LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9600M GT Overclocking :O

eXceed

I don't know where to find the first bios release. I currently have the newest one but All the sliders reset when I use Riva. Nibitor seems to be useless for me as it won't read my bios and Ntune BSOD's my comp.

If you can access the Chipset battery (it is usually located under a service panel normally near the RAM) pull it out and pull the regular battery out and hold the power button for around 30 seconds... usually this resets the BIOS (BUT BE WARNED ON SOME SYSTEMS IT TOTALLY ERASES IT!!!!) LOOK UP HOW TO RESET YOUR SYSTEM BIOS BEFORE DOING THIS!!!!!

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leshcat

• DextoR

• hasham

• Laptop2Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So using the same method I oc'd it. . .I'm playing with different things right now but I turned it up to 640/1280/570 and my 3dmark score went WAY down. Any ideas?

BUT BE WARNED ON SOME SYSTEMS IT TOTALLY ERASES IT!!!!)

This is something new :) Man ,these times long time gone :)

KratosxX12

Maybe it reversed to 400/800/400 again.

Edited by leshcat

But why would it go lower than it started at? GPU-z, and riva both show the same settings, So I would assume they stuck. Maybe not?

Just as an example, at standard clocks i got around 4400 3dmark score, after OC i Got 3300. . .

Edited by KratosxX12

But why would it go lower than it started at? GPU-z, and riva both show the same settings, So I would assume they stuck. Maybe not?

Just as an example, at standard clocks i got around 4400 3dmark score, after OC i Got 3300. . .

Thats kinda odd,send us screenshots of riva monitor and GPU-z after overclocking.

This is something new :) Man ,these times long time gone :)

Yeah i've never actually had it happen but i've heard stories of friends doing it so I wasnt about to put that out there without making sure people know AND wouldnt come after me ahaha

Btw I just noticed most of you have the WXGA Screen. Mine hasn't arrived yet but i'm just wondering is it really nice? and for you guys that have infinity I heard that even with infinity theres a small space between the screen and the border right on the edge is that true? (Sorry I know off topic)

Also does anybody else have/had a dv6000 here? How would the screen compare to the dv5t? I have a dv6500z and i want to know if the dv5t screen is better (brighter more vibrant colors/deeper colors etc) than the dv6000

Where do you guys begin to lose performance? (Since clocking to high can actually stress the card and cause a loss of performance even if it doesnt crash)

Edited by Cammeron Johnson

i have just tested Gears of War.. amazing!! got nearly 15+FPS than with stock frequences :)

Chk this out, my WEI score is HIGH!!!

post-24649-1228853330_thumb.jpg

Edited by hasham

As far as stable clocks r concerned, my stable clocks are 660.1600.570, I have tried it with Pro Evo 09, Red Alert 3 and 3DMARK06, no glitches, no BSOD and temp max goes to 78-80C in a room with temp around 26C and whn room temp is down, max temp goes to 70-72C, also I am using Zalman NC2000 cooler. Max 3DMARK06 points I got was 5855.

I know generally its considered unsafe to overclock the cpu in a laptop but hey its unsafe to overclock the GPU too SO anyone tried overclocking there cpu? and has anyone been able to get the P7350 2.O To the P8400 2.26?

or the P8400 2.26 to the P8600 2.4... or the P8600 2.4 to the 2.53 value of the T9400 (heres my list)

P7350 2.0Ghz to P8400 2.26Ghz

P8400 2.26Ghz to P8600 2.4Ghz

P8600 2.4Ghz to T9400 2.53Ghz

After that has anyone benchmarked them?

Btw before someone mentions it I know the Clock speed isnt all that matters and that the T9400 has a 6mb cache while the others are 3mb.

(Btw you can use Ntune to overclock the CPU but it restores after every restart)

Ntune Download ---> http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html

since we are talking about nTune.. is this software finally working with the first BIOS release? (F.05)

i haven't tried.. anybody did?

since we are talking about nTune.. is this software finally working with the first BIOS release? (F.05)

i haven't tried.. anybody did?

what for to try? :) It seems to work fine anyway :)

as Cammeron was saying, we could try too boost up the CPU.. at least to give it a try! :)

Man I wish mine was here I really want to dig in and start working on all of this! Someone please for the sake of my sanity go nuts and overclock that cpu! just a little i dont care if its .01 overclock! lol.. Seriously tho mine needs to get here I would feel more like I knew what I was talking about with everyone. aha

DextoR - does ntune not work with the F.05 BIOS? I didn't realise (one more reason why it needs to arrive) but yeah Why doesnt it work do we know?

All in all I still can't wait to get mine even if overclocking is hard to do on the cpu. Even if I dont overclock it I believe this is going to be a quick responsive powerful beautiful machine and i'm looking forward to it.

Kratos/Guest - Someone over at another forum ( http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread...025&page=14 ) has overclocked there HDX16 9600M GT. I put a post in asking how they did it. I will tell you if they respond :)

Hey Kratos great news! page 17 look for "anothergeek" (username) he has already posted on this forum how to overclock your laptop

"Well I never changed the BIOS. Nvidia control panel says I have 62.94.2D.00.07

To overclock, I use rivatuner's force mode. I actually have already posted in that topic on page 17 how I OC'd, with pictures pointing what to do" - anothergeek

Hey Kratos great news! page 17 look for "anothergeek" (username) he has already posted on this forum how to overclock your laptop

"Well I never changed the BIOS. Nvidia control panel says I have 62.94.2D.00.07

To overclock, I use rivatuner's force mode. I actually have already posted in that topic on page 17 how I OC'd, with pictures pointing what to do" - anothergeek

was always saying - RTF topic completely :)

forgive me for my ignorance but RTF=Read the full?

Ahahah thanks :) but yeah I actually read this whole forum... but then i read the entire 450 pages from the official dv5t owners lounge too cant remember everything I guess lol

I've got a dv7t,with the information that i read here i can overclock my 9600m gt ddr2 although my results are diferent and strange!

i can´t go up 500 mhz on OC memory, i can reach only 660 mhz on Core and shaders 1340 mhz.

I've read that almost everyone can rise to 550 mhz on memory on dv5t, it´s not a question of temperature because the highest that i've got is 72ºC, but if a put 501mhz in memory i've got artifacts, and driver lost on 3dmark06.

My question is....this happends because my vbios is diferent that your's? because it´s a 17'' laptop and it eats more resources? because my bios is limiting my OC to 500 is memory?

Leshcat you said i could post my results even though its a dv5t post, so i am asking your opinion.

With 660 (core)-1350 (shader)-500(memory) i've got only 5340 3dmark06

but stable and with temp only reaching 72ºC

Searching for a answer comparing with your result....My drivers are 180.84 32 bits vista

I've got a dv7t,with the information that i read here i can overclock my 9600m gt ddr2 although my results are diferent and strange!

i can´t go up 500 mhz on OC memory, i can reach only 660 mhz on Core and shaders 1340 mhz.

I've read that almost everyone can rise to 550 mhz on memory on dv5t, it´s not a question of temperature because the highest that i've got is 72ºC, but if a put 501mhz in memory i've got artifacts, and driver lost on 3dmark06.

My question is....this happends because my vbios is diferent that your's? because it´s a 17'' laptop and it eats more resources? because my bios is limiting my OC to 500 is memory?

Leshcat you said i could post my results even though its a dv5t post, so i am asking your opinion.

With 660 (core)-1350 (shader)-500(memory) i've got only 5340 3dmark06

but stable and with temp only reaching 72ºC

Searching for a answer comparing with your result....My drivers are 180.84 32 bits vista

I was thinking another reason for the low overclocks on some peoples computers could be voltage to the GPU could it not?

(not that i myself would ever touch the voltage on anything especially to a laptop)

Probably just a different batch of hardware; I had in my earlier lappie memory that overclocked just 20-40 MHz when others could get 60- 120 MHz OC off the same hardware.

OFFTOP:

Jesus,what is happening to nVidia? first they releasing 180.84 beta_1, and it doesnt work properly,then they are releasing again 180.84,but now beta_2 which is fixing SLI problems,and couple hours before 180.84 beta_3 fixing GOD knows what...what the f*ck is going out there?Is it a new nvidia type of releasing drivers,alpha_2_2,beta_3_subbuild_1? :) Isn't it easier to name it 180.85? :) :P :P

Edited by leshcat