LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Andrew's Customized INF for Acer Aspire 5520-5912 (32 bit only)

Andrew55

UPDATED LAST: 18/02/09: New XP 32 INF based on 179.34 drivers. This is the recommended INF to use for XP.

For those that have the Acer Aspire 5520-5912 (and Aspire 4520, 7520) equipped with an Nvidia Geforce 7000m, here is my functioning inf release for you. I realize that this GPU is not exactly the fastest out there, however, I have still ventured into creating a special inf for it. Any comments, questions, problems or improvements are greatly appreciated.

This INF supports all OS and improvements may be noted, if you experience any, be sure to tell. Any performance decreases also is great knowledge for me. I will try my best to provide updates to my INF if it becomes necessary.

The inf is designed for the 177.92 drivers and manages pretty decent performance with it. Supported resolutions are as follows:

800*600, 1024*640, 1024*768, 1176*664, 1280*720, 1280*768, 1280*800 1440*900.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: After downloading the drivers, download the inf for your OS from this page. Then, delete the original inf (or rename it the same name as the original inf) and replace it with this one. Whatever you do make sure that the two inf's are not in the same directory. Then install the driver.

Here is The Official Aspire 5520-5912 thread that has all the answers:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=19450

If you want to overclock, try this thread:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....=20342&st=0

That pretty much wraps it up, so here they are, enjoy!

XP-32

Vista-32

XP-32 (179.34)

IMPORTANT: To download right click and select save target as (or corresponding instruction for other browsers)!

Disclaimer: If this inf screws up your system (the possibility of aliens landing in your backyard is greater) I am in no way responsible.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew55

• SpitFir3

• axelspike

• kodb

Ihave an Acer Aspire 4520 with a Nvidia GeForce 7000M, Can i use this INF?

Edited by alex007600

Yes, this will work!

:) It doesn't work with vista x64!!! =(

Edited by alex007600

The INF is for Vista x86 only.

Andrew will need to make individual INFs for each OS version.

Yes, alex, have no fear, I will try to have the other inf's in as soon as possible, probably Friday (busy week).

All done now, all OS supported!

And sorry for the delay.

Dude i Have a Aspire 5520 with the 7000m

But when i try to install the 177.92 ForceWare

It gives me a mensage saying that i dont a have a supportable hardware... =(

Did you use this inf? What os are you using?

You used this inf with the have disk method, right otherwise you would get a similar message.

Will try and fix the problem immediately if you can confirm that you have done this.

it's me Guest_kit_*

yep I used the inf mentioned at the top of this thread.

Okay, I will look at both the xp 32 bit and 64 bit and update as soon as possible. Thank you for the info.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate what you guys are doing. This is a great help for us all :)

Okay, it seems like I have fixed your xp 32 bit problem so the inf should be ok now. Please download and try (try using normal setup.exe and not have disk method please) and see if it works. I don't have XP so I can only confirm it works on Vista. Please tell of your results. Thanks in advance!

Hey andrew!! Long time no see, remember you helped me out when i first recieved my laptop, when i created that thread! Anyways i checkback here out of curiousity and i see this! Smal problem, when i attempt to install i replace nv4_disp with the XP one, i also try just putting the xp 1 in there. They have 2 different names. When i try to install it it says no changes where made??

Oh this is why so many people were having problems... I completely forgot to say that you have to delete the original inf, not extract as usual. Sorry to everyone that had this problem. And good to see you again iLLVIZiON! Will now update in the original post.

Any other problems let me know.

Followed directions, deleted the old inf and replaced with new inf and renamed it. Using 177.92. Still getting the error that no changes were made.

Thanks in advance: greatly appreciate you working on a longstanding problem many of us are suffering with.

Bob

Oh this is why so many people were having problems... I completely forgot to say that you have to delete the original inf, not extract as usual. Sorry to everyone that had this problem. And good to see you again iLLVIZiON! Will now update in the original post.

Any other problems let me know.

Yes, the main reason I am having problems with getting the inf to work on xp is that I have never tested it myself (I am running Vista) so I am very dependant on testers. Are you running XP 32 or XP 64 bit? I will make some more alterations to the 32 bit version in the meantime and see what becomes of it. Thank you.

Oh, i'm using xp Pro sp3 . My biggest problem is it impossible to play movies or dvds without having a jerky playback and the audio going way out of sync.

Thanks,

Bob

Followed directions, deleted the old inf and replaced with new inf and renamed it. Using 177.92. Still getting the error that no changes were made.

Thanks in advance: greatly appreciate you working on a longstanding problem many of us are suffering with.

Bob

Okay, but is it a 32 or 64 bit OS as I would like to know which inf is faulty. Thanks in advance for the info. Also is this jerky playback happening with windows media player alone or other video playback applications?

Hello Andrew

I have a couple of questions, the first one is that if the modded INF for XP 32 bit will work for my Acer Aspire Aspire 7520 w/ 7000M /610m Chipset

And the second one is that my laptop has a resolution of 1440x900, and by the post I'm guessing it wont support it, will it?

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to do this INFs :)

The modded inf is supposed to work with the 7520 too but as you said it doesn?t currently support that resolution as I had in mind the 1280*800 resolution of the 4520 and the 5520. I will make some changes to the inf soon (maybe by the end of this week so that it will have support for this laptop?s resolution. Thank you.

Hey Andrews hows it going?

I cant seem to find the link for the xp 32 bit inf. Could you please give me the link. Thanks.