• Cain

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys check this out!!!

gxm.png

Cool isn't it...

Better than 8700m gt...

I rolled back finally to 179.28 official release by nvidia, hey i may sound avsolute noob on this question ... how come Rasterization Operation = 16 , double of mine (8) & texture fillrate is diff as well ... is anything special u r doing? :)

Guest asusf3sv

the drivers works great performance wise for me.. though i cant enter the control panel with any of the 180 drivers it seems :) anyone know what could be the problem ?

Guest chomi_24
I rolled back finally to 179.28 official release by nvidia, hey i may sound avsolute noob on this question ... how come Rasterization Operation = 16 , double of mine (8) & texture fillrate is diff as well ... is anything special u r doing? :)

I used rivatuner to tweak my GPU. Not only the ROP's and texture fillrate, pixel fillrate; bus width and band width as well as you can see. If you have the rivatuner,

go to target adapter

click customize

select low-level system settings

click button to install nvstrap driver (if installed already no need)

on the graphics processor configuration,

active pixel/vertex units configuration (on the drop down box) select custom (32sp, 8rop)

then click customize

take down this ones and zeros sequence (11110011 00001111 00000000 00000011)

click ok. System will require to restart.

After check your GPU Z.

Guest asusf3sv

another thing ive notcied with dox drives is that often during installation the screen turns black and the computer stops responding... but on restart the driver seems to have been installed correctly anyways..

Guest chomi_24

Guys look at this!

The power of the 8700m GT in the hands of the 8600m GT

bd.png

unlocking:

ROP's=12 :P

Pixel Fillrate=10.0 gpixel/s :)

Texture Fillrate=20.0 gtexel/s :thumbsup:

Bus width= 256 bit :P

Bandwidth=51.2 gb/s :rofl:

3dmark06: on 1280x800

3dmark Score=5799

SM 2.0=2472

SM 3.0=2254

CPU=2103

Playing Assassin's Creed for an hour on full note, DX10, 1280x800, 77C, w/ no issues... :)

Guys look at this!

The power of the 8700m GT in the hands of the 8600m GT

bd.png

unlocking:

ROP's=12 :P

Pixel Fillrate=10.0 gpixel/s :)

Texture Fillrate=20.0 gtexel/s :thumbsup:

Bus width= 256 bit :P

Bandwidth=51.2 gb/s :rofl:

3dmark06: on 1280x800

3dmark Score=5799

SM 2.0=2472

SM 3.0=2254

CPU=2103

Playing Assassin's Creed for an hour on full note, DX10, 1280x800, 77C, w/ no issues... :)

WOW¬¬¬ i have 8600M GS but no such perfomance xD

What driver version 180.84.0 or 1??

Guys,

If I use RivaTuner to tweak ma GPU as per u said .. can i always role back to the original settings?

how long shld overclocked gpu shld run? Is there any danger of overheating & damaging Gpu? am keen to overclock my system .. wana play GTA IV badly :)

sorry if i have posted this on wrong thread or area .. am just keen to know ..n am finding ppl who hav actually done it ..

Thanks,

Orestes.

Dox yr drivers is not really good for me, i tryed some, but nothing compare to 185.20 it's best for my 8600M GS

Guest chomi_24
Guys,

If I use RivaTuner to tweak ma GPU as per u said .. can i always role back to the original settings?

how long shld overclocked gpu shld run? Is there any danger of overheating & damaging Gpu? am keen to overclock my system .. wana play GTA IV badly :)

sorry if i have posted this on wrong thread or area .. am just keen to know ..n am finding ppl who hav actually done it ..

Thanks,

Orestes.

Yeah, there is a "RESTORE TO DEFAULT" button on the lower left corner of the window. You can hit it anytime you want. But mine i run it on start up coz dont wanna reboot all the time...

Don't worry that much to overclocking, just make sure you are on safe operating temps. (less than 90C, thats what they say) Mine, never saw past 82C while hours of gaming.

Buy a cooling pad, it helps. Zalman NC 1000 is what they say is the best right now...

I used rivatuner to tweak my GPU. Not only the ROP's and texture fillrate, pixel fillrate; bus width and band width as well as you can see. If you have the rivatuner,

go to target adapter

click customize

active pixel/vertex units configuration (on the drop down box) select custom (32sp, 8rop)

then click customize

After check your GPU Z.

WOW i did this and this is what i got without overlocking, WOOOOOOOOOOW!

post-35155-1231881448_thumb.jpg

TO Guest_chomi_24_* :

Hi, i read your message.

I use your settings:

go to target adapter

click customize

then click customize

After check your GPU Z.

BUT AFTER GPU-Z SHOW 192BIT AND 12ROP,

BUT YOU 256BIT AND 16ROP.

Please help me, i dont know what now.

THANKS YOU, VERY THANKS

ps:my card is:8600mgt 512mb ddr2 128bit 8rop

Edited by Pepe Hrib

DOX is this driver support GeForce 9100M G and WindowXP home edition SP2 Operating system?

what would you prefer to be used in my 9100M?

I would recommend you to use the latest version of Dox`s Forceware: 181.20

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=22670

Release Highlights

-Based on official WHQL driver

-Supports all desktop and mobile cards from 6-GT200 series and quadro equivalent

Check out this, i unlocked my 8600gs... gpu-z say's that, but no increase of performance...;/

8c7638f67cca5c06.jpg

go to target adapter

click customize

then click customize

After check your GPU Z.

Could you send screen of riva tuner graphics processor configuration, need to compare it with mine(0-31 bit).

Hi,

about wat u guys are doing, modding your card with Rivatuner. I dont think its a good idea. Personally, i have tried it on my 8400m gs, modded it to 8600m gt. There is no performance increasing, and there are ppl warning me that doing so can potentially harm the card, as the card doesnt have those abilities physically. This is proven by many with benchmark results. There is no change in result which means that its not working.

So my word of advice is to stop doing this and try to overclock if u want more FPS, which is the only way i got performance increment.

I clocked my 8400M GS to 600/1600/700 (Core/Shader/Memory). temp around 80C with copper mod (google it) and a Zalman laptop pad.

• 3 weeks later...

just tried this after 181.22 caused freezes.

no luck with this one either. my computer froze while i wasn't even doing anything. reverted back to 179.28 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, ive just reinstalled this driver as the latest one made my control panel dissapear when i right clicked (it was also not stable). I still cant see the control panel, does anyone know how to get it back. Also the system info in display settings thinks i have dx8 on and shows no memory on the graphics card? Anyone know whats wrong?

post-33980-1235677233_thumb.jpg

Sorry, i didnt know how to put the image in the post lol - its normal size if you click on it though.

Edited by mabrookes

Look at Start/All Programs/NVidia Corporation - is it there?

Yea it is, ive never actually noticed it there before :s I suppose as long as its accessible and working i could just leave it. Do you know if the false reading of dx and the memory is a problem or is it not going to make a difference? Thanks for the reply.

There must be a software problem - did you clean your system from the old driver before you installed the new one?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This isn't the first time that I have ran into this issue. Recently I switched from the 185.xx set of drivers (that either run too hot because the Powermizer options do nothing when in SLI and plugged in on my dual 9800m GT's or the screen flickers when entering and exiting any DirectX game. Some drivers, like 180.84.1 Powermize even when plugged in, which I like).

My issue:

I clean uninstall the old drivers (Safe Mode: Unistall + Driver Sweeper -> Restart: Install Dox's 180.84.1 -> Restart: no SLI option)

Both of the cards work in SLI on pretty much every driver I have tried (save a couple others that I have had this issue with).

I have attached my pictures to display my situation. I have tried a full clean uninstall, again. I did not attempt the HAVE disk method since the drivers are packaged.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

post-29205-1240436708_thumb.jpg

post-29205-1240436714_thumb.jpg