LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9600M GT Overclocking :O

eXceed

NightmareTR , what drivers are u using? 181.22 performace or quality?

Edited by boban984

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leshcat

• DextoR

• hasham

• Laptop2Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NightmareTR

Nice,going to F.13 :)

hasham

Its written in his profile - HP Dv5-1040et :) As for Temps - for me they are the same,maybe even a bit lower, i didnt check OC for more points,but my optimal settings still working fine.

Edited by leshcat

please somebody help me,

my problem is:

i have a nvidia 8600M gt and an intel t7400 (~2x2.2ghz) and 2gb ram ddr2 667mhz i try to play crysis 2 but after that i install that and go to launch it , on the screen appera a message that report: the file IntelLaptopGaming.dll is missed. but i have seen on the bin32 folder and the file is present.

i have try a lot of nvidia driver and reinstall game with different file, and appear the same error... with the others game i hven't any problems

Can someone upload this file please, this is very small, PLEASE :)

i have tryed fcx.exe but nothing

i have posted this messagge in a lot of thread but nobody has passed me the file.

I see that a lot of people play to crysis without any problem

thanks

First of all ur posting in the wrong thread and the wrong forum.

Try some Crysis fan sites.

Try to make a desktop shortcut of crysis.exe , or download a crack file called Paul.dll it solves the issue.

thank you ,

yes i have seen a lot of sites for this problem but nothing... i have a shortcut and change the paul dll but the same nothing.

Ihave post in this thread for the only reason that i read ,that in this forum are people that play crysis with notebook with intel cpu, and nvidia mobile v vard.

apologize me for the trouble

:)

thanks however

boban984

I am using balanced settings.

hasham

After oc,GPU temp. is around 89-94.I am using notebook cooler but it is in the dormintory now.I only put 2 rubber to heighten the laptop's backside :)

leshcat

I suggest you to install f.13 bios.I have a question to you.After I had installed Windows 7 , I tried to install Intel Matrix Storage driver but I couldn't.Have you ever had a problem like this?

Edited by NightmareTR

NightmareTR

Ive already installed it :) . Well,i never tried to Install Matrix Drivers,but for what do you need them? No doubt they just "dont know the system" yet. But noone forbids to make manuan installation of it,just ensure that its Vista Drivers.

leshcat

I have 1gb Intel turbo memory on my laptop.For this I need to setup :)

quic question, will it make a diff if I remain on the old BIOS and not update it to the new F.13A, does the new BIOS reduce temp or they r the same. And also is there much diff in the old and new BIOS. By the way I am using the oldest bios available for dv5t as tht was the only one which allowed OCing the 9600MGT

Guest BlueKnight

Hail,

i have an Acer 6930 whit 9600GT and DDR3.

I have read al thraed, and it seem that changing frequency in BIOS manually whit NiBiTor works.

I have read that there are HP Notebook Model that don't had Bios locked. Why no one have tried to change these unloked bios whit theyr locked bios?

I haven't understand if finally there is a method to overclock the GPU via software that work on all notebook.. Acer, HP, ASUS, etc..

BYE

Guest Saxation

It didn't work with me.... it keeps going back to the original clocks.. I don't know how NightmareTR did it, but I tried to overclock it several times it didn't work. i just installed the new driver from Nvidia's website version 179.48. I doubt that I can overclock it with the version NightmareTR has.

I hope someone else tests it and tells us the results.

hasham

You can stay on oldest bios (F.05 A),nothing big changed,the most important changeeffect is working lid buttons in Windows XP(+/- brightness,they put command inside BIOS) provided by i dont remember which release of BIOS. Didnt notice any + or - of F.13 A in comparison with oldest F.05 A.

Edited by leshcat

well seems tht I am going to remain on the oldest bios as I am using vista and everything is working f9.

Ok so I used Nvidia system tools to overclock my 9600m gt core : 700 memory : 600 shader : 1650

In the performance settings these numbers are shown, but when I open the system monitor that came with the system tools it says the speeds are severely lower

core : 275 Memory : 249 Shader : 550 now thats even lower than factory is supposed to be. Whats wrong? Is it the system monitor?

by the way I have an HP HDX 18t with a 512MB ddr2 9600m gt q9100 processor. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

its the powermizer kickin in.

Try to look your clock while running a 3D game.

Also don't forget to disable power saving features in vista.

Hi i've got some problems and maybe you can help.

I followed this i got all ok overclocked to 600/1500/500 (core,shader,memory) 53ªidle 70ª full

All was ok but after i restarted i got 400/800/400 and if try rise the values higher than default (500/1250/400) they go to 400/800/400 i'm checking this with gpu-z i have powermizer off so i don't understand i believe its related to rivatuner.

With no luck i upgraded my bios to f.13 (my default was f.11 and i went to f.05 to overclock)

With f.13 i've got same problem installed all from scratch but if i go higher than default values they are reset to 400/800/400 in sensor tab of gpu-z, graphics card tab show always default values as current (only worked with f.05 without restart)

Do you know how solve this?

my laptop is dv5-1170ep

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

New dv5 BIOS : F.14 A

Changes:

-Updates the Intel Memory Reference Code to version 2.5.

-Fixes some minor typographical errors that appear in the Setup Utility (F10)menu.

I make a oc with my 9600m gt ddr3 and temps idle ~52º and full ~87º are dangerous temps ?

cumps

Hi

I'm an owner of hp dv5-1060ew. It acts weirdly so I wanted to ask you about some things.

problem 1:

Its GPU (9600M GT DDR2) gets very hot under 3D load - it's max is 105*C, so this is a dangerous temperature. How hot are GPU's in your laptops? (I'm asking dv5-1060ew owners).

Bios F5 seems to have the maximum throttling temperature set at more than 105*C because the core frequency is not going down on this bios under heavy 3D load(for example Furmark or new Prince of Persia).

While using any older bios than F5 the GPU throttles down at 97*C - it should run at 500MHz all the time, not 400...

While playing World of Warcraft I see small freezing which is annoying me, I didn't see any freezing in Mirror's Edge, and old Unreal Tournament was unplayable - it was stuttering like hell (and it isn't driver issue, because I were trying different ones and stuttering was sometimes smaller, sometimes bigger but never disappeared :) ).

Another thing is that the CPU (P8400) increases its multiplier a bit - under load it is at 8,5 but it sometimes jumps to 9,0 for a half of second. It very concerns me, because this CPUs multiplier is blocked at 8,5 under load... What do you think of it? After 3h of CPU stress in Orthos there were no errors, but it's temperature was about 85*C... Is it damaged or something? Have you noticed something like that dv5-1060ew owners?

There is one another thing - I saw an article about this notebook on www.notebookcheck.pl and it says that the GPU in this particular notebook heated to a bit more that 100*C while playing Crysis ...

Its keyboard is creaking when I press right ALT...

Please aid me in this matter, especially dv5-1060ew owners (please write the temperatures of your GPU too! )

Thank you in advance,

Slawek

Edited by placek

Slawek

Slawek,Slawek,Slawek...do you know what means dv5-1060ew? dv5-model number, 1060 - configuration type, ew-country or region where it shipped. So i really doubt that you ll find second guy with exact nodel number. Most important here is dv5 part :)

So,anwsering your questions:

1.Indeed,your GPU is very hot ,but still,you didnt say in which condition it works(is it on the table\bed\toilet ,whats the temp of the room,any additional cooling). Try latest BIOS i posted one-two post ago,maybe heat will go down.Also i advice you to buy cooling pad,or at leat put something under its back side to give him more air to "breathe",as if BIOS wount help its too dangerous to overclock in future.

2. CPU seems to be ok,just dont touch it.

3.In my opinion Freeze can be connected with F*cked up Vista,just to big fragmentation,just reinstall it to have it nice and clean, or worse: hard disk failure.

4.GPU chip is indeed have this problem of overheat,but i doubt you can do something about it, as you are going to play,just thigs what i mentioned upper.

5.Cracking ALT - well,sh*t happens.

In any case,i advice you to change the notebook,something vierd is going on with him.

Oh I haven't thought that it would be that hard to find someone with the same laptop ^^

Ok, the room temperature is about 23 degrees. It works on a table - with cooling pad or sometimes when I go to university it has to work without cooling pad (but still on the table). I never use it on bed, etc. - always on table.

Even with cooling pad and the new bios(it didn't lower the temps at all...) the clocks go down while playing WOW or during Furmark stability test...

I am never going to overclock ;p I just want it to work as it was intended by the HP. :)

I don't think that Vista can be f***** up - I installed clean VistaHomePremium from original dvd using the key from under the laptop, and the problem persisted. Now I have a clean Vista from recovery discs, only with Firefox and stuff which I need in school. Nothing more - it can't be f***** up :)

Hard disk is in pristine condition - SMART is completly clean ...

I am going to send it to HP in order to repair it, and I will include a description of the problems. I hope that they'll do something about it ;/

Yeah,if everything is like you said, you d better change your notebook,firstly maybe its better idea to go to shop you bought it(ofcourse if its not to late for replacement).