• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leshcat

• DextoR

• hasham

• Laptop2Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bloody HP, this is frustrating, well guess we have to wait until they rls a new BIOS

Bloody HP, this is frustrating, well guess we have to wait until they rls a new BIOS

Hope for the best,prepare for the worst.

Edited by leshcat

Guest Snake84

Hi guys

Im from Hungary And i have an MSi gx700 Notebook C2d 2500mhz Gpu 9600m gt gddr3 512m

I sucseded overclocking the card with flashing the bios several times and a lot colcks generated and tested :)

I used Gpu-z, Nibitor to save my bios ,and then a nv flash with these parameters: Thats what you have to type when you are in a dos mode and want to flash your new bios! "nvflash -A -j -4 -5 -6 -y \c:(and your saved and modded .rom file)" And then theres a restart and your god to goo !! It works fine to me but i think if your trying like this you'll be lucky too!! If anyone needs help Just ask me! And i!ll try to help!

Ph and for the clocks I1v tested :) may cry dx10 with high settings and 1440 x 900 with Gpu 700Mhz memory 900 Mhz Shaders 1700Mhz It runs great but my tempereature :) it goes to the sky :thumbsup: the max that i reached was 105 Celsius :thumbsup: I think i have to buy a good cool pad :P :P But its a great overclock and games are much faster :rofl:

Thanks for the Flashing solution!!! Worked superbly on my lappy.

I'm able to get to 625/1550/800 core/shader/mem(GDDR3)

Manage to get 5-8 more FPS in crysis..... FINALLY!!!!

But my temp goes rocketing high to 90+ C without cooling pads.

I guess its time to utilize my Coolermaster infinite cooler...... :)

Probably the cooling system has no bigger headroom for overclocking - not too rare concerning laptops. My HP 8710w mimics a jet when pushed, running on the second fastest fan speed; the fastest speed means almost immediate crash.

Hi guys

Im from Hungary And i have an MSi gx700 Notebook C2d 2500mhz Gpu 9600m gt gddr3 512m

I sucseded overclocking the card with flashing the bios several times and a lot colcks generated and tested :)

I used Gpu-z, Nibitor to save my bios ,and then a nv flash with these parameters: Thats what you have to type when you are in a dos mode and want to flash your new bios! "nvflash -A -j -4 -5 -6 -y \c:(and your saved and modded .rom file)" And then theres a restart and your god to goo !! It works fine to me but i think if your trying like this you'll be lucky too!! If anyone needs help Just ask me! And i!ll try to help!

Please help me....How you get the dos in vista??Are you runing this on vista ???

DDR2 owners,especiall HP owners. Right Now on HP.com BIOS update menu has dissapeared,it seems they are posting new BIOS! Stay tune.

I just chkd and still no BIOS option, waiting desperately

me too man, me too, checked and still nothing. And what if they cut BIOS update function,like too much noobs killed computer by this utility(i can hardly imagine how to do that)? :)

me too man, me too, checked and still nothing. And what if they cut BIOS update function,like too much noobs killed computer by this utility(i can hardly imagine how to do that)? :)

Leschat, NiBitor 4.6 is out. Have you tried it?

Its working for my 9600m GT DDR3....

Logically, it should use similar BIOS, am I wrong?

The only difference is on the mem speed

Leschat, NiBitor 4.6 is out. Have you tried it?

Its working for my 9600m GT DDR3....

Logically, it should use similar BIOS, am I wrong?

The only difference is on the mem speed

Ofcourse i tried it,you can check it in topic. DDR3 and DDR2 are using different BIOS,moreover,in HP owners case, we got bigger problem - GPU BIOS is connected with Motherboard BIOS. Thats why HP owners are calmly waiting for new Release of BIOS(technician said ,they are going to do overclock support in next release) which apparently going to appear today.

Ofcourse i tried it,you can check it in topic. DDR3 and DDR2 are using different BIOS,moreover,in HP owners case, we got bigger problem - GPU BIOS is connected with Motherboard BIOS. Thats why HP owners are calmly waiting for new Release of BIOS(technician said ,they are going to do overclock support in next release) which apparently going to appear today.

and how can you possibliy know that? another mail from HP? well, i am waiting for your answer and from HP's :)

and how can you possibliy know that? another mail from HP? well, i am waiting for your answer and from HP's :)

If you would spend so much time on resolvin our problem as i ve done, you would say the same.Judge by yourself:

0. I ve got couple quiet experienced friends in hardware and Bios developement + great support of Russian tech prefessionals.

1. Nibitor creators said that idea about our BIOS(that they are connected).

2. File size of our GPU bios is 2 kb less than normal gpu Bios of our Card while dumping by RivaTuner.

3. By flashing MotherBoard BIOS for example from 0.5 to 0.9A ,you would see that GPU Bios is changing as well.

4. HP tech support said that they are deploying new Bios with Overclocking support, it means they are going to flash GPU Bios i suppose with Motherboard Bios.

I think its enough to conclude that Motherboard BIOS contains GPU BIOS and its connected with it. Unless we ll somehow obtain SDK for HP BIOS,we cant extract or change GPU BIOS,as its inside Motherboard BIOS.

Still,no changes on HP page.

If you would spend so much time on resolvin our problem as i ve done, you would say the same.Judge by yourself:

0. I ve got couple quiet experienced friends in hardware and Bios developement + great support of Russian tech prefessionals.

1. Nibitor creators said that idea about our BIOS(that they are connected).

2. File size of our GPU bios is 2 kb less than normal gpu Bios of our Card while dumping by RivaTuner.

3. By flashing MotherBoard BIOS for example from 0.5 to 0.9A ,you would see that GPU Bios is changing as well.

4. HP tech support said that they are deploying new Bios with Overclocking support, it means they are going to flash GPU Bios i suppose with Motherboard Bios.

I think its enough to conclude that Motherboard BIOS contains GPU BIOS and its connected with it. Unless we ll somehow obtain SDK for HP BIOS,we cant extract or change GPU BIOS,as its inside Motherboard BIOS.

Still,no changes on HP page.

hey mate, you have totally misunderstood me :)

i was just wondering about your statement about HP releasing the new BIOS today! :)

hey mate, you have totally misunderstood me :thumbsup:

i was just wondering about your statement about HP releasing the new BIOS today! :)

:) ohh...i didnt state,i just made an guess as BIOS download dissapeared from download page :P thats why i came to conclusion:

A. They are preparing to release new BIOS or B.They took it out to never update :P

ADDON

HEy guys,do you wanna Laugh? :rofl:

Here is i got a reply from HP about Missing BIOS download in download page(I hope you saw it once or twice in your life,that it exested):

"Aleksey, I would like to inform you that your HP Pavilion dv5-1048er Entertainment Notebook is one of the latest models released by HP and the BIOS update information for this model notebook is not yet updated on the driver. Once it is released, you can check if an updated BIOS is available for your notebook ."

Edited by leshcat

:) ohh...i didnt state,i just made an guess as BIOS download dissapeared from download page :) thats why i came to conclusion:

A. They are preparing to release new BIOS or B.They took it out to never update :P

ADDON

HEy guys,do you wanna Laugh? :P

Here is i got a reply from HP about Missing BIOS download in download page(I hope you saw it once or twice in your life,that it exested):

"Aleksey, I would like to inform you that your HP Pavilion dv5-1048er Entertainment Notebook is one of the latest models released by HP and the BIOS update information for this model notebook is not yet updated on the driver. Once it is released, you can check if an updated BIOS is available for your notebook ."

omg :|

sp40822.exe is F.0B REV A

Thanks.

Found interesting file sp40748. Its ROM update to F.12 ONLY for HP Pavilion dv7.

Its very strange update as it has not revision or pass state dated September 12, 2008.But this is what it fixes:

"- Adds support for new serial Intel Core2 Duo Processors.

- Sets the WLAN button LED to amber when the notebook is booted into DOS mode.

- Improves the security of pre-boot authentication (BIOS based) passwords by

clearing data from volatile memory.

- Modifies system thermal design to accomodate processors that require higher

temperature thresholds before automatically shutting down."

I strongly recommend NOT to flash it,if you do,i have no responsability about the Damage or Problems. All responsability would be on HP i guess..

also i found New drivers which are not listed on Download page,what a motherf*ckers :) :

ENE CIR Reciever:sp40661 ver 2.5.0.0 (on download page - 2.4.0.0)

Video Driver:sp40665 ver 7.15.11.7622 (on download page - 7.15.11.7588)

(For 9600GT, installer is now only 157 mb leight instead of 140mb.)

IDT High-Definition Audio CODEC Driver:sp40662 ver 6.10.6047.5 (on download page - 6.10.6017.13)

All stuff can be found here: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp40501-41000/

Checked all SP's here.Nothing interesting for us anymore.

Edited by leshcat

Man..... this topic has grown REALLY HUGE!!!! :)

Ofcourse. :) Basically, DDR3 users has nothing to worry about,its All About DDR2 version of 9600GT.