• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zipper

• Dox

• Killu

• bruno2040

Top Posters In This Topic

190.62 tried - the worst benchmarker in a long time, about 6 months back.

186.81 tried - a little better, 186.xx level. Big minus: doesn't give the option to create custom resolution - I had big trouble to get my external screen up as my HP defaults to 62 Hz, which doesn't work on my external BenQ.

Then 186.82. A little better - and custom resolutions work again!

• 2 weeks later...

186.91 WHQL - like .82, about identical benchmarks. No problems.

No, as it's just 6150/7150 driver.

190.62 tried - the worst benchmarker in a long time, about 6 months back.

190.89 beats even this, it's a bit worse further..

• 2 weeks later...

191.00 Quadro WHQL driver - back to "normal" performance level - but still non-working PowerMizer. And a big irritating factor - external as primary doesn't work from reboot; a bug that hasn't surfaced in a long time. Quickly back to some working driver, don't remember which...

191.03 - PowerMizer works - but performance is pretty mediocre, clearly slower than 191.00.

hi Zipper i was wondering what is the best driver for nvidia quadro 2700m atm with hdmi working. Playing some games and the defoult driver just sux.

hi Zipper i was wondering what is the best driver for nvidia quadro 2700m atm with hdmi working. Playing some games and the defoult driver just sux.

Have to try 191.07 first.

OK, 191.07 tried - and worse still as benchmarker. Must admire how every new driver is slower than its predecessor...And PowerMizer seems to be missing 2D again :)

185.85 is a good starting point - one of the fastest and HDMI should work.

mined pasteing me a link for 64 bit system vista. Can't seem to fined that driver

Edited by Killu

mined pasteing me a link for 64 bit system vista. Can't seem to fined that driver

NVIDIA driver v185.85 for Windows 7/Vista 64bit

http://laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/185series/18585_win7x64.exe

191.56 tried with original inf and have disk method. CP won't install but performance is best of 19x.xx drivers - must try with the modded inf next.

Well, what a disappointment with modified inf - a 2 - 3 % performance drop, which in driver terms is huge, like going back 2 years.

• 3 weeks later...

195.37 tried with modified inf - shoddy results. RivaTuner doesn't work most of the time. 3DMarks don't work - just a couple of stray results. Most of time com surrogate closing error causing Futuremark system info error. Is there a missing dll or wrong version of some?

OK, now RivaTuner happened to start and shows missing nvdisps.dll - but should it be there? Anyway PowerMizer is missing 2D mode again...

Copied nvdisps.dll to system32 and newest direcpll.dll from Futuremark and got rid of 3DMark errors. New results are better. RivaTuner still coughs.

Nevertheless one positive mention - HDMI works. But I'm back in 191.03 - can't stand non-working PowerMizer on desktop use.

Guest JuhanValtin

Running 186.21 on Win 7 (x64).

Got 5255 on 3DMark06 using default clock speeds and 5728-5822 over-clocked (on the second run I increased memory clock speed even further. Not sure that system would remain stable). Over-clocked from 625 -> 710MHz @core and from 800 -> 900MHz @memory using RivaTuner.

At 700MHz core and 900MHz memory clock the system seemed stable. Did ATITool test and got no errors. Core temp was up from about 10C, from 65C to 75C (during 3DMark06 runs). Using standard cooling. No fan control.

Any ideas, would 700 and 900MHz be safe? And are there better Nvida versions? Have been reading that 195.39 is good ...

Precision M6300

T9300 @ 2.5GHz

FX 1600M

2 x 2GB DDR2

Any ideas, would 700 and 900MHz be safe? And are there better Nvida versions? Have been reading that 195.39 is good ...

My max values have been about 780/980 so you are pretty safe.

I don't like 195.39 as RivaTuner and PowerMizer don't work. I stick with 191.03 as it has PowerMizer working; 191.00 is a tad faster but PowerMizer is missing 2D speed.

Did a couple of OC tests with 781/980, driver 191.03. Vantage results are much higher than with 17x.xx driver which I used last time.

191.66 Quadro driver tried - a decent one but a tad slower than 191.56. 2D still missing on PowerMizer. Back to 191.03 again.