• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Ahmaz

• Cain

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, i was wondering if there is a compatibility list so we can check what video cards are supported.

\anyways, will this work with 9600mGT?

yes it will

hey guys im just a bit confused

can someone clarify the differences between quality, performance and balance installation options?

thanks

its explained in the installer already:

quality: higher quality with reduced performance.

balance: balance of image quality and performance

performance: lower IQ with higher performance.

affects gaming not overall system performance.

Driver Sweeper. It's not needed but it's recommended if you want to avoid various problems. That applies to every driver, not only this one.

Hey, i have a problem installing 180.84.1 drivers

it says : The nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers taht are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

but i have vista x64 and geforce 9600GT

Well, dox a little feedback concerning GTA IV performance, so I tried your 184.84.1 and then the new mobile 179.28 driver.

In 1024*768 (texture medium) GTA performance test, i get 25,56 average fps with yours and 28,33 with 179.28. In 1280 i go under 25 fps or nearly with both of them not very playable.

So i'll keep 179.28 but in this one i miss your extra resolutions (like 960*600) which could have allowed me to go on a 30 average fps while staying watchable on a 15,4";-).

I did not have any bugs with both, i run my tests with a 9600M GT 512 DDR3 OC to 600/800/1500 and a T5800 4GB DDR2 vista x86. OC bring a gain of maybe 2 fps not more what a pity ;-)

So i'll keep 179.28 but in this one i miss your extra resolutions (like 960*600) which could have allowed me to go on a 30 average fps while staying watchable on a 15,4";-).

So why don't you create them via Control Panel?

my nvidia driver works 94% of the time, should i get a overclocker dox driver? What are the major sideeffects of it, i dont want to ruin my GPU -_-

So many questions about "is my card even supported?" People seriously need to learn how to read. If you are not sure about how to install drivers, don't even start learning with Dox's customized drivers. The majority of you would try installing Catalyst if I said it would give you 10 FPS boost in all games.

Edited by Cain

I've got a Geforce Go 7950 GTX and the driver won't install. I thought it should work with 7 series cards? Says it's not compatable with my hardware (same as the desktop NVidia drivers obviously). Been trying to get GTA 4 to work for hours... very frustrating.

So many questions about "is my card even supported?" People seriously need to learn how to read. If you are not sure about how to install drivers, don't even start learning with Dox's customized drivers. The majority of you would try installing Catalyst if I said it would give you 10 FPS boost in all games.

OMG where 2 get catalist?

Dox I'm curious, is there a reason you have triple buffering disabled by default in your drivers? Do you find it's increasing stuttering or decreasing performance when on?

Dox I'm curious, is there a reason you have triple buffering disabled by default in your drivers? Do you find it's increasing stuttering or decreasing performance when on?

It is because V-Sync isn't on most of the time, and it uses a lot of video memory.

hey Dox I am new to Dox optimised driver,and I am a newbie here of cos..just registered..

installed the Dox Optimized ForceWare 180.84.1 driver but haven tested

I just wanna ask if I installed the driver correctly.. all i do is...open the Vista_180.84.1.exe,

and keep on pressing next,next,next/install....without deleting any files...I choose "balanced"setting

the installation smooth then I restarted my lappy..

previously,I was using the 175.66 for Acer Laptop by Dox too (http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=22334)

but suffered from driver stop functioning and resume after few second when playing games,

which the screen totally freeze then I alt tab and it resume..

this is my screenshot of GPU-Z for the optimised driver:

printscreenos8.th.jpg

pls do tell me if I installed correctly?

thanks for the driver...testing it now..

Edited by tidusjc

I've got a Geforce Go 7950 GTX and the driver won't install. I thought it should work with 7 series cards? Says it's not compatable with my hardware (same as the desktop NVidia drivers obviously). Been trying to get GTA 4 to work for hours... very frustrating.

I assume you are on XP?

If so the driver files are extracted to C:\XP_Dox_18084

if you are on vista it will go to C:\Vista_Dox_18084 etc.

You will need to install via have disk method since for some reason the setup.exe will not install for your card.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showforum=76

if you play with v-sync then turn it on for better performance, but yeah it uses video mem and only affects openGL games.

hey Dox I am new to Dox optimised driver,and I am a newbie here of cos..just registered..

installed the Dox Optimized ForceWare 180.84.1 driver but haven tested

I just wanna ask if I installed the driver correctly.. all i do is...open the Vista_180.84.1.exe,

and keep on pressing next,next,next/install....without deleting any files...I choose "balanced"setting

the installation smooth then I restarted my lappy..

previously,I was using the 175.66 for Acer Laptop by Dox too (http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=22334)

but suffered from driver stop functioning and resume after few second when playing games,

which the screen totally freeze then I alt tab and it resume..

this is my screenshot of GPU-Z for the optimised driver:

printscreenos8.th.jpg

pls do tell me if I installed correctly?

thanks for the driver...testing it now..

yeah, installed correctly

Hey dox.. im having random bluescreen with 180.84.1 when i turn on Vista Aero..

using a 9500m GS..

hi!

I like the performance on these, haven't done any benchmarks, but it's noticable over 179.28.

I do have the occasional (>60% of the cases :) ) standby problem (where he wont wake up). Any tipps on that one?

thx, dox!

Hi

I installed these drivers to try and get GTA as playable as possible on my inspiron 9400 with a 7900 GS.

I haven't had the time to try yet ingame, but in vista I have glitches which I had not seen since very old versions of drivers (for exemple when I reduce stuff to the taskbar, or when I open the "add gadgets" panel from the sidebar or even when I close a folder.

I didn't have them with the regular version of the drivers.

anyway first time i post on this forum but i've been using your drivers for a long time, so thanks for your work

cheers

Hey!

Great drivers, but when I try to configure a 3d profile for a game I get an error after selecting the game's EXE file. This then causes the control panel to close. I've done a clean install twice now with the same result. Other drivers on this site work fine. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Performance is much better but I'm not able to use AA or AF.

Hey!

Great drivers, but when I try to configure a 3d profile for a game I get an error after selecting the game's EXE file. This then causes the control panel to close. I've done a clean install twice now with the same result. Other drivers on this site work fine. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Performance is much better but I'm not able to use AA or AF.

I assume you are on XP.

Thats a bug in the nvidia control panel.

Instead of adding your game to the profiles,

Just untick "show only programs found on this computer" and from the drop down list scroll down to your games and apply AA there.

hi!

I like the performance on these, haven't done any benchmarks, but it's noticable over 179.28.

I do have the occasional (>60% of the cases :) ) standby problem (where he wont wake up). Any tipps on that one?

thx, dox!

yeah, basing my drivers has its draw back, and that is one of them.

I'm working on making drivers based on Offiical nvidia ones, such as 179.28 which shouldn't have that issue.

cool, your version of nvidia's 179.28 could be very good :)