LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9600M GT Overclocking :O

eXceed

Whoop Whoop!! HP Finally does sumthing goooooooodddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!

I am eagerly waiting for the BIOS update, and as I have the Zalman NC2000 I have some room to OC without High temp.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leshcat

• DextoR

• hasham

• Laptop2Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

leshcat and what ? It will give you nothing - you have P8400. hasham has got T9400 - it can help him but not you. He will have more fps in games after overclock and you will have only more points in 3DMark.

Edited by user5

leshcat and what ? It will give you nothing - you have P8400. hasham has got T9400 - it can help him but not you. He will have more fps in games after overclocked and you will have only more points in 3DMark.

Hmmm...it seems you dont get the point. Now i am getting 4400 06Marks. If i overclock properly,i ll get 1/3 of advantage-about 6000 Marks For the SAME price and +5-10C degrees.I can in rude sence say that FPS will rise for sure in games at 8-10 FPS as i am playng right now. GeForce 9600MGT by itself is not super power GPU,so its enough P8400.

So your post is not rational.When i overclock speciallly for you i ll post you ingame FPS before and After.

P.S. Are you from HP or nVidia? It seems you dont see any reason to overclock :)

Edited by leshcat

You have 9600GT and only 4400 points in 3DMark06 - how is it possible ??????? You should have about 5500 points.

I am not from HP or nvidia - I simply disappointed after overclock my 9600GT. :/

Edited by user5

I also have 9600M GT and 4484 3dMARK06 points, the reason we r in the 44xx range is due to the fact our GPU is DDR2, as the 9600 comes in DD2 and GDDR3 memory, HP opted to put in the old DDR2 in out machines, unlucky us :)

@user5

What type of laptop do u have, u mind posting the make model and config pls.

Edited by hasham

You have 9600GT and only 4400 points in 3DMark06 - how is it possible ??????? You should have about 5500 points.

I am not from HP or nvidia - I simply disappointed after overclock my 9600GT. :/

Open your eyes - I am,hasham & DextoR are DDR 2 Version Users. We just want simply be on level with DDR3 version for the start.

Edited by leshcat

Leshcat wat do u think, can we reach levels as high as people with DDR3 overclocked, i mean levels like people in this forum who have overclocked their DDR3s upto or we can reach stock ddr3 levels??

Somebody who has got some new game with benchmark in this game must check number of fps before and after overclocking. I use Fraps to check number of fps but it isn't good idea because I must run benchmark in Fraps in the same moment in the game (before and after overclocking) and I must play the same (before and after overclocking).

Edited by user5

Wat is ur make and model and config of the laptop u own.

It isn't also a good idea. The best benchmark it is check number of fps in different games using their benchmarks.

Jesus,just use for example Crysis benchmark,or ingame benchmarks like in CoH, HL2, Fear etc.

Leshcat wat do u think, can we reach levels as high as people with DDR3 overclocked, i mean levels like people in this forum who have overclocked their DDR3s upto or we can reach stock ddr3 levels??

I think we have 70% chances to reach Stock Levels of DDR3 (~5500-5700 06Marks instead of ~4400) card,which means veeery good result. Maybe if you are lucky - ~+500~700 extra.The main problem is DDR2 type memory,in our case,we can hope only on High Clocking and random luck. :)

In my opinion,its almost impossible to reach DDR3 Overclocked results. Cant you see? ~600/~950/~1700 is maximum almost of all users of DDR3 versions. In our case we ve got 500/400/1250 in stock and the worst DDR2 TYPE,whitch means much slower as DDR3 Brother.If to think positive + 100~150 to Core,+150~200 to memory,+200~300 to Shdrs ----> ~600/~600/~1600. -->Hope its enough for Stock DDR3. Also,look on 1rst post of topic: "...600/500 core/mem, score of 5648" . Is a stock of DDR3 06Marks. I suppose Shader was clocked as well automatically by Ntune.

Offtop. wtf? Why i am still Enhanced Newbie? I am already and expert! :)

I am wondering how many people read this topic from the begining?

Edited by leshcat

I don't have HL2, Fear, Crysis etc. I have only demo Crysis and age of Empires 3.

What is the temperature yours graphhic cards after overclocking ?

Edited by user5

I don't have HL2, Fear, Crysis etc. I have only demo Crysis and age of Empires 3.

What is the temperature yours graphhic cards after overclocking ?

Usually - unpredictable. In DDR3 Case - +5-10 C degrees. In DDR2 - unknown.

And please. Fill up your profile to undertand which notebook and other stuff you have.

Edited by leshcat

I have Samsung R560. Do you have higher temperatures than 80 degrees C after overclocking ??

It seems you didnt read topic at all. DDR2 Users still cant overlcock. It seems ,especially "lucky" are HP Pavilion dv5 users. DDR3 support came with NiBiTor 4.6, thanks a guy named Boiler(Not sure) .

leshcat for president! @)

Nooooo,its too much for me,lets overclock our card for the begining :) but thank you for proposal :)

Nooooo,its too much for me,lets overclock our card for the begining :P but thank you for proposal :)

so it seems we'll have new bios for OC and support for NiBitor!! :)

so it seems we'll have new bios for OC and support for NiBitor!! :)

IF to think positive - YEAH :P ,if to think othervise - we hope. :)

Do you have the temperature much more higher than 80 degrees after oc or not ?

Man ,whom are you asking?

Guest ArchAngel777

I read the entire thread, but already knew the problem was a locked BIOS before stepping foot in here. I sincerely hope that HP does release a BIOS that allows overclocking, but I doubt they will. I will hold out hope, but I am not holding my breath.

I, too, was getting frustrated with all the people coming in here without reading the thread and asking questions that were discussed already several pages back. Hats off to you guys for contacting HP and nVidia in regards to this. Hopefully your hard work will pay off with rewards to us 9600M GT DDR2 users. I mainly am only interested in overclocking the memory anyway, as I am sure that is the bottleneck on these cards. Hell, even if they allowed me to underclock, I would be happy, as I would bring the shader and core down to balance it with the cheap arse DDR2 memory. At least that way, I would reduce the temperate of the system.

I read the entire thread, but already knew the problem was a locked BIOS before stepping foot in here. I sincerely hope that HP does release a BIOS that allows overclocking, but I doubt they will. I will hold out hope, but I am not holding my breath.

I, too, was getting frustrated with all the people coming in here without reading the thread and asking questions that were discussed already several pages back. Hats off to you guys for contacting HP and nVidia in regards to this. Hopefully your hard work will pay off with rewards to us 9600M GT DDR2 users. I mainly am only interested in overclocking the memory anyway, as I am sure that is the bottleneck on these cards. Hell, even if they allowed me to underclock, I would be happy, as I would bring the shader and core down to balance it with the cheap arse DDR2 memory. At least that way, I would reduce the temperate of the system.

You wanna speedup by turbocache?

TO ALL

Also we ve got problem ....about NiBiTor. Just recieved that:

"Just to repeat as well that we checked your BIOS and it didn't match our expectations so we can't really use it to code the needfull support. Can you redo the backup, but using the different tools and first check if they give the same backup file? "

The only tool which was able to Dump BIOS was RivaTuner,noone else can. Seems,we are not going to have NiBiTor support. :)

IF. If someone will send them BIOS dump from any king of other software. I dont have any idea ,only RivaTuner Worked.

Edited by leshcat

damn!! so our only hope lies in HP Support for new BIOS.. :)