• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leshcat

• DextoR

• hasham

• Laptop2Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok, flash is done. no errors popped out.

and now.. rivatuner test. installing.. will keep updating.

EDIT

no luck. RT still sets back OC frequences.

Edited by DextoR

i am no expert in OC.. i will wait leshcat's opinion.

Edited by DextoR

Its fully Riva Tuner 2.11 malefunction. It just doesnt get our clocks well. But What about Ntune 6.03? Did you try it? :)

yep.. just tried and.. nothing. freezing still persists during install.

I tried Nvidia System Tools 6.03, it still freezes. Rivatuner 2.11 still detects wrong clocks. Nibitor 4.6 still gives BSOD

Guest martinkay

well then.. think we have to wait for software which takes advantage of "our" new bios...

ow and by the way, has anyone managed to OC CPUnit? and by "anyone" i mean dv5t users :)

Everything the same for me. Seem we "won" sh*t :)

+ i ve got new bug - cant control screen brightness. Is it only me?

The brigthness prb cud be due to u installing new non-WHQL drivers. It happnd to me with the 179.13 and rolled back to 178.13 and everything is f9

The brigthness prb cud be due to u installing new non-WHQL drivers. It happnd to me with the 179.13 and rolled back to 178.13 and everything is f9

Damn,i ve installed 179.13 :) thanks,that explains a lot.

Well...what can i say..reinstalled driver to 178.13 - everything is fine..

And about overclocking...why do i need that? For game run better,right?Lets check new games:

For now i am playing:

Far Cry 2:

All High on dx9 ,1024x768- smooth ,no lags or whatever.

Btw,for me game appeared unstandable.Awfully fast respawn of enemies makes me mad.Save anywhere + in safehouse is just stupid. Why do you need safehouse in this case,if you can save anywhere on the map?So i quit till new patch,which will reduse spawn of enemies.

Dead Space:

All max, 1280x800 - perfect speed,no lags or slowdowns.

This Game Rocks,astonishing,a model about "how horror should be done",no comments,exept maybe its important to watch movie (Dead Space - Dawnfall [DVD]) before playing.

Call of Duty 4:

All max,aa -4x, 1280x800 - Good speed,but slowdowns while in deep smoke.

Game Rocks,No comments,its better once to see than 7 times to hear.

So...for now standart clocks is enough as for notebook. But...but...it would be nice to overclock and gain 30% of speed for free :)

Edited by leshcat

Well...what can i say..reinstalled driver to 178.13 - everything is fine..

And about overclocking...why do i need that? For game run better,right?Lets check new games:

For now i am playing:

Far Cry 2:

All High on dx9 ,1024x768- smooth ,no lags or whatever.

Btw,for me game appeared unstandable.Awfully fast respawn of enemies makes me mad.Save anywhere + in safehouse is just stupid. Why do you need safehouse in this case,if you can save anywhere on the map?So i quit till new patch,which will reduse spawn of enemies.

Dead Space:

All max, 1280x800 - perfect speed,no lags or slowdowns.

This Game Rocks,astonishing,a model about "how horror should be done",no comments,exept maybe its important to watch movie (Dead Space - Dawnfall [DVD]) before playing.

Call of Duty 4:

All max,aa -4x, 1280x800 - Good speed,but slowdowns while in deep smoke.

Game Rocks,No comments,its better once to see than 7 times to hear.

So...for now standart clocks is enough as for notebook. But...but...it would be nice to overclock and gain 30% of speed for free :)

have you tried crysis? you can start cry then :)

have you tried crysis? you can start cry then :)

yeah,i tried...medium on 1280x800 seems go ok,at least playable.

yeah,i tried...medium on 1280x800 seems go ok,at least playable.

unfortunately for me its not like that.. well, if you are in a quiet area, it's about 30fps. but if there is lot of action fps rating lowers to 15 :)

First of all i want to give my thanks to leshcat :) and all his efforts to find a solution

I'm the new soldier in the DDr2 9600m army :)

I'll try to get some updates

thanks

First of all i want to give my thanks to leshcat :) and all his efforts to find a solution

I'm the new soldier in the DDr2 9600m army :P

thanks

HELLcome, brother :)

I'm the new soldier in the DDr2 9600m army :P

thanks

thanks :) but it wasnt only my initiative, DextoR and hasham helped me pretty much! Right now we are in the middle of nowhere: No normal BIOS or support from the side programs. I am planning to start new spam to HP about new normal working BIOS,you wanna join? :P

And ofcourse DextoR and hasham ,i am counting on you as well. Send them only emails, online techs dont know sh*t, with clear overview of history of our "overclocking".

thanks :) but it wasnt only my initiative, DextoR and hasham helped me pretty much! Right now we are in the middle of nowhere: No normal BIOS or support from the side programs. I am planning to start new spam to HP about new normal working BIOS,you wanna join? :)

And ofcourse DextoR and hasham ,i am counting on you as well. Send them only emails, online techs dont know sh*t, with clear overview of history of our "overclocking".

what about "normal working bios"? i have no complaints about the one they have released.. i can't say that i have noticed improvements, but i haven't noticed any problems relating to this!

what about "normal working bios"? i have no complaints about the one they have released.. i can't say that i have noticed improvements, but i haven't noticed any problems relating to this!

there is one problem- you still cant overclock,but they say we would be able to. Thats the problem :)

there is one problem- you still cant overclock,but they say we would be able to. Thats the problem :)

well, but the new BIOS works fine, except for the fact that doesn't allow overclocking :)

Where you got this info? When I had a chat with HP I was told that even the new BIOS does not support OC.

Where you got this info? When I had a chat with HP I was told that even the new BIOS does not support OC.

well.. they told us that that overclocking feature would have been included in the next BIOS release!

I would not rely to to Online Chat. Emails are better in HP's way. If you want some proof,read the topic and my posts.

Edited by leshcat