LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 182.05

Dox

anyone using this with a macbook pro? i dunno if its my computer or the drivers but the last 2 dox ones i tried out caused my computer to lock up. shame because they were infinitely better than the ones nvidia released.

thanks for these dox!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• frank604

• ^nox

• Codyksp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do people ever read anymore?????

read the first page mate.

hi dox,

I realized that u said u were too busy to optimise drivers from here on out but have u taken a look at the 182.06? they are supposedly 25-50% better than 182.05 on certain games. If you modded these i bet it will be the best dox drivers ever. Please do reconsider. Cheers mate

To ^nox:

This is by far one of the best drivers you can use. As for me, a mobile 8600m gs 256 gddr3, I can overclock using rivatuner with this driver- yay! I have presets made to be within 4%, 6%, 8% of my stock values. Adding this to the best drivers (I installed balance btw), I can now play my games with some vastly improved fps. I'm not much of a benchmarker, as I judge with my eyes and my experience only. But I used fraps and in COD 4 & 5, I went from 20-25 fps to 45-55 [With 8% OC]. Image is more vivid, and the fps is no longer giving me huge headaches. Even without the OC, this driver will give you a more "clean" feel when you game. I love this driver and I play most of the newer fps graphics intensive games, so little improvements are noticeable. I'm sure without official mark06 or vantage results, you should definitely give this driver a go.

Note on my OC values:

Stock

600 Core Clock

1200 Shader Clock

702 Memory Clock

4% Core, Shader, Mem | 6% Core, Shader, Mem | 8% values Core, Shader, Mem

624, 1248, 730 | 637, 1274, 742 | 647, 1294, 757

Please OC only if you understand the dangers involved. With any of the OC's, I'm getting roughly 88C -90C (never gone above 90C) in gpu temp.

I hope this helps out fellow 8600m GS users, Cheers!

PS. Thank you once again Dox!

Hi Frank604

Thanks alot for the info you gave me on this driver ... I have been using for a looong time 169.04 driver , which was the only one that allowed overclocking (unless you tempered with the gpu bios). And now im very pleased to hear that new drivers are out and working properly with 8600m GS GPU's. My card is DDR2 which still comes far below the DDR3 version but with my current overclocking scheme and dox's 185.20 drivers I get sollid performance on most new games (eg. Left 4 Dead is averaging 40fps with all setting on high except with shaders on medium). Anyway just as you said id rather look at actuall performance in games as well, but use benchmarks at least as starting point. Anyway thanks again for your help !!!

Just for info: MY 3dmark06 went up by 265 points, and vista index aero went up from 4.8 to 5.7 and 3D gaming graphics from 5.3 to 5.4.

Thumbs up for Dox !!! Great driver !!! :)

To ^nox:

You should consider using 182.05 instead of the 185.20 you mentioned. The 182.05's performance outshined the 185.20 for me. There aren't that many 8600m gs users out there speaking on the forums, so it is always a pleasure to give my feedback out for those of us :)

Cheers.

The PhysX GPU acceleration was shown as disabled by default.

Should I enable it or not?

I have a quadro fx 3600m

The PhysX GPU acceleration was shown as disabled by default.

Should I enable it or not?

I have a quadro fx 3600m

physX have always been disabled for dox drivers they were removed to reduce the size

Edited by dougy86

physX have always been disabled for dox drivers they were removed to reduce the size

So what I have to do to enable them?

WOW!!!! Thanx !!! Now I am able to OC my 8600M Gs AND use the sleep mode!!!

Just reporting, using PhysX on Mirror's Edge I face ocasional crash, but with other game it runs almost perfect(181.22 v1.1 runs better but still doesn't solve my sleep issue)

I really wanted these drivers to work for me, but in WoW they just lagged. I get a noticeable lag when moving the view around with the mouse compared to older 178.24 drivers which I've been using for some time. :)

It is possible to add desktop support?

I really like this drivers, but I work most of time on my desktop.

Guest Chupa cabra

Clean install, Worth it on a hp dv6405 w geforce go 6150 w vista home premium x86. Temps are 68 C idle, gaming 88C max, m$ windows aero runs fast. Doom 3 playable 800X600 medium res.

Best driver ever

Nice stuff Dox

Dox,

These drivers are AWSOME! Compared to all other versions i used, these are so far the best set.

My Vista score rating bumped from 5.3 and 5.4 to 5.5/5.9.

And it is not the end. Also 3dmark 2003 with these went to 16.378 pts instead of 13.500 (dox 181.22)

All Games are much more smooth, fast and sharpness.

P.s. I used balanced option.

Nice Job man, nice job.

Keep doing this and you will be a NVIDIA oficial driver releaser.

:) :)

Edited by Iranlei

Keep doing this and you will be a NVIDIA oficial driver releaser.

I hope not :)

Glad these are working well for you, looks forward to some cool stuff next release :)

dox..

i had an issue when i use this driver to play left 4 dead it crashes rapidly with sound loops.

then i install official nvidia's driver. and can run the game smoothly with no problem.

any idea mate?

WOW!!!! Thanx !!! Now I am able to OC my 8600M Gs AND use the sleep mode!!!

Just reporting, using PhysX on Mirror's Edge I face ocasional crash, but with other game it runs almost perfect(181.22 v1.1 runs better but still doesn't solve my sleep issue)

maybe u can try the PhysX ver 9090203...this PhysX driver solved that problem... :)

waw...I also use 8600M GS...can u tell me how u overclock this card? :) :P

To Felzio:

Perhaps try searching online for a fix for that issue, even though the issue isn't present in the nvidia drivers that you have. Why? Because Dox's drivers are worth using.

Have you tried opening console and entering in:

mat_queue_mode 0

....or....

mat_queue_mode -1

I'm not even sure if this is the same issue that I've had, but just thought if this works then koombaya :)

Also, did you do a clean install? Or just install the setup right after you downloaded dox's drivers?

Left4dead is just an awesome game to play :) I love it.

-Frank

I've tried that PhysX version(9090203), and the corrective patch for the game but the problem continue.

I OC with RivaTune 2.23

just download it and go to Main/Drive settings/Customize/System settings/overclock end find the best OC u can do.

Edited by Carlos_rpg

Ok as promised some results for 8600M GS users !!!

First of all 3dmark and Windows Performance Index are just indicators of how well the driver might perform as they might not be always accurate, and therefore i recommend testing out actual gameplay. Anyway i tested Crysis, Left 4 Dead, Prince of Persia, Spore, and all seem to be runing much more fluently...

Here are some benchmarks:

First 3dMark06 (Overclocked 460M/680C) - went up by over 300 points since 196.04:

3dmark06460680with18205.jpg

Vista Performance Index (Aero up by almost a point & 3D Gaming up by 0.1):

indexed5.jpg

Btw the above scores are while my GPU was overclocked to 660c/480m and temperature of GPU was averaging around 85 celsius (max 87).

Great work Dox !

Edited by ^nox