LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Benchmark results for NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M 512

zipper

Guest Guest

the quadro fx 1600 is the same on nvidia 8700M gt, the average score on 3dmark 06 at 1280 x 800 with a c2d 2.2ghz~2.4 is around 5000 pts without OC? the nvidia 9600M gt gddr3 get higher score ? and has slower clocks?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Dox

• Killu

• bruno2040

Top Posters In This Topic

I get about 5200 @ 1280x1024 Reliable comparisons are hard to find, here you see that slower clocked 9600M GT beats 9650M GT:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphi...List.844.0.html

the undocumented variables have some influence to these results; the general performance is about the same.

• 3 weeks later...

hello zipper

i am just kinda afarid that i will get the wrong driver since there are so meny versions (dox inf mod and so on...) so i was just wondering if you could paste the link of the newest driver that dox edition 185.68 i think that you're so fond of.

thx you're the best

185.81 tried with HP inf; everything works including HDMI. As fast as 185.65 and 185.68.

What driver do you think is the best atm zipper? i need hdmi and i do play some now games sometimes?

thx

185.65, 185.68 and 185.81 are very similar and trouble-free with good HDMI support. Make your pick.

Hey zipper i just tryed the upper pasted drivers that seem to be the best scoorers on you're test but when i try to install them i get the message that the drivers don't finde a compatible hardwere and it stops. Did the above drivers work for you? or is there any modded int because on the beginning of the install there's a not that qaddro drivers are not suported. You would help me a lot with a fast reply.

Thx

pls if you finde a solution paste the link of the driver. much apritiated

useing x64 bit windows vista

Edited by Killu

Hey zipper i just tryed the upper pasted drivers that seem to be the best scoorers on you're test but when i try to install them i get the message that the drivers don't finde a compatible hardwere and it stops. Did the above drivers work for you? or is there any modded int because on the beginning of the install there's a not that qaddro drivers are not suported. You would help me a lot with a fast reply.

Sorry, forgot to write that I added my card into the inf before installing. But have a try with 185.81 - it's about as fast and has quadro support via HP inf (I think it was nvbl.inf in the zip archive) - or use the modified inf.

so yo just copy that mood from that additional mood zip into the folder and install or are there any more tricks?

I just unzipped nvbl.inf into the driver folder and took the original inf away - even when it's not necessary. The installer uses the inf which has support for your hardware.

185.65 Quadro version with orig inf tried. Works just like 185.6x and 185.81, no problems.

Guest Fougere

181.71 with Windows Seven RC : OC is impossible with RivaTuner 2.24.

The message is "No supported drivers detected for this display adapter"

@zipper.

First, thank you for your active and useful participation to this topic.

I think your tests help a lot of people, like me =)

So, I have a question for you :

How to disable the dynamic frequencies of the graphic card ?

I mean, when the graphic card is solicited, frequencies are automatically raised to the maximum clock speed, and after few seconds, when the GC is not needed anymore, frequencies are automatically diminished.

I searched for an option in RivaTuner and on many forums with the help of google but no response to my question.

Have you got an idea ?

Guest Fougere

I think I finally found the solution on my own =)

To force frequencies to constant levels :

Power User tab -> RivaTuner \ NVIDIA \ Overclocking -> EnablePerfLevelForcing.

Set this property to 1.

Worked for me.

My configuration :

HP 8710w with Quadro FX 1600M.

Windows Seven RC.

RivaTuner 2.24 with the default configuration, except from the EnablePerfLevelForcing property of course.

Driver version : 185.20

The problem was that when I had Aero enabled and I wanted to preview windows with alt + tab, Windows + tab or a software wich clone the function Expose in Mac OS, there was an intolerable delay to raise frequencies, and so the time to preview windows was too laggy for me.

If you experience the same problem, enjoy the solution =)

Bonus : I tried a lot of clone of Expose for Windows, and this on is the best so far in my opinion (only 7Mo in RAM, fully customizable, free, ...) : Switcher

The first thing for me was to get rid of Aero and other visual crap so I had no problems with PowerMizer or Power Saving properties. I mostly run with max performance - just when indoor temp is so high that the fan speeds up I'll use energy saving settings.

Hello Zipper! Are You using drivers 185.85 now?

If yes, have You noticed a "lag" in 2D performance? (like open/close/resize a window,...?)

And in control panel, Video and television, Video color settings,

the setting "Dynamic interval" Max (0-255), has any effect for you?

You can see the effect in any video, special in dark/black areas.

Thanks.

I'm using the video player settings, not NVidia settings. No lag noticed on 2D.

Tried 185.85 Dox version also - about the same performance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Hi, I was just issued a Dell Precision M6300 with a 1600M as a replacement for my old laptop.

I installed nvidia's 185.85 driver 32-bit driver in 32-bit Windows 7 RC and tried RivaTuner 2.20 and 2.24 as well as setting EnablePerfLevelForcing to 1, but I'm still getting "No supported drivers detected for this display adapter" under Driver Settings. Thus I'm not able to OC?

186.08 tried. Pretty mediocre, back to 179.xx benchmarking level.

HDMI coughs - won't work external as primary, 1080i gives black screen with signal and some stripe on upper border.

186.03 laptop driver: works fine. The fastest on DX10 so far, other benchmarks good. HDMI works fine.

190.15 with modified inf - nothing to praise. Loses clearly to 186.03.