LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest Atheros modded Driver for Windows 7, Vista and WinXP

mobilenvidia

Just click on the red mark, a pup-up will appear and, well, I don't have that much options, but repairing is here :)

mini_233232Capture.jpg

Using the default driver, 2.0.0.74, but it will also happen with other drivers.

I'm not using any thrid-party softwares for my wireless management, so no ACU, just the windows thing.

Mine has just "Explore more options" and "Close troubleshooter" :)

Even when i select diagnose on the wireless adapter....

My problem is that i cannot find networks in Win7 x64

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• stanny

• chiefwigms

• UberB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

hi my hardware ids are as follows

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002A&SUBSYS_3042103C&REV_01

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002A&SUBSYS_3042103C

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002A&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002A&CC_0280

when i try to install the modded drivers, it says its unsigned n when i force install

it does install it but with a yellow mark on it, where in it disables the lan card.

im using a windows 7 ultimate x64 build 7600

thanks.

Guest Kteckie

I have been working on an HP laptop with an Atheros AR5009 and I tried installing your driver but it is giving me error Code 32. The driver is missing or corrupt. Any idea as to why it would be doing this?

Added v8.0.0.219 and v7.7.0.384

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but would one of these drivers work for a wireless network adapter? To be more specific, the model is an AR5007UG. It's for my desktop, but it's been giving me massive problems and I figured it was worth a shot to ask here. I have Windows 7 64-bit if that makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but would one of these drivers work for a wireless network adapter? To be more specific, the model is an AR5007UG. It's for my desktop, but it's been giving me massive problems and I figured it was worth a shot to ask here. I have Windows 7 64-bit if that makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

It should work for all Atheros based cards, be they desktop or mobile.

I use it on sons desktop AR9000 based card.

It should work for all Atheros based cards, be they desktop or mobile.

I use it on sons desktop AR9000 based card.

Well the problem is that I couldn't get it to recognize the driver I downloaded from here, even with restarting my computer and what not. Is there a way I can remedy it, such as like some way to force it to install?

Thanks

Well the problem is that I couldn't get it to recognize the driver I downloaded from here, even with restarting my computer and what not. Is there a way I can remedy it, such as like some way to force it to install?

Thanks

The only way to force an install is to use the Update driver in Control Panel device manager. (how most Atheros drivers need to be installed unless they have an installer included)

You do need to replace the original INF with the modded one first, the original INF should also install and with OEM settings, I just add the ability to tweak the settings more.

Guest Michael

Thank you very much mobilenvidia. I will try the v8.0.0.219 with modded INF v1.28 and some others once I figure out how to boot to Windows 7 which I installed on my other (new) hard drive. I would like to know how I can dual boot? I have Windows XP on my old original hard drive. My wireless card is the Netgear WG311v1 Wireless PCI Adapter which apparently has this:

Chipset string: “VEN_168C&DEV_0013”

Chipset identification: Atheros AR5212

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

The only way to force an install is to use the Update driver in Control Panel device manager. (how most Atheros drivers need to be installed unless they have an installer included)

You do need to replace the original INF with the modded one first, the original INF should also install and with OEM settings, I just add the ability to tweak the settings more.

So there really is no way to force a driver then, as that's the way I tried to install it. I noticed in the modified INF file that my specific type (AR5007UG) isn't within it. Do you think you could perhaps point me in the direction to remedy this? Thanks

So there really is no way to force a driver then, as that's the way I tried to install it. I noticed in the modified INF file that my specific type (AR5007UG) isn't within it. Do you think you could perhaps point me in the direction to remedy this? Thanks

What is the 5007UG Dev-ID and subsys numbers ? (in device manager)

Guest PolliSoft

Hi,

I tried the last Win 7 driver (8.0.0.219) and it does not work for me. It installs, but I get an error message stating that the hardware configuration has been altered and the driver may have installed files not suited for my HW.

My card is an Atheros 5008, I run Windows 7 64bit. All previous modded drivers worked perfectly.

My Hw has the following info:

Chipset string: “VEN_168C&DEV_0023”

Subsys: 00611737

If some more info is needed, please ask.

/PolliSoft

Hi,

I tried the last Win 7 driver (8.0.0.219) and it does not work for me. It installs, but I get an error message stating that the hardware configuration has been altered and the driver may have installed files not suited for my HW.

My card is an Atheros 5008, I run Windows 7 64bit. All previous modded drivers worked perfectly.

My Hw has the following info:

Chipset string: “VEN_168C&DEV_0023”

Subsys: 00611737

If some more info is needed, please ask.

/PolliSoft

Try installing the Windows Automatic driver update driver then 219.

I get the same error sometimes but they do install.

What is the 5007UG Dev-ID and subsys numbers ? (in device manager)

Under Matching device Id I have: usb\vid_0ace&pid_1215

I'm not quite sure where the subsys numbers are though, as I don't see any categories (under details > property) that match anything close to the phrase 'subsys numbers.'

If it helps, I have attached the current INF file that I am using.

Thanks again for sticking it out.

netathrxusb.inf

Under Matching device Id I have: usb\vid_0ace&pid_1215

I'm not quite sure where the subsys numbers are though, as I don't see any categories (under details > property) that match anything close to the phrase 'subsys numbers.'

If it helps, I have attached the current INF file that I am using.

Thanks again for sticking it out.

No wonder you've got a USB WLAN card, these require USB drivers also found here, different post (pinned)

Not seen any new drivers for Atheros WLAN cards for quite a while now.

The modded drivers here won't work :)

Should have Guessed that the U in UG is for USB.

No wonder you've got a USB WLAN card, these require USB drivers also found here, different post (pinned)

Not seen any new drivers for Atheros WLAN cards for quite a while now.

The modded drivers here won't work :)

Should have Guessed that the U in UG is for USB.

Ahhh! Okay, thanks. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ahhh! Okay, thanks. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Had a look around for newer drivers but nothing to be had.

Looks like Atheros may have stopped USB production

Yeah, it's pretty insane how incompatible the Windows Vista 64-bit driver is with Windows 7 64-bit. Like, the adapter will just frequently disconnect. Sometimes I cannot even get it to reconnect back to the internet (disabling the adapter, disconnecting it/reconnecting it, etc). When this happens, I cannot even do a start > restart...it just gets stuck at the "Preparing to shutdown" screen every time. I always have to hit the restart button on my tower. It usually takes me 30 minutes (like 5 computer restarts) just to get the adapter to connect, 'cause usually when I turn on my computer, it will not even connect and I'll have to go through the restart button process on the tower again. Really sucks, to be honest I should have bought a new adapter already...heh.

Anyways, thanks again for your time, I appreciate it.

Anybody having disconnect issues with v8.0.0.xxx and Windows 7 should try the 7.7 drivers these are more stable in Windows 7

First of all, thanks for your work on the INF files. I shared your BSOD issue on my Inspiron 9400 ever since I installed a mini-PCIe SparkLAN Draft-N WiFi card with Atheros 5800X chipset. Your mod saved my day!!

In the v1.28 (but also in some previous versions) modded INF files is a reference to a catalog file: "CatalogFile = delta.cat". However, included with the drivers are the catalog files "athrext.cat" and "athrextx.cat", but NOT "delta.cat". The original INF files correctly reference these catalog files. Is there a reason why this has been changed in the modded INF files? I've modded :) the v1.28 modded INF files to reference the proper catalog files (netathr.inf: "CatalogFile = athrext.cat" / netathrx.inf: "CatalogFile = athrextx.cat") and as far as I can see, everything works as expected.

Keep up the good work!!

Hank

First of all, thanks for your work on the INF files. I shared your BSOD issue on my Inspiron 9400 ever since I installed a mini-PCIe SparkLAN Draft-N WiFi card with Atheros 5800X chipset. Your mod saved my day!!

In the v1.28 (but also in some previous versions) modded INF files is a reference to a catalog file: "CatalogFile = delta.cat". However, included with the drivers are the catalog files "athrext.cat" and "athrextx.cat", but NOT "delta.cat". The original INF files correctly reference these catalog files. Is there a reason why this has been changed in the modded INF files? I've modded :) the v1.28 modded INF files to reference the proper catalog files (netathr.inf: "CatalogFile = athrext.cat" / netathrx.inf: "CatalogFile = athrextx.cat") and as far as I can see, everything works as expected.

Keep up the good work!!

Hank

Hi Hank it should make little difference as the modded INF will be WHQL certified which is what the xxxx.cat file is (from MS)

I think the delta.cat is the WHQL cert for the MS part of the driver that is included with Win 7

Try installing the Windows Automatic driver update driver then 219.

I get the same error sometimes but they do install.

Hi again,

thanks for the tip, but this does not solve my problem. The drivers do install but I am unable to connect to a network (No networks found/the drivers are not loaded) after one or more computer restarts. The problem also occurs on the .225 driver. Now, I am using the .179 driver again and the problem does not occur whatsoever. Is there any difference in the way the drivers are signed between the versions?

My card is working fine with the .179 driver, so there is essentially no need to upgrade except for the upgrade junkie in me... :-)

By the way, is there any way to get a change log for the different revisions?

Thanks!

Hi again,

thanks for the tip, but this does not solve my problem. The drivers do install but I am unable to connect to a network (No networks found/the drivers are not loaded) after one or more computer restarts. The problem also occurs on the .225 driver. Now, I am using the .179 driver again and the problem does not occur whatsoever. Is there any difference in the way the drivers are signed between the versions?

My card is working fine with the .179 driver, so there is essentially no need to upgrade except for the upgrade junkie in me... :-)

By the way, is there any way to get a change log for the different revisions?

Thanks!

Strange, my AR9280 works fine with what ever driver I try.

I do get the signing error sometimes.

No change logs with the drivers, if there were I'd include them

At least you have a driver to work with