LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Andrew's Customized INF for Acer Aspire 5520-5912 (32 bit only)

Andrew55

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew55

• SpitFir3

• axelspike

• kodb

Is it? There is no way for me to test. It is XP 32 only. Please test. If it is better, I will make an XP 32 inf based on that. Thanks for your help.

UPDATE: I will leave the Vista INF as it is, but if you can confirm that the 179.34 XP performs better than the 177.92 XP, then I will be happy to mod the inf for you.

So I will go ahead with the modding. It is late so I will have to leave it for tomorrow, but I will get to it. Tell me if you get any issues with the driver. Thanks for your help.

no man, no problems with the driver =)

i'm overclocked the GPU and the driver is working perfectly

OK, modding for XP 32 now.

Done! Have done quite a bit of changes to the inf and got it down to 21.7 kb (quite small). Have added some resolutions that I don't think I had supported before. Should be useful to users with the 7520. Anyway, here it is in beta mode. Just replace with original. Will release it from beta mode if you can confirm it is working properly. Thanks to all testers!

XP-32 beta

OK, thanks, will take out of beta.

• 3 months later...

Ok thanks for the feedback.

hi andrew it seems that ur really familiar on tweaking and overclocking geforce 7000/nforce 610.. i hope u can help me with this..

hope u can give me the best advice possible..

im using a comaq presario f700 amd turion 64x2 1.9 ghz

i have the same card geforce 7000/nforce610

im using forceware 177.92 drivers.

memory 2048 mb

333 mhz.

vista home basic 32-bit

what ntune version should i install.

sorry for my english, im a little noob of this computer thing..

pls help me

Since Vista drivers do work on Windows 7, you can use the vista 64 inf with the appropriate drivers and install it. I haven't done it myself but it should work.

• 1 month later...
Guest Chris Kuhn

Andrew55

When you will make inf for a new driver ?

The 179.34 is very good too ...

Do they sell the Aspire netbooks in Brazil? Which models are available today? I think there is a AOD150 and Aspire 5338-2081

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My reply is probably too late, but can you give me some examples of the applications that are giving trouble? Try one or two other drivers, they most likely will solve your problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rafxrolo

Hi Andrew, I am having a really big trouble with my 7000m, my gpu IDLE temp is getting over 84ºC and it underclocks the gpu core from 350mhz to 100mhz automatically, do you know why this happens? My computer is an acer 5520-5148 windows 7, 1gb ram.

That's really hot. If this is a new problem it could be due to dust, which might indicate that your fans need cleaning out. The reason it is underclocking is to prevent damage. Areyou using the default win 7 drivers?

How long have you had the laptop?

• 1 year later...