Top Posters In This Topic

• leshcat

• DextoR

• hasham

• Laptop2Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep. and we are growing rather impatient :/

In other words. please HP give us a new BIOS =)

LOL man, hats off to you guys for working so hard and pressing on under such uncertainty :) made me read through all the pages, even if HP doesn't release the bios you guys have won a victory in persevering.

I too am a recent owner of hp dv5, with 9600m gt ddr2, I think its a fine laptop and can do pretty much everything I throw at it, although I'll probably get a cooler for it because it runs hot :) If they do release the bios thank you guys in advance ^^

btw I've installed ubuntu with no problems on the hp dv5, but failed at windows XP / fedora, has anybody tried this? or tried installing mac os ? :P

...guys have won a victory in persevering.

btw I've installed ubuntu with no problems on the hp dv5, but failed at windows XP / fedora, has anybody tried this? or tried installing mac os ? :P

Thank you for support :)

As for OS's: I ve installed XP with no problems,but you have to integrate SATA driver in XP using Nlite :) as for Linux\Unix whatever systems,you should download new releases,as new Chip PM45 or something like still not supported in some releases of those systems.

As for Mac OS...Well,you should spend plenty of time on it,but at the end i think there is a possibility to install it and make it work. :P

I want to ask a question to dv5-1040 users.Is our notebook MXM capable?Thank you.

I want to ask a question to dv5-1040 users.Is our notebook MXM capable?Thank you.

That is wonderful question NightmareTR! try posting on MXM topic place,they reply us back :) and even if it is,i doubt it ll work,as BIOS of motherboard and GPU are linked.Or maybe it will...dont know :)

BTW, NVIDIA System Tools 6.03 + NVFLASH 5.67 were released. Anyone of HP users tried it ?

Edited by leshcat

BTW, NVIDIA System Tools 6.03 + NVFLASH 5.67 were released. Anyone of HP users tried it ?

gonna test asap.. thanks for info :)

EDIT: are you sure? in nvidia.it and nvidia.com i can see only v. 6.02!

Edited by DextoR

gonna test asap.. thanks for info :)

EDIT: are you sure? in nvidia.it and nvidia.com i can see only v. 6.02!

www.nvworld.ru on the left will be links :)

Anyone any luck with the new Nvidia System Tools??? Im too tired at the moment to try now, will do it 2mrw, post ur results people.

Anyone any luck with the new Nvidia System Tools??? Im too tired at the moment to try now, will do it 2mrw, post ur results people.

i wanna test too, but i need my laptop for university purposes atm, so i can't try new software right now, but will do asap!

anyway, new nvidia drivers, 180.20 Big Bang II :)

Hello once again HP users :P

Today i am with interesting part of chat with Online Support about HP missing BIOS section. Today ive got Willie tech assistant. :P

"

Leshcat:There IS no BIOS update on Download Page for my notebook,BUT it was there always!To prove this i can say that releases were: F.05 A,F.07 A,F.09 A,F.0B A.

Willie : Thank you for your time and patience. (Thats what i am doing for long time :) - Leshcat)

Willie : I have checked the specifications.

Leshcat: and?

Willie: AS this is a new model notebook, HP has not updated all the drivers.

Willie : If there are any new BIOS Update available, it will be updated.

Leshcat: Here is a link to the latest BIOS F.0B A ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp40501-41000/sp40822.exe

Leshcat: Can you understand me? It WAS ton download page,as latest release of BIOS in BIOS update,but suddenly it dissapeared.

Willie : I understand your point.

Willie : There might be some issues with that particular ftp link, so that might have disabled that for some. I recommend you to check for it after 1-2 business days.

Leshcat: I am checking it for 1 week. Still not changes

Leshcat: There are only two options:

1. HP site develepers made a mistake in Site Code and now its not showing BIOS update for my model.

2. I traveled in time and downloaded future updates.

In my opinion 1-st is more real

Willie : You can also submit your Feedback to the Webmaster.

Willie : https://h41268.www4.hp.com/live/index.aspx?qid=4016

Then Guy sent me an message that usually means disconnecting him from chat..and than suddenly made a joke of me(it seems they are actually still online after that):

Willie : Have a great time ahead. Bye.

Willie : I appreciate your troubleshooting skills.

Leshcat: :rofl:

Leshcat: thank you

Willie : Bye. Take Care.

Leshcat: Bye! :thumbsup:

"

So! What i am asking to do HP users: Use webmaster Link to send message about missing BIOS section to speed up fixing and proove that i am not alone:

https://h41268.www4.hp.com/live/index.aspx?qid=4016 :thumbsup: Report Back :)

done as you said! reported the missing BIOS and the fact that there is still a file in FTP folder!

i too reported the missing BIOS and the fact that there is still a file in the FTP-folder.

Edited by Janis

I did report as well. Just wait and hope for sum good news now :)

DextoR, Janis, hasham

Good job guys,now we are going to do what we can do best in this situation - Wait :)

So,anyone tried nVidiaSystemTools 6.03 and new nvflash?

Edited by leshcat

DextoR, Janis, hasham

Good job guys,now we are going to do what we can do best in this situation - Wait :)

So,anyone tried nVidiaSystemTools 6.03 and new nvflash?

i tried to use nvflash but he keeps telling me that i have to run the command in DOS mode.. but i'm running it through CMD so i think it's the same!

for nVidia System Tools.. well.. haven't had much time yet :)

...in DOS mode.. but i'm running it through CMD so i think it's the same!

emmm..actually,they are not the same at all...Vista doesnt have DOS,its just a terminal left. Actually,you should boot from DOS using for example HirenBoot CD in 'clean' dos.

emmm..actually,they are not the same at all...Vista doesnt have DOS,its just a terminal left. Actually,you should boot from DOS using for example HirenBoot CD in 'clean' dos.

i guessed it was something like that.. but i still don't know much about vista!

anyway, i'll see if i can work something out :)

Thanks eXceed, nTune rocks! :)

gpuz656961jpgD6NL8.jpg

69393dmark06656961jpgBO76W.jpg

2085o3marks656961jpgSKAK8.jpg

Finally I got the solution to OC my 9600m GT 512DDR3.

In the post of 9700m GT OC there was the method for Bios flashing, and it worked. Step by step rising the speed resulted an end result of 6965 point in 3dmark06 (SM2.0=2997, HDR=2729, CPU=2416)

My clocks are: core:720 , shader:1700, mem:980, CPU: 2.63Ghz (turbo enabled)

MSI GX720 rox

To do the flashing procedure takes 5 minutes all together, and works like charm. ALWAYS SAVE YOUR ORIGINAL BIOS FIRST !

By the way, my original 3dmark score was 5400 w/o any OC (not even CPU 15%)

In the post of 9700m GT OC there was the method for Bios flashing, and it worked. Step by step rising the speed resulted an end result of 6965 point in

Please,dont put salt on wound...

Also,i ve got email from HP about Missing BIOS Section.

"Thank you for contacting the Customer Care website. We are currently looking into the issue with the missing BIOS driver and I will contact you once I have received a resolution. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,

Sophia Melone

Feedback to Webmaster

E-mail Response Team

Hewlett-Packard Company

Product Support Division"

God Damnt,how are they going to fix that,if they dont know what are they talking about-"BIOS driver"?!..ohh..i am so tired to fight..

Edited by leshcat

Yea i got the same email earlier on today as well, lets see wat they do now

GUYS! We WON WE WON in BOTH Battles!F.0C A BIOS released,it can be downloaded on the download page!!

Moreover,here are the list of changes:

Updates NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT Video BIOS to version 62.94.1A.00.19.

Updates NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS Video BIOS to version 62.98.22.00.74.

Adds Intel Microcode 1067A to support Intel T9600, T9400, P8600, and P8400 Processors.

Be fast to download and test it :)

GUYS! We WON WE WON in BOTH Battles!F.0C A BIOS released,it can be downloaded on the download page!!

Moreover,here are the list of changes:

Updates NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT Video BIOS to version 62.94.1A.00.19.

Updates NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS Video BIOS to version 62.98.22.00.74.

Adds Intel Microcode 1067A to support Intel T9600, T9400, P8600, and P8400 Processors.

Be fast to download and test it :)

i can't believe it.. if it works.. we have really won our battle.. :)

gonna test it RIGHT NOW