• leshcat

• DextoR

• hasham

• Laptop2Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Senor_Gama

Hey all-

I want to make sure that I'm not missing a step and can get my 9600m gt DDR2 as 'high' as it goes.

I've got a DV7 2.26 intel with latest HP drivers supplied and Im only overclocking 605/1312/500 before it craps out on 3DMark06 w/ a score of 4413.

I thought this card stock was 500/1250/400? I should at least be getting the memory higher- right?

For example Leshcat posted he could get 625/1550/530. Am I missing something?

To overclock I just simply enable performance 3D level in rivatuner.

thanks!

It's trial and error. Every hardware combination handles individually, small differences come from different batches of used components.

DextoR<>hasham

Party would be nice! :) in which country? :)

Senor_Gama

According to your marks,i assumed,You are doing it wrong. Go back to manual's page and very Carefully read it. Its not just clicking riva-tuner overclocking.

First:you should find BIOS that gives you possibility to Overclock mem and core(your friends found it i suppose);

2-nd:you must apply some registry tweaks in riva-tuner;

3-rd,its important:you must put in "Overclocking tab">"Force constant performance level" ---> "performance 3D", then reboot(it ll ask).

4-th:try-try-try-try to get as highest overclock as possible in your particular case,always looking on Riva-Tuner's Monitor and running 3dmark06 after each encreasement of clocks.

(for example,i was encreasing 50 points each time every part(core/mem/sdr),if someone got failed,i decreased best result of core/mem/shr(depending with what i am working on)for 10 points).

Reply back when finish.

Edited by leshcat

Senor: as already been said it depends on the hardware and properties of each pc, but try to stay with 600 core, 500 memory and try to raise de shaders to 1500, with that configuration i can reach 5700 3dmarks06, and one thing that was bugging me was that i couldn't raise de memory over 500, and the core only reaches 600, but it depends on the hardware. Try to raise the shaders if you think you reach the limit on the core and memory.

A bit OFFTOP:

1.I suppose,lots of you folks,bought GTA4. Can you tell me on which settings are you playing and how does it lags? :)

2.Windows 7 Beta 1 released. I read article about lauching it on netbook of some sort,it was fast and furious, then they tried Vista...and you can guess the result. :) Anyone tried yet?

Edited by leshcat

nope, i don't wanna mess around with Windows7 betas.. will wait for final version! btw, i have not been able to play with GTAIV, i have texture problems :)

I play gta 4, on Texture Quality- high ; texture rendering=hightest, resolution = 1280*800 Distance detail=25 Detail level=50 trafic density=25 ...the average fps is 25 without overclocking with the 181.00 drivers although in texture quality i don't notice any diference between high and medium in speed

Hey all-

I want to make sure that I'm not missing a step and can get my 9600m gt DDR2 as 'high' as it goes.

I've got a DV7 2.26 intel with latest HP drivers supplied and Im only overclocking 605/1312/500 before it craps out on 3DMark06 w/ a score of 4413.

I thought this card stock was 500/1250/400? I should at least be getting the memory higher- right?

For example Leshcat posted he could get 625/1550/530. Am I missing something?

To overclock I just simply enable performance 3D level in rivatuner.

thanks!

Actually your card`s stock clocks depend on the manufacturer. He may downclock the card a little to make it work more stable. Use GPU-Z to check your default clocks.

www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

nope, i don't wanna mess around with Windows7 betas.. will wait for final version! btw, i have not been able to play with GTAIV, i have texture problems :)

Have you tried Dox`s 180.84? They are well optimised for GTA4, i use them now.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=22225

I play gta 4, on Texture Quality- high ; texture rendering=hightest, resolution = 1280*800 Distance detail=25 Detail level=50 trafic density=25 ...the average fps is 25 without overclocking with the 181.00 drivers although in texture quality i don't notice any diference between high and medium in speed

What about lags when its raining? Do you experience slowdowns in night?

DextoR

Just installed Windows 7. Here is what i can say- no problems with drivers,all fit perfectly.Everything seems to be stable,nice,fresh. All Programs i use were installed without problems,exept one:Daemon Tools. I tried Alcohol 120% - doesnt work as well,tried almost all utilities of this type - they dont install. Since all my games are images,for me its a huge problem.

Edited by leshcat

hmmm ic, well I am not going to risk installing Windows 7 at the moment, will probably wait till they come out with a full rls.

thanks,that did really work :)

So,2-nd day of using Windows 7. Everything is fine now,only good words about it. But most of the time i have to install programs and games with compatibility with Vista or XP. Not big deal. It works much faster than Vista,finally Network center was rebuilt,looks nice and shiny :) going to stay on it.

Good news everyone... NVIDIA is now providing Notebook drivers from its website that supports GeForce 8M and 9M series with few exceptions... Although they are still in Beta verision... but they said early 2009 they will provide WHQL certified versions...

Article: http://www.nvidia.com/object/io_1229602132882.html

Drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_drivers.html

The above 197.28 caused random blue screens. 181.00 drivers from laptopvideo2go drivers work great.

i'm able to hit 600/1500/500...

Edited by RottenMutt

Senor: as already been said it depends on the hardware and properties of each pc, but try to stay with 600 core, 500 memory and try to raise de shaders to 1500, with that configuration i can reach 5700 3dmarks06, and one thing that was bugging me was that i couldn't raise de memory over 500, and the core only reaches 600, but it depends on the hardware. Try to raise the shaders if you think you reach the limit on the core and memory.

that is my same limit. i tried increasing each individually, 625 core and i got video driver restarts, same with 1550 shader and 525 memory. dv7...

weird.. i can reach 650/1500/550 stably..

OT1: i suggest you to play GRID. it's the best racing game i've ever seen!

OT2: leshcat, can you tell me more about Windows SE7EN?

OT2: leshcat, can you tell me more about Windows SE7EN?

Well,what can i say? Its fast,nice,new start menu bar is quiet comfortable,all programs are working fine with no problem.

As far as i saw,only Gadgets are not working,the rest works fine. I am really enjoynig this system,i hope in future Microsoft will not spoil it :)

sevencopyup8.th.jpg

ADDON

Punkbuster wount work with Seven(will kick out from games as Call of Duty 4 or BF2),as new API stuff is used. Pity.

Edited by leshcat

Made a mistake sry. (Wrong thread)

Anyway Windows 7 seems to be really good. Let's hope the full realese will be as good or better than the beta's.

Edited by HaRDeStWaY

Hi guys! I have problem with overclocking my 9600m GT in my new Benq Joybook S42 (link is _http://benq.com/products/joybook/?product=1373&page=specifications). Because this book use Hybrid graphics X4500+9600m GT i can't overclock 9600 in Vista x32. NTune&RivaTuner show me wrong Frequency, and lock changing by default 500/1200. I can't open my vBIOS by NiBitor 4.7, it's can't response because it's mobile card. How can i overclock 9600 with Hybrid Graphics? I must install WinXP and overclock card there, and switch to Vista? Because in Vista all overclocking tolls are lcoked(

Because in Vista all overclocking tolls are lcoked(

I doubt its about Operating System. First of all,you should try to understand which kind of bios you have(hybrid i suppose) and is it locking Video Overclock.

In any case,i would be good to try "RivaTuner method",mentioned not so long time ago in this thread by me and many other people.

i dont think it is a limitation of the hybrid sli as my new system has it as well (tho with the 9800m gts) and i can OC just fine. i think it is probably a problem with the bios, or perhaps the drivers. the only drivers i have found that support my hybrid sli (other than the toshiba drivers it came with) are the new 185.20, these also support the physx with hybrid sli. oh, i use ntune to oc both gpu and cpu.

Guest Lord Destroyer

Hi Exile1975.

I've seen you've oc your cpu form 2.2GHz @ 2.5GHz. How did you did it? I've tried with setfsb, but I can't modify anything (even fsb, multiplier,...).

Thanks a lot.

Btw, I've also OC my 9600M GT and first worked hard (675core/975mem/1650shaders) but now, if I try to put that values again my system cannot pass the 2nd graphic test of 3dmark06 (the one where there are two lights flying in a deep forest, working shadows and brightness I guess).

Any help for it?

Also, I oc my 9600M GT with the flashing bios method, with nibitor and a pendrive to run system with ms-dos and to upgrade the .rom file.

Thanks and sorry for my english, i'm spanish.

Guest shrodes

Managed to OC mine to 600/1500/500, but 625/1500/525 blue screened me when I tried to re-run the Windows Performance thing :)

Also, is the shader clock capped at 1300 max, cause mine is set to 1500 currently, but EVGA is only showing it at 1300. And EVGA won't let me move the slider past 1280 (but RivaTuner did).