LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9600m GT on AMILO Pi1556

Guest Slid

i booted up into msdos, from there on i used nvflash to flash the card.

Although i ran into trouble using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, i couldn't boot from usb stick.

As a solution i changed back to Fuj.Siem. bios v1.25 then it booted up fine into nvflash, i flashed the card, rebooted it and changed it back to Alienw. bios 2.06w :)

i used this tutorial:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3433513&postcount=1

Hi crispi i've bought a 9600 and i'm changing the bios now, i will let you know!

But i've read also of your interesting in a modded bios for fujitsu siemens amilo+nvidia and 4gb of ram bios, have you found that bios from the site (modded bios heaven or something similar) that the guy has suggested you?

Another question i see initial 30 sec bootup message with scrambled character, have you changed the message?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnBRoot

• shark300

• alecool

• Crispii

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another question crispi! What driver are you using?? Official nvidia mobile drivers don't recognize the card!

I WANT TO DO THE POINT FOR AMILO+9600MGT POSSESSORS:

myspecs:

intel T7400 @ 2.16ghz

geforce 9600m gt 512mb ddr3

2.00 gb RAM CL5 KINGSTON 667mhz

seagate hdd 320gb 7200rpm

windows 7 ultimate 32bit

I'll report here results obtained with different drivers and a Nvidia 9600M GT DDR3 (reflashed with the BIOS with NO BEEP, NO WAITING TIME and correct core and memory clocks) :

263.09 - 10469 3dmark05, 6.4 Windows 7 score, 80-100fps World of Warcraft, 40-60fps Pcsx2 (powermizer can be disabled), control panel with 3dvision and nview support /best overall/

195.62 DOX - 10506 3dmark05, 94-130fps World of Warcraft, 40-60fps Pcsx2 (excellent, but powermizer can't be disabled)

266.58 - nvidia control panel only with 3dvision settings!, 10487 3dmark05, 6.4 Windows 7 score, 80-100fps World of Warcraft, 40-60fps Pcsx2

182.05 DOX - 10612 3dmark05, 41-50fps/(21fps with a little more antialiasing) World of Warcraft, 40-60fps Pcsx2

10933 cpu score - 3dmark05

other news: i've understood that if I completely shutdown the notebook and restart it, I get into Windows with the gpu in 16x PCI-express mode (i see it from gpu-z, and i get the best scores with 3dmark or games that run very fast); if i reboot only the notebook when is already booted up, at the restart of windows i get the GPU locked in PCI-express 1x mode, getting bad scores in 3dmark and slow games! At this point the unique method of getting back the gpu at 16x PCI-express connection is shutting down the pc and restart it again!

After trying at least 10 different drivers and getting the same result, I think that the problem is that when you reboot the notebook when Powermizer is active (the tool that switches the speed of the card depending of the utilization) if the card remains in low power mode (120 mhz/100 mhz, using 1x pci-express) at the reboot the notebook bios (that as we know is too old) locks the speed of the pci-express link at 1x. While if we shutdown and power on the pc, we get the card rebooting at full speed and full link from the very beginning of the power up, so the card remains with link at 16x, and at windows start the drivers set again the switching between 1x-16x mode.

Another thing i've stated is that if you disable Powermizer automatic switch (between 1x-16x) the card reamins forever at 16x link and also if you reboot only or completely shutdown the notebook it remains at full speed.

To solve this probably we need a modded motherboard BIOS!!!! Hope in the future someone can develop something!

Infact i hope something could come out to use the nvidia 9600m gt and 4 gb of ram :) still nothing for now i think, or not? :|

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is strange i now have the problem to.

At first i run battlefield bad company 2 at medium with good fps and now i barely run it on low graphics.

And the same with anno 1701 i got good fps when i run it in medium mode so i maxed out the settings. Still runs smoothly but i rebooted laptop, went gaming, left the laptop on for downloading, checked the next morning, bad fps with both games.

I checked out GPU-z it locked back in pci-e x16 @1x!

edit:

i've found an program that locks the clocks of the card so that it not switch between 2d or 3d clocks http://somemorebytes.com/wp/index.php/software/nvpmmanager/

but i don't know how to test it right. :)

Edited by Crispii

@mtmarco

What do you mean by "nvidia control panel only with 3dvision settings!" ?

I don't have the nvidia control panel.

Could you help me ?

Thx

Akos

hi akos sorry for the late answer, however i mean that with those driver i have got NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL, but with the very strange situation that i was seeing only the 3D Vision Settings menù option....

With the 263.09 however i am seeing all the NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL correctly...

In this month i've seen another very strange thing, i hope you can help me here: i get correctly working only the 263.09 driver on Windows 7 64 bit, while with Windows 7 32 bit i was getting working all previously listed drivers.

I'm going crazy cause i want to update my drivers with a newer release, but when i install drivers of newer version than 263.09, i get Windows 7 freezing after some seconds and showing BSOD..... help :/

this is strange i now have the problem to.

At first i run battlefield bad company 2 at medium with good fps and now i barely run it on low graphics.

And the same with anno 1701 i got good fps when i run it in medium mode so i maxed out the settings. Still runs smoothly but i rebooted laptop, went gaming, left the laptop on for downloading, checked the next morning, bad fps with both games.

I checked out GPU-z it locked back in pci-e x16 @1x!

edit:

i've found an program that locks the clocks of the card so that it not switch between 2d or 3d clocks http://somemorebytes.com/wp/index.php/software/nvpmmanager/

but i don't know how to test it right. :)

Crispii for that problem, i've discovered that the first day i owned the card too... And after many searches i've founded an only solution working for me: When i have to reboot the pc, i instead shutdown completely the pc and then power up again. In this way i've got always @x16, because if I got @x1 the games goes Laggy (cause the bandwidth supplied by PCIe is very reduced!).

I haven't tested your software, but i can say you that i've discovered that using PowerMizer disabler, if I disable the clock automatic switching, and the card always run @500 Mhz (full speed), also when I reboot the pc remained at @x16, but only this way, beacause is as when powermizer can switch down to 168 Mhz (low speed), then it locks the pc down to x1 at reboot... very strange, but i can't understand why, i think is because limited support by our motherboard.... but for what we need it can work the same by shutting down and powering up each time (having less heating caused from full speed all the time).

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone!

I've opportunity to buy 9600m gs for pi1556. According to this I've few questions.

How with temperatures? I've read from this thread that 9600m gt heats a lot, but how 9600m gs?

Second question is: do I need modify the cooler for this graphic card? I know that this metal-something can be removed.

Link: http://allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=1726061275

I hope that this is the right topic.

If you're going to game allot on your laptop it will heat allot up to 80 degrees centigrade.

Which is not critical but wil cut down the lifespan of your card.

I recommend a good laptop cooler i've bought an Cooler master notepal pro U2.

http://www.mycom.nl/Product/PC-Accessoire/Cooler-Master-Notepal-U2/1082270?gclid=CKOYj7LTjqoCFZQNfAodmhQ9zQ

As for the card itself are you sure you can remove the metal fitting?

Sometimes its solderd on to it, so be sure!

• 1 month later...

I WANT TO DO THE POINT FOR AMILO+9600MGT POSSESSORS:

myspecs:

intel T7400 @ 2.16ghz

geforce 9600m gt 512mb ddr3

2.00 gb RAM CL5 KINGSTON 667mhz

seagate hdd 320gb 7200rpm

windows 7 ultimate 32bit

I'll report here results obtained with different drivers and a Nvidia 9600M GT DDR3 (reflashed with the BIOS with NO BEEP, NO WAITING TIME and correct core and memory clocks) :

263.09 - 10469 3dmark05, 6.4 Windows 7 score, 80-100fps World of Warcraft, 40-60fps Pcsx2 (powermizer can be disabled), control panel with 3dvision and nview support /best overall/

195.62 DOX - 10506 3dmark05, 94-130fps World of Warcraft, 40-60fps Pcsx2 (excellent, but powermizer can't be disabled)

266.58 - nvidia control panel only with 3dvision settings!, 10487 3dmark05, 6.4 Windows 7 score, 80-100fps World of Warcraft, 40-60fps Pcsx2

other news: i've understood that if I completely shutdown the notebook and restart it, I get into Windows with the gpu in 16x PCI-express mode (i see it from gpu-z, and i get the best scores with 3dmark or games that run very fast); if i reboot only the notebook when is already booted up, at the restart of windows i get the GPU locked in PCI-express 1x mode, getting bad scores in 3dmark and slow games! At this point the unique method of getting back the gpu at 16x PCI-express connection is shutting down the pc and restart it again!

Sorry for my late answer... there's another solution about the 1x / 16x PCI problem: just turn into powersaving and back again :tmikwid:

• 1 month later...