LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.68

Dox

Hmmm ... when I install these here, nHancer complains nvapps.xml (i think) has an error ...

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• Carlos_rpg

• zipper

• chomi_24

Update your nHancer! (I did it just)

as i said i add game performace tests.

all measured with fraps benchmark.

Assasins Creed dx10 maxed out with multisampling and etc. Min 17 Max 37 Avg 26.359

Assasins Creed dx9 maxed out with multisampling and etc. Min 0 Max 74 Avg 34.130

Burnout Paradise maxed out WITH SSAO (Super Sampling) Min 11 Max 17 Avg 14.044

Burnout Paradise maxed out WITHOUT SSAO (Super Sampling) Min 25 Max 61 Avg 49.289

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warefare maxed out with anistropic filtering and full AA Min 12 Max 125 Avg 44.354

Call of Duty 5: World at War maxed out with anistropic filtering and full AA Min 16 Mx 74 Avg 37.809

Far Cry 2 dx10 maxed out with full AA Supersampling post effects etc. Min 0 Max 52 Avg 17.638

Far Cry 2 dx9 all set to very high no aa Min 15 Max 60 Avg 36.845

Race Driver GRID maxed out with 16xqxaa Min 15 Max 30 Avg 27.117

all games ive checked i played with native resolution 1280x800 refresh rate 61Hz.

Not many games ive checked but... dont have much time now. Every game ive checked i played for bout 15-30 min. Just Far Cry 2 dx10 maxed out for 5 min coz it was realy unplayable.

Oh so you have to use nHancer 2.5 beta with this? Eh, I'll pass then :)

guys any of you know what dox driver are working w/ HDMI...?

i just bought a HD TV and i"m trying to connect my laptop via hdmi to hdmi with this driver but its not working. now im w/ my laptop manufacturer's driver just to get it work in my vista.

but i want to use a dox driver, any idea?

the "bug" with nhancer is nothing to do with the way I optimised the driver.

the its th author's responsibility to update his software to keep up to date with the drivers.

The alterations in 185.xx forced nHancer to require an update, which is still beta.

Every time i boot, the resolution is messed up and i have to manually set it back to my native 1440x900. And even then when i first check the available resolutions there are a lot different ones but not my native. After i apply some random (e.g. 1280x800) the bar changes and i can choose my native. Any idea why?

HDMI audio and video works with my 9800M GTX in my Sager 5796. This is using the Dox 185.68 driver. Other drivers have not given me audio via the HDMI port.

Guest Sad_I_AM

With the previous 182 driver, i was so happy. I was getting 30 fps on low settings with dow2. All other drivers made the game unplayable.

When I saw 185, i thought that i would get even higher fps... i was wrong.

I get 18 fps with this driver compared to 30 fps on 182. What gives? how could such a newer driver be so crappy :)

On my 8700GT, during GPU heavy gameplay, I get a strange permanent vertical blurring effect, which doesn't affect the right 1/3 of my screen.

If I disable my device in 'Device Settings', it is fixed, but re-enabling brings back the issue. A restart will fix it.

It isn't heat related, as the card runs at 60 degrees max whilst gaming.

These are the first drivers which have done this, and I have used almost every dox release prior to this.

just stick to 182.xx these were beta for only G92 + cards, I've just added support for all 6 - 9 mobile cards.

There was a reason it did not natively support G8x cards for a reason :)

I have a G94M, but this one is still a wee bit too bleeding edge for me :)

Hey, I have the new Sager with the GTX 280M, I'm going to try this driver as soon as this slow download for my stock driver finishes...

wow ... that's top spec notebook .. how much u got it for? any overheating probs?

$2039 US, P9600 2.66, WSXGA, GTX 280M, 4GB DDR3, 320GB 7200 RPM

Build quality is exceptional, and it runs very cool. Performance is great, check out my thread on NBR.

Anyway, sorry Dox but your driver didn't change much, atleast for warhead. DX10, 1680 x 1050 @600/1500/950 on High, went from 27.43 to 27.72! :) And temps are the same. I'm too lazy to switch back and these seem stable, plus I want to try overclocking higher without modding the BIOS for higher voltage. The stock 179.27 drivers didn't like much higher than my current OC...

I haven't upgraded my drivers since a couple of months ago since 175.50 already gave me a huge 20-40% FPS boost in all games, and I never had any issues with it. I figured it was as good as it was going to get.

But this driver is in a whole new league of its own, I'm amazed at how much power is being squeezed out of my laptop video card, and to be honest I'm very afraid of it overheating and burning out because this much of a performance boost can't come without a price...

Guest Guest

My laptop GPU idle temp went from 60 to 80°C after installing the mobile drivers.

Be careful with this if you have your laptop on a lot, it could seriously cut down the lifespan.

Appears to work well with my Rock Xtreme SL8 with a 9800M GTX fitted. Usual Half Life Source engine games run smooth and X3 Terran Conflict which I installed at the weekend also runs well. As for heating issues this driver does run hotter then standard drivers BUT I'm using a Zalman cooler mat and I'm not experiencing any over heating issues what so ever.

Edited by The-Monk

Guest Guest
My laptop GPU idle temp went from 60 to 80°C after installing the mobile drivers.

Be careful with this if you have your laptop on a lot, it could seriously cut down the lifespan.

My GPU load temp according to nvidia monitor is 90°C with this driver, while it used to be around 80. Is this still safe for a laptop? Any way to keep it lower?