LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M 512

zipper

195.50 tried - a pretty poor benchmarker. PowerMizer keeps missing 2D mode.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Dox

• Killu

• bruno2040

Top Posters In This Topic

195.55 now - clearly better than 195.50. About as fast as 191.56 and so one of the best from recent drivers. 2D PowerMizer problem remains.

• 2 weeks later...

195.62 with modified inf: No PowerMizer for me. Loses to 195.55 in benchmarks a little.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course it is - but probably it doesn't give too much as the card isn't so powerful today.

190.73 WHQL tried - a nippy one, among the best benchmarkers. But PowerMizer is off by default and 2D mode doesn't work (as it has been a long time except 191.03).

Later notice: external as primary doesn't work, defaults to internal when rebooted.

Are You sure 2D mode doesn't work?

If you are using GPU-Z, use release 0.3.6. If You use release 0.3.8, You have only 3D clocks, because of a bug in the OpenCL cable check.

In my case, all 19x drivers are working correctly, but GPU-Z 0.3.8 force the 3D clocks. It's reported also in the GPU-Z forum.

If this is not your case, sorry!

Doesn't work for sure - might be a mobile 8-series Quadro problem; seen that newer chips do work better in this respect.

Now 195.81 with original inf for HP. A decent one but nothing special; 2D still broken.

Guest Chris M

I have a dell Precision 6300M with XP and Quadro fx1600M, which i have retired from work and Game on, Ive read the above posts and am still a bit lost on how to overclock or improve my speeds on the quadro.

Im a pretty decent comp user, but using the current stock quadro driver, i cannot overclock the GPU or its speed drops.

I can however clock the memory speed to 1020.

I guess i have more than one issue and need pointed in the correct direction.

1. riva tuner says download a newer version to use with my driver 195.66. How do i fix that?

2. I see that there are DOX drivers that allow overclock, but then in the later posts he stops supporting the quadro stuff.

I dont need any of the 3d modeling support stuff anymore, i just game, can i use his drivers and how do modify it or add my card into it?

3.I dl'd the 191.03 drivers and it says doesnt support your card. do i install via have disk, or do i change something in the file to include my card?

I game mostly on COD5- and MW2 @ 1024x768 but on a 24" scepter hooked into my dell dock station.

any help is appreciated.

1. RivaTuner always complains about new drivers. Ignore if it works otherwise.

2. Add these lines into the inf:

%NVIDIA.DEV_040D.1% = Section001, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_040D

NVIDIA.DEV_040D.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 1600M FX"

3. Did you use the modified inf? Might work also via have disk but there are jus a couple of mobile NVS quadro cards - do you want to mimick a quadro NVS 540M? Probably not; OK - 191.03 modified inf attached.

NV_DISP.INF

Guest Chris M

1. RivaTuner always complains about new drivers. Ignore if it works otherwise.

2. Add these lines into the inf:

%NVIDIA.DEV_040D.1% = Section001, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_040D

NVIDIA.DEV_040D.1 = "NVIDIA GeForce 1600M FX"

3. Did you use the modified inf? Might work also via have disk but there are jus a couple of mobile NVS quadro cards - do you want to mimick a quadro NVS 540M? Probably not; OK - 191.03 modified inf attached.

i will try that this afternoon and get back to you... thanks.

191.78 quadro WHQL tried. A decent performer, but 2D PowerMizer is still broken. And external as primary doesn't work after reset.

Guest Chris M

191.78 quadro WHQL tried. A decent performer, but 2D PowerMizer is still broken. And external as primary doesn't work after reset.

I tried inserting the INF above but it is a 32bit vista /win7

and im still on XP 32 bit.

if you got a different one... Thanks,.

Sorry, you could add the lines regarding your card from that Vista inf to the XP inf.

• 2 weeks later...

195.62 Dox tried with added card lines. Just as mediocre as thev original driver; 2D doesn't work - but however external as primary does, which didn't with 191.78.

hi zipper,

can you confirm that this driver installs ok on vistax86 version of dox 195.62

hi zipper,

can you confirm that this driver installs ok on vistax86 version of dox 195.62

Yes, no hiccups - just modified my card into the inf.

Hi Zipper, why do you use 32-bit? Why don't you upgrade to Windows 7?

With my next lappy in a few months - at least i7-720 and GTX 260M. But waiting for the right price and availability here.

195.62 Dox v1.1 tried also, about the same performance (3DMark03 a little better).

That's cool. Will you be benching on your next laptop too, maybe? What driver do you recommend for the 1600M right now?

196.21 tried, installs with have disk method. A lousy benchmarker, one of the worst in a long time. Doesn't overclock, shader clocks aren't even visible. Best to forget.