LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M 512

zipper

Guest Guest

Thank you for you effort. I cannot install Dox 185.68 on dell m6300 - fx 1600m, under windows 7 - it says "setup could not locate any drivers compatible...". Can you think a solution? Thank you in advance.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Dox

• Killu

• bruno2040

Top Posters In This Topic

Dox has dropped the quadro support - you should add the lines for your card to the inf yourself.

I really dont recommend quadro people use my modded drivers any longer.

I cant guarantee stability (in pro apps.) with the hacks in place which were made for geforce users in mind

Hence why I removed it.

I'm trying them just for curiosity and comparison but don't recommend anyone to use in serious purpose.

Guest clpdj

Hello zip

Can you please test the new FORCEWARE 186.18 and FORCEWARE 185.89 VS Dox 185.66 (i think it was you previous best drivers) and vs 190.15 .....

Please if you cold test it also in CS:S (i play CS:S)

bguards for all

185.89 definitely not - it's a F-S driver and older. 186.18 perhaps - but it's a desktop quadro driver and probably pretty close to 186.03, which will stay my favourite for some time I believe.

186.18 tried - so far the worst 185/6.xx driver as expected from a quadro driver. Somehow fcked my Explorer so windows stopped to open - quick recovery to 186.03.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried 186.24 with nvbl.inf - a good one but a little slower as benchmarker than 186.03.

186.24 is also available for XP - I believe it's a good choice.

Must check tomorrow - I'd vote for it.

Guest Guest
Must check tomorrow - I'd vote for it.

zipper Can you please benchmark FORCEWARE 186.10 , 186.24 and FORCEWARE 186.12? your benchmark tread is one of a kind in all internet, is the best, Please benchmark this versions of drivers... You cold ask for some economic Support to people, i wold give you some donation certainly... bguards and congrats for you excellent job

186.24 HDMI works fine - this is a keeper.

There's no bigger point to test 186.10 as it seems direct WHQL successor for 186.08, which didn't assure me, same applies to 186.11 and .12, which are manufacturer spesific versions.

• 2 weeks later...

186.30 tried; a good one, similar to 186.24.

Guest clpdj

Hello M8...

Can you please benchmark the NVIDIA Forceware 186.39 (im using this and i think i have a good boost) , the NVIDIA Forceware 190.38 WHQL and the NVIDIA Forceware 185.97 ???

I really thank you for the excellent job you are making here... I really think you sold open in the first post a donation Paypal (or similar)....

Bguards m8

190.38 added; problematic as the modified inf didn't work - had to add the card lines to the original inf. Not on 186.03 level but close with newer benchmarks; clearly better than 190.15.

186.39 (im using this and i think i have a good boost) ,NVIDIA Forceware 185.97 ???

-sry, 186.39=64bit and 185.97 doesn't exist...

HDMI works fine with 190.38 - and the new way to choose resolution from a list is nice; all resolutions from normal TV to 1080p without tampering with HDTV modes.

190.40 - almost identical with 190.38. Everything works, HDMI too.

190.56 tried - very close to 190.40 performance. Brief tests with 3DMark 2001 and Aquamark show big loss of performance when compared to 2 years old drivers (5 - over 20%)!

PowerMizer didn't work, had to switch it on with PowerMizer Switch and/or registry editing.

• 2 weeks later...

By chance I realized the impact of my antivirus software to my benchmarks in Vantage and 3Dmark06 - slowdown of 0.3 to 1.8 %; bigger difference on Vantage figures.

Just tried running Half-Life 2, but the colours were completely messed up. The launch screen was pretty much unreadable.

Same with Counterstrike: Source.

Patched them, didn't work.

Switched from 185.20 (std inf) to 186.03, which solved it. Didn't have any problem before with 185.20

That's life, bugs creep up and then they must be ironed out. Worth reporting?