Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnBRoot

• shark300

• alecool

• Crispii

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Tokein

Hi, I just replaced my 7600go by a 9600m gt 512Mo (not ES, Acer bios) on my amilo xi 1526 (bios 1.26). It works but :

- As all I got 30" boot message (and running with throttle clock)

- All software recognize my card running in PCI Express x16

- It not heat a lot (55°C@idle - 72°C@full) -> thx to MXM Upgrade for the fast delivery of a 17w/m.k heatpad :)

- The card was sell as a GDDR3 memory chip (Samsung), and all software say that too, but I really think it's GDDR2 :

If I flash it replacing throttle clock by 'extra' clock (500/1250/800) and appropriate voltage (1,05V, tested with 0,89V and 1V too), it don't works when come to windows desk.

But now I run it with 500/1133/425 (0,89V), give 4448 points at 3dmark06 (1280x854,No AA, optimal filtering).

I tried to up memory clock to 450 -> don't work

Now my question is : how can I verify if it's really GDDR3 chip ?

Have a nice day :)

Guest Tokein

GPU-Z say it's GDDR3.

I looked at the chips themselve, where is written 'K4J10324QD-HC12', wich is well referenced as GDDR3 on Samsung's website.

Strange :)

Hello All,

I have the same problem, Amilo Pi 1536 (upgrade T7200) and NV 9600M GT 512 - and I still waiting for any help, check every day this forum to be find solution how fix that. Mybe somebody find something new?

• 1 month later...
Guest omninmo

Hello, i'm also planning to upgrade my amilo m3438g's VGA but im not sure if switching from a DDR3 6800Go is worth the investment to merely a DDR2 8600M GT, so i too was hoping to know if anyone has succeeded in getting a 9600M GT fully working on this laptop.. Can anyone lend some assistance? :)

• 2 months later...

Hello!

Nothing new on my side regarding the 30 sec countdown, but I noticed that the DVI output is now working with Windows 7, which was not the case with XP. Good to know if anyone is interested.

• 1 month later...

It's me again!

So i flashed a few times and i found out, that the GPU is able to run with 500MHz /1250MHz Shader, but the RAM is not able to work with more than 400MHz(normal should be 800Mhz

My Question is, is it possible that i got GDDR2 Ram(GPU-Z says it's GDDR3) and may it be possible that they Faked it, or is my card damaged?

Greetz Donlucas

I have exactly the same problem with vram frequency

have you find a solution ?

• 2 weeks later...

I've find a solution in this tutorial

http://home.nctv.com/nightwalker/C90S%20MXM%20upgrade.html

I've just made the "Perf Table Entries" modification and everything's fine now, the card is working @ full speed (800mhz)

Before this i had just modified timings with wasn't working

• 2 months later...

For those who are still interested, thx1137 found a solution to disable the "beep" - works great!

• 11 months later...

So you can now use any type of 9600m gt in an amilo 1556?

i have a amilo-pi 1536 there basically the same

i've found this one :

http://cgi.ebay.nl/GeForce-9600M-GT-512MB-Grafikkarte-Acer-Aspire-6920G-/360320011891?pt=DE_Elektronik_Computer_Computer_Graphikkarten&hash=item53e4bf0e73

i've conntacted the seller and said to me that this is only compatible with acer is that true?

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be good

Acer bios based video cards work fine on amilo laptops

I ordered it i can't wait!

• 5 weeks later...

I ordered it i can't wait!

Hi crispii i'm tempted in buying this card too!! Can you tell me how did it go with the NVIDIA 9600 M GT on the amilo Pi 1536??? Have you tested the card??? Please Answer me!:) You'll do a favour to all amilo users:P

Thanx

the card is working great!! ( no heatsink mod required! i think :)) if you wanna mod the card i still got the modded bios with standard clocks and NO beep!

Edited by Crispii

the card is working great!! ( no heatsink mod required! i think :)) if you wanna mod the card i still got the modded bios with standard clocks and NO beep!

Of course! do you can link the bios here? i have taken a bios dump from laptop video to go but i don't know if is the same for the exact model of this seller.

The seller from who i will buy the same card as you is zeytech*de right? He sells some nvidia 9600 m gt that he says are used not new that's right? And last thing i wanted to buy a 9600m with ddr3 video ram! On the page of the item the seller doesn't specify if is ddr3! Could you tell me if it is ddr3 (at 800 mhz!!) or not?

Thank you very much Crispii! If for the bios you need contacts i can give you my contact or log my account here so you can do a pm! (ah another question for the shipment how much time? i'm in italy i think it'll take more time to me:( )

I was also seeing for nvidia 9700 or 9800 but i wanto to know if 9800 could fit in our socket (because has an extra piece of connector for SLI that i think can't fit in amilo motherboard), and i've seen many have installed 9700 m gt but i want to know if any of the 9700 works: i've find a card with MSI bios can it go into our nb?

Thanks to all for help!!! :)

Hey crispii, i am Guest_Marco, this is my contact for eventually pm or to contact me :) thx 4 help!!

heres the modded bios! as for the card, the card itself is used and it has gddr3 800mhz memory.

And if i were you i would buy it from zeytech.de it's a good price, fast shipping and great service and they already have had alot of customers.

The 9700m gt should fit but you should play safe and just buy the 9600m gt.

If you have questions about the modded bios you should ask Quipster (he did the mod for me.) :)

modG96_M.zip

Edited by Crispii

heres the modded bios! as for the card, the card itself is used and it has gddr3 800mhz memory.

And if i were you i would buy it from zeytech.de it's a good price, fast shipping and great service and they already have had alot of customers.

The 9700m gt should fit but you should play safe and just buy the 9600m gt.

If you have questions about the modded bios you should ask Quipster (he did the mod for me.) :)

Thank you very much for the support Crispii! But i think that i will not buy from zeytech: as i've seen also from your bios you've got the DDR3 version, but i've mailed zeytech from ebay and i've got no answers(i've asked if was a ddr3 version), and then i've seen in the bottom of the ebay auction that he answer to a frequent question saying he sells ddr2 version...... so i think i'll try to found a DDR3 version absolutely:D

Meanwhile i've taken your bios as a useful piece to adjust the card when i'll order one....(hope as soon as possible)

A question when you got the new bios from Quipster(i think he presumibly has edited it with nibitor), how have you flashed the bios? Via nibitor? Or via nvflash? I've got an nvflash that works under windows but is older version, but i fear that for this card is bettere newer nvflash via msdos?

i booted up into msdos, from there on i used nvflash to flash the card.

Although i ran into trouble using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, i couldn't boot from usb stick.

As a solution i changed back to Fuj.Siem. bios v1.25 then it booted up fine into nvflash, i flashed the card, rebooted it and changed it back to Alienw. bios 2.06w :)

i used this tutorial:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3433513&postcount=1

i booted up into msdos, from there on i used nvflash to flash the card.

Although i ran into trouble using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, i couldn't boot from usb stick.

As a solution i changed back to Fuj.Siem. bios v1.25 then it booted up fine into nvflash, i flashed the card, rebooted it and changed it back to Alienw. bios 2.06w :)

i used this tutorial:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3433513&postcount=1

Thank you for the guide, i'll see and try to follow it. (ps.: is very useful more of all for the possibility to make a blind bios flash (for backup)!):)