also running 8600M GT). Also, well done in keeping your cool around some seriously stupid/lazy/repetitive questions... I'd of lost it some time ago.

Much appreciated,

Matt

^^^^^

What he said about keeping this up-to-date! Thank you Covert, I like to have someone to compare to.