LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9600M GT Overclocking :O

eXceed

read the entire thread, perhaps i'm dumb but How did the 5930 owner overclocked their 9600M GT(ddr3)? with nvidia system tool ( 6.02 ) I can't do anything. And laptop2rocket had a button for automatic optimum? I don't have that button.

Now I read it but I still have a question about nbitor 4.6. Does this program Flash your bios or just moddifies your BIOS?

thanks in advance:D

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leshcat

• DextoR

• hasham

• Laptop2Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest imlinked

You use gpu-z to extract your current bios.

Use nbitor to open up the extracted bios and edit the bios (overclock takes place here), make sure you save the opened bios as a different name so you have a non-edited (original factory setting bios extract) and edited bios (with OC settings).

Make a bootable usb drive and move over the edited bios to the usb... also copy nvflash to the same root directory of the USB.

Boot up the computer with USB and flash by typing "nvflash -A -j -4 -5 -6 nameofeditedbios.rom". Will say ID mismatch... click yes.

Basically you are creating an edited bios and replacing the current bios (so yes, its flashing!)

The Problem is That 9600M bios is inside HP Bios ...

And EEPROM is not supported .

GPU -Z Can't read the bios

Thanks

Guest imlinked
Yeah,f*cking H2O new bios,cant do nothing without it :)

ahh... that sucks.

my 9600m gt (msi gx620 lappy) overclocked like a beast... getting 6953 3dmark06 scores ;x

goodluck to u guys!

dang, i dont think we will ever get a bios with OC enabled... maybe HP is worried or scarred of a high quantinty of burnt or damaged n-books...

How to create bootable usb to use nvFlash under dos, to flash bios...

dang, i dont think we will ever get a bios with OC enabled... maybe HP is worried or scarred of a high quantinty of burnt or damaged n-books...

maybe HP used malefunctioned nVidia videochipsets,realized that and not going to give us proper BIOS,or they made sh*ty cooling system and is afraid of massive burns of notebooks. But actually i dont give a sh*t about that,i just want my OC!!! I am tired to read about DDR3 users successes! :)

Question to all HP users: which videodriver do you use? Which is the best in your opinion?

I am using right now 180.43 ver 2. On my system ,it gives huge heat problem,92-96 C.

The best in my mind is HP granted 176.22. But can't play Far Cry 2 on it.

Edited by leshcat

I am using 178.13, it gives me 4489 3DMark06 points and my max temp is 78-80c with a zalman NC2000 cooler. I have tried others but 178.13 is the best for me at the moment, will try 180.43 sumtime and post results/

rolled back from 180.43 to 177.85.. temps goes to 65 (38 in 2d mode) tops with zalman nc-1000 (fans set to lowest)... the key is to right placement of the n-book on that pad... :)

i want to OC that machine too but... no can do.. so what u gonna do?

Edited by martinkay

Guest imlinked
maybe HP used malefunctioned nVidia videochipsets,realized that and not going to give us proper BIOS,or they made sh*ty cooling system and is afraid of massive burns of notebooks. But actually i dont give a sh*t about that,i just want my OC!!! I am tired to read about DDR3 users successes!

just for you leshcat... http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?im...nchmarkkn6.jpg

:)

in the worst case i ll just have madness atack and throw away my hp from balcony and will buy asus or whatever notebook with normal OC. Never ever HP.

Edited by leshcat

Sorry for your OC problems; HP 8710w overclocks happily with about every driver :) Well, after getting rid of the original drivers (and cleaning), which didn't OC.

Sorry for your OC problems; HP 8710w overclocks happily with about every driver :) Well, after getting rid of the original drivers (and cleaning), which didn't OC.

Dont be sorry,unless you are HP tech of BIOS deployement team :)

My HP HDX16 is a similar model to the dv5t, it has a 512 DDR2 9600 GT, as well as 4GB DDR2 RAM and a T9600 Duo (2.8 ghz). I set it on a NC2000 cooler, and overlocked the GPU never passes 60C. I use Rivatuner and set performance mode for 650 core, 1600 shaders, 550 memory, and I FORCE performance mode (which requires a restart). Upon restart, I can open rivatuner's monitor and see my clocks at 650/1600/550, I disable the forced mode when I don't plan on gaming, thus allowing the clock speeds to fluctuate, lowering heat and giving better battery performance. It's bit annoying that the system won't engage overclocked speeds without forcing it, but it works at least. Worth trying if you haven't done so already!

I use a customized high end config in Crysis Warhead at 1280 x 720 and scale back the shaders/shadows to medium, and it runs wonderfully, solid 25-30 fps during heavy action, higher with less going on. The OC is stable, and the GPU never passes 60C. I could push the clocks a bit higher but I think 1650 shaders was causing instability.

My HP HDX16...

I am checking new drivers on your notebook's download page :)

Can you tell us your GPU Bios version?

@ Guest_imlinked_*- How you clock your CPU??

Heh, MSI GX620 has a wonderful software-side cpu overclock option. I just hit the "turbo mode" button on my laptop hotkey and OC's my cpu as much as 20%. Great laptop... even has "eco mode" and like 3-4 other cpu underclock mode for longer battery. Greatest part of this is that I got my laptop for under $1200 due to exchange rate crisis in Korea (exch rate was about 1:1.4) and it came with a P9500 cpu (US retail version comes with P8600 i think.)

From the nvidia control panel: 62.94.2D.00.07

can you dump it using GPU-Z 0.2.8?

here is link to download: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1207h/GPU-Z.0.2.8.exe

+,just for a note:You ve got the same bios updater as dv5 lappie.

Did rivatuner correctly show you standart clocks,or 400\800\400 as for others??

Can you tell a bit more about FORCE performance mode?

Edited by leshcat

rivatunerbf0.jpg

Yes, rivatuner incorrectly displays clock speed, something like 400/800/400. But the monitor still shows your correct clock speed, up to 500/1250/400 during gaming (when not forcing OC).

Like so:

rivatuner2zq5.jpg

Edited by anothergeek