LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9600M GT Overclocking :O

eXceed

I tried the method with rivatuner several times. i found the place to set 0 to1 :) but that doesnt worked for me too. evry try to oc with a softwaretools failed for me. only flash the bios was the solution. :)

Can you fill up your profile details? Are you DDR2 or DDR3 user?

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leshcat

• DextoR

• hasham

• Laptop2Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope now you take all data you need! :)

Has anyone tried the high clock settings of 750/1700/950 on a 9600M GT stable?

so not DDR2 club though :) lucky ######.

This

But your clocks are much more than i reach! after several willy_nilly.gif times of testing and benchmarking (3dmark 06) i reached at 630core/1620shader/900mem my climax! when i tried your clocks it often hang my laptop. So what did you changed? only the stuff between the gpu-die and the cooling? ( idont find the word for this stuff)
sounds like these high clocks aren't working on every laptop model. Even though DRU-ROB seems to have the same Acer, he is not able to get these frequenzies stable. Maybe sv3az has tweaked his cooling.

Hello! I am new here. I've got an ACER 5930g with the 9600m gt ddr3 and i've tested what sv3eaz had explained. I've downloaded his "best.rom" with these frequencies : 700/950/1700. My laptop were freezing at the biginning (specially with 3dmark 06) BUT i've launched several games like crysis and ut3 during about 45 minutes. After that, i've launched 3dmark06 and this time it's working fine!(http://img2.hostingpics.net/pics/784584Score_3DMark06.jpg)

784584Score_3DMark06.jpg

Hello, I've got an acer 5930 too. I'm able to read my bios with gpu-z but I can't make a dos bootable usb-stick to flash the bios with nvflash.

Do I have to restart in dos or is it also possible in a dos-emulator?

Does someone have a link or can help me maybe with my little problem?

thanks,

joep

Hello, I've got an acer 5930 too. I'm able to read my bios with gpu-z but I can't make a dos bootable usb-stick to flash the bios with nvflash.

Do I have to restart in dos or is it also possible in a dos-emulator?

Does someone have a link or can help me maybe with my little problem?

thanks,

joep

Find external FDD or use HirenBoot CD.

@Leshcat

I tried the EnablePref thing with 177.83 drivers and still no joy. But I did find out tht using 177.83 i get 180 less marks in 3DMark06 when compared with 178.13. So 178.13 is definitely a boost.

I've uploaded a tool for creating a bootable USB Stick. Just install & run it, choose FAT32, check the Button "create a DOS startup disk" and enter the location of the extracted "Win98BootDisk" folder. This should work :)

BootDisk files

@Leshcat

I tried the EnablePref thing with 177.83 drivers and still no joy. But I did find out tht using 177.83 i get 180 less marks in 3DMark06 when compared with 178.13. So 178.13 is definitely a boost.

I see.As you i hope saw,support for our cards will be done in new release of NiBiTor :)

Fingers Crossed, also if NibiTor will have support in the new release, what can we do with tht software?? And is flashing GPU Bios really safe?

hi all.

first of all, sorry if my english is not perfect, i'm french.

So i have an acer 5930G with a p8400 an 9600GT ddr3.

With nibitor, i can read and save my orignial bios.

I can also change the core, memory an shader values and save into a new bios.

I can boot from a dvd to a dos mode.

And here is the probleme.

When i flash the bios with the new one, Nvflash tell me that my adapter id is not the same of the firmware id.

So i override that, and the bios flash succesfull.

But when i reboot, windows Start correctly an a few second after the desktop appear, i have a blue screen tell me that nv4disp.......

So i have to fash with my original bios and everything works fine.

Any idea of why my firmware id change alone?

thank you

Fingers Crossed, also if NibiTor will have support in the new release, what can we do with tht software?? And is flashing GPU Bios really safe?

We are -NOT- going to reflash the BIOS,thats the point,we ll change just clocks in our BIOs'es. So simple. :) without NiBiTOr support,we can only hope on HP BIOS update. But i would not hope for that.

Any idea of why my firmware id change alone?

I think is ok that driver reacts like that. You should try to delete it from safemode and reinstall.

Edited by leshcat

We are -NOT- going to reflash the BIOS,thats the point,we ll change just clocks in our BIOs'es. So simple. :) without NiBiTOr support,we can only hope on HP BIOS update. But i would not hope for that.

I sent an email to HP and got the answer that they have locked the BIOS on purpose. So an update is not comming from them. :)

I think is ok that driver reacts like that. You should try to delete it from safemode and reinstall.

you're right. i flash the bios, then restart in safe mode, uninstall driver. restart in normal mode, uninstall all nvidia tool, restart, and reinstall the drivers and now it's ok with 500/950/1700.

Bust the first try with 3Dmark make a black screen in middle of test.

will try with a game like grid.

thanks for your help

Hi guys!

I tested my settings in real games. They aren`t stable. i had to reduce them to 610/1630/890. with these setting i can play civilisation4 and hellgate london stable. 3dmark06 is also running stable on these settings. thats near 20% more clock and that is not such a bad setting for a laptop. i still dont know how clocks of 750/1750/950 can run that stable, that it not crashes by benchmarking. which change can make a laptop that it will be a cooling heaven :) after it?

Has anybody of you guys with the 5930G tried to overclock the cpu? i have not solved that problem.

I sent an email to HP and got the answer that they have locked the BIOS on purpose. So an update is not comming from them. :)

They really said like this? What a motherf*ckers! Thx for reply. Only hope on NibiTor.

you're right. i flash the bios, then restart in safe mode, uninstall driver. restart in normal mode, uninstall all nvidia tool, restart, and reinstall the drivers and now it's ok with 500/950/1700.

Bust the first try with 3Dmark make a black screen in middle of test.

will try with a game like grid.

thanks for your help

My pleasure. But be careful. Its nice to have so high clocks. but would not recommend rape videocard like that,bacause nVidia confessed that provided 30% of mobile chips with malefunctions. In list are 8400 M,8600 M and 9600M.

ADDON.

What if HP recieved this bad chips of 9600GT for example whitch had problems with memory and then decided lower clocks on MEM,and locked up GPU BIOS to Show DDR2 Type? It could be nice reason i suppose.

Edited by leshcat

since more one hour i play with grid on my hdtv in 1920X1080@60 and i have no problem. The temp is 86°C.

Very nice laptop :)

for the cpu, i never find how to overclok.

Hi guys!

I tested my settings in real games. They aren`t stable. i had to reduce them to 610/1630/890. with these setting i can play civilisation4 and hellgate london stable. 3dmark06 is also running stable on these settings. thats near 20% more clock and that is not such a bad setting for a laptop. i still dont know how clocks of 750/1750/950 can run that stable, that it not crashes by benchmarking. which change can make a laptop that it will be a cooling heaven :) after it?

Has anybody of you guys with the 5930G tried to overclock the cpu? i have not solved that problem.

About overlcoknig GPU. As far as i know,in general TOP chip(For example 9800M) is made on factory,then they are stress tested.If they do not pass stress test for TOP solution,its stressed to lower clocks and lower memory bus(was->256 going to be->128). If its passing,they mark it as for example 9700M and so on. So noone can predict Overclocking possibilities of each chip. Such Tactic gives less money spending and bigger profit.

I strongly recommend you NOT to overclock CPU . Its just useless,its laptop. Increase will be minimal and power consuption great.

Addon

I ll never get tired to write emails to HP tech support. I ll "spam" them till my new notebook.

Edited by leshcat

After overclocked in nTune - this overclocked works only in 3D ? Do you have normal clocks in 2D (long time work battery is very important for me in 2D)?

Edited by user5

Hey Guys! Post for HP users only.

I mailed them again and recieved interesting anwser:

"Please be informed that the BIOS version installed on the HP pavilion Notebooks is not having the option to Enable and disable the Overlocking feature.

However, based on the customers request that we are receiving we have already forwarded the issues to our Technical research team and they are working on it."

Hey Guys! Post for HP users only.

I mailed them again and recieved interesting anwser:

"Please be informed that the BIOS version installed on the HP pavilion Notebooks is not having the option to Enable and disable the Overlocking feature.

However, based on the customers request that we are receiving we have already forwarded the issues to our Technical research team and they are working on it."

this-is-amazing :)

Wow sum gud news, lets hope for a new BIOS rls soon :) :)

Edited by hasham

I overclocked my graphic card to 600/900/1500 mhz but it hasn't sense, I won't be overclock more. Now I have 6331 points and 3DMark06 and what ? If I overclock more I will have more points in 3DMark and what ?? 3DMark it is only 3DMark.

I checked in Crysis - I don't have more fps - why ? Processor of course. I have 4 GB RAM and good graphic card but processor only P8400 (as you I think) = 2.26 ghz. Processor is too weak. In games processor and RAM are VERY IMPORTANT (not only graphic card).

Overclocking this graphic card hasn't sense if you don't have better processor. You will have only more points in 3DMark and in GAMES YOU WILL HAVE THE SAME NUMBER OF FPS !! REALLY - you can check it.

Edited by user5

DDR2 OWNERS!

I ve got conformation on New overclocking BIOS support!:

"As we have already forwarded the issues to our Technical research team and HP is planning to add overclock feature in next release of BIOS."

:) :) :P