LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Andrew's Customized INF for Acer Aspire 5520-5912 (32 bit only)

Andrew55

Guest rizinjais
Any final requests or improvements/ problem fixes you would like in this release before i upload it?

I don't have anyone, truly - I don't know them, just upload it, I cant wait, I'm Impatient :)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew55

• SpitFir3

• axelspike

• kodb

Ok I cleaned out the fans and covers but there really was minimal dust/lint buildup. I also blew everything under there out and clean.

No appreciable difference in GPU temp.

I dl'd the ATITOOL2.6 and reset the clock and memclock to defaults as the memclock was showing "0" as default instead of 666Mhz. Still no appreciable difference. I just dl'd NvTweak and will overide the fan so it goes continuously to see if that helps.

Awaiting the latest iteration of your inf to try that out.

I am stumped.

Bob

Okay, finally they are back! Check them out on page 1. Sorry for being late, was busy.

Bob, I think your card is damaged and the only way to fix it is to ring acer and see if they can do anything about it. If you are still under warantee that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

You have to right click and click save target as..

Guest rizinjais

HI again, thanks for the .inf. it's fully working, but I have another problem, which i didn't had earlier: when I start to play game - everything goes well, but after a while of playing the game the game starts to hang (i think it's slow fps), earlier I played the same games and everything worked great. Where could be the problem? Sorry for my bad english. Can you help me?

What OS and what games are you having the problem with? Will look in to this immediately.

Guest rizinjais

And I noticed that, when I launch NVMonitor, ewerythings good except GPU core (3D) - I cant get it bigger, it always shows me 100.000 MHz, but when it's 250-350 all games are going well, but 350 hapens just sometimes. How can get to stay 350???

Hmm.. a downclocking issue. Will look into that. In the meantime you can use the stock inf. Sorry about that.

No, I doubt that, will see what i can do to fix the problem (not seeing any anomalies though).

Whats up Andrew,

I just installed the 177.92 drivers with your inf, everything seems fine with the install. Im using xp pro 32bit with sp3.

I do have one problem though, I installed ntune, and atitool to oc the mobo and the gpu but the ram clock on the atitool wont let me set it to 666 again or anything higher than 400. What can i do in this situation? Is there a way to revert the oc and set it back to default settings?

thanks for the inf and for your help.

hope to hear from you soon.

Good to know, probably while in an attempt to to reduce temps i accidentally changed some powermizer (downclocking) setting. And this is probably the same thing that is causing the problems in the games that rizinjais is having. That shouldn't be too hard to fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Good to know, probably while in an attempt to to reduce temps i accidentally changed some powermizer (downclocking) setting. And this is probably the same thing that is causing the problems in the games that rizinjais is having. That shouldn't be too hard to fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I just installed the newer version of atitool .27 b2 and i was able to set the clocks back to stock and oc to 720. Ill try out the system for a while playing fear perseus mandate to see the performance differences and ill keep you posted in case of anything going right or wrong.

Your work is very appreciated. Ill keep you posted.

Guest rizinjais

43924514dc0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Maybe there is a problem with my laptop? I think that with directx could be problems, because I tried several times to install 9.0c, but PCWizard shows me that I have 10th, and there was a problem when I tried to install game, which fully works on other same laptop, but on my laptop it shows that I don't have DirectX.

This is still with my inf or the original one?

Incidentally, that problem looks like you didn't uninstall the previous driver properly. Maybe you can try re-installing the driver

I have the exact same problem..

My laptop (same as Andrew's Acer Aspire 5520 with a Geforce 7000m/610 cept mine is an AMD athlon) starts the game out fine. The framerate drops after about 20-30 mins of playing the game(use to 5-6 mins but I bought a laptop cooler that helped the problem).

GPU-Z is giving me readings saying that my temperature is above 90C and the framerate drops when it hits 100C. Any ideas on how to fix this

and even when I save target as for the INF file its dling it as a .txt file -_- im doing sumthing wrong sry

The game Im trying to play is 12sky which is an MMO. The system reqirements r fine and everything. im pretty sure its my GPU overheating thats causing the problem. Im actually sending my laptop out to Acer and they said they'll try to replace the gpu or motherboard (im under warranty) I rly hope this helps. meanwhile could u please look into this problem Andrew?

-thnx Pv

I have the exact same problem..

My laptop (same as Andrew's Acer Aspire 5520 with a Geforce 7000m/610 cept mine is an AMD athlon) starts the game out fine. The framerate drops after about 20-30 mins of playing the game(use to 5-6 mins but I bought a laptop cooler that helped the problem).

GPU-Z is giving me readings saying that my temperature is above 90C and the framerate drops when it hits 100C. Any ideas on how to fix this

and even when I save target as for the INF file its dling it as a .txt file -_- im doing sumthing wrong sry

The game Im trying to play is 12sky which is an MMO. The system reqirements r fine and everything. im pretty sure its my GPU overheating thats causing the problem. Im actually sending my laptop out to Acer and they said they'll try to replace the gpu or motherboard (im under warranty) I rly hope this helps. meanwhile could u please look into this problem Andrew?

-thnx Pv

it also SUMTIEMS tuns at 350.00 mhz but usually at 100 mhz (usually its fien at around 100 mhz b/c the game doesnt require much)

PV is this problem while using my inf?

What browser are you using?

Also, expect a new inf with the o/c problem fixed very soon, (finished customizing, ready to upload).

Latest version applied the 177.92 driver without any hiccups whatsoever on my laptop.

Still showing higher than desired temps but at least video is playing without being completely screwed up.

Thanks for all your work Andrew. Stay tuned as I'm going to continue to research this as return to Acer prob not practical (out of warranty)

Bob

No problem, good luck with trying to resolve your gpu heat problem. From the look of it it seems to be that your card is faulty and there isn't much that can be done besides replacing it, nevertheless a solution may be found.

First of all what os are you using and second what error message are you getting? You do have an aspire 5520 with a 7000m right?