LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba Qosmio - Triple Hybrid SLI

Nautis1100

Do you feel any change?? What about the sli management? Does it differ from your inf?? Keep us posted!!

Thanks

Is it worth the change??

Well I am at the uni so don't have that much time. I've got lots of work to do :/ . So as far as games and testing go I tested sc2 for 30 min sc conviction 10min and gta iv. Everything seems to be working the same way as it was with my inf. Don't know if it is worth changing it to that. It is stable but I didn't have problems with my inf as well. If I have some time tomorrow I will have a look at the new inf file. If u want u can try it out and let me know of ur thoughts. Up to now for me it is the same thing.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• judgment

• DemonikPanther

• Saguii

• Nautis1100

Guest MrMiklePower

Well after a 2-3hrs testing sc2 finally I have seen some black lines again in sli mode. The game plays smoothly and u get nearly doubled fps with sli on but u sometimes see the black lines. It hasn't crashed on me yet in sli but I prefer playing it in single gpu in high settings. Black lines can become annoying!

Hey,

I was wondering how you managed to enable sli in sc2 and get a higher fps? when i enable sli (alt. frame rendering 2) through control panel, its the same. I dont know why but enabling sli doesnt give me any more fps, plus i dont get black lines ever. and i have enabled the sli indicator and it appears in game, so im assuming its actually working.

Hey,

I was wondering how you managed to enable sli in sc2 and get a higher fps? when i enable sli (alt. frame rendering 2) through control panel, its the same. I dont know why but enabling sli doesnt give me any more fps, plus i dont get black lines ever. and i have enabled the sli indicator and it appears in game, so im assuming its actually working.

go to nvidia control panel.then manage 3d settings.program settings tab.select add and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\Base16755\SC2.exe

Click ok. Now from control panel choose alternative frame rendering 2. This should do the trick. When I am using the sli I never get lower than 40fps even when playing on 1680x1050. But I wouldn't recommend it since there are black lines due to sli. What forceware are you using? And which qosmio do u have?

Edited by judgment

Found a fix for sc2 in SLI!!! At least it worked for 1hr that I tested it. You have to use the latest driver 260.99 Then go to nvidia control panel.Manage 3d settings. Then programs. Add sc2 from the following place C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\Base16755\SC2.exe Now from settings select 1)multi display/mixed gpu performance selecte single display performance mode 2)power management mode select prefer maximum performance 3)sli rendering select alternative frame rendering 2 . This did the trick for me! No black lines no crashes and no bugs! FPS remain at 25fps lowest in SLI enabled! :) So it is playable on ultra! Except from textures to high since our graphics cards have only 512mb of vram! :) Anyone who tests it can tell me if that worked for them! I will do more testing of the game in the following days and let u know!

Actually I forgot to mention that you need to turn off the physx since this game is running on the havoc engine. So all the physx is done by the cpu not gpu. Go to nvidia control panel and select set sli physx and select the physx to cpu! That will do the trick! Enjoy a smooth game! :P Qosmio x300 old but still ownZ!

Forgot to mention I updated to bios 1.8

Edited by judgment

Guest MrMiklePower

go to nvidia control panel.then manage 3d settings.program settings tab.select add and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\Base16755\SC2.exe

Click ok. Now from control panel choose alternative frame rendering 2. This should do the trick. When I am using the sli I never get lower than 40fps even when playing on 1680x1050. But I wouldn't recommend it since there are black lines due to sli. What forceware are you using? And which qosmio do u have?

I am using the 260.99 drivers judgement supplied, and ive already added C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\Base16755\SC2.exe to control panel, and set it to alt frame rendering 2:/ when i change it to single gpu i seem to get about the same amount of frames as when it is set to sli. and ive never seen the black lines everyone is talking about when i set it to sli and ive owned the game for a good 2 weeks. i have a qosmio x305-q708 running on windows 7 ultimate. do you experience a fps boost when you enable sli? ive read on other threads that sc2 doesnt gain anny fps when sli or crossfire is enabled. thanks for the reply:)

I am using the 260.99 drivers judgement supplied, and ive already added C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Versions\Base16755\SC2.exe to control panel, and set it to alt frame rendering 2:/ when i change it to single gpu i seem to get about the same amount of frames as when it is set to sli. and ive never seen the black lines everyone is talking about when i set it to sli and ive owned the game for a good 2 weeks. i have a qosmio x305-q708 running on windows 7 ultimate. do you experience a fps boost when you enable sli? ive read on other threads that sc2 doesnt gain anny fps when sli or crossfire is enabled. thanks for the reply:)

Well I habe a desktop with a 9800gx2 and it doesnt gain many fps in sc2. I dont know why but our qosmio's do gain a lot. On single gpu I get 45-50fps and as low as 10fps. In sli I get 60fps and as low as 25fps.(I have the vsync enabled so my fps are maxed at 60). It is strange that you don't get any black lines but that is good for you. How many fps do you get?

anyone who know if qosmio x300 with nvidia motherboard can be upgraded with 9800m GTX in sli? (Clevo's or dell's m1730 or qosmio x300 with single 9800m gtx) ?? Thanks in advance!!

Edited by judgment

Well I habe a desktop with a 9800gx2 and it doesnt gain many fps in sc2. I dont know why but our qosmio's do gain a lot. On single gpu I get 45-50fps and as low as 10fps. In sli I get 60fps and as low as 25fps.(I have the vsync enabled so my fps are maxed at 60). It is strange that you don't get any black lines but that is good for you. How many fps do you get?

actually, i just checked my fps and they dont seem to be the problem. I get fps from 80-20, averaging about 50. But even though these fps are playable, i find that if i set most settings to ultra (shaders, lighting etc.), i find that the game becomes jerky, especially when scrolling over an expansion point or base. This happens even when my frames are high (around 50 or so) and is stopping me from just setting everything besides textures to ultra:/ does this mean the cpu is limiting? thanks:)

actually, i just checked my fps and they dont seem to be the problem. I get fps from 80-20, averaging about 50. But even though these fps are playable, i find that if i set most settings to ultra (shaders, lighting etc.), i find that the game becomes jerky, especially when scrolling over an expansion point or base. This happens even when my frames are high (around 50 or so) and is stopping me from just setting everything besides textures to ultra:/ does this mean the cpu is limiting? thanks:)

Enable vsync. When u get more than 60fps the scrolling is not smooth. I have everything on ultra and vsync on and I get most of the time 55-60fps. I only get 20fps when the screen is full of zergs etc. Big fights..

Enable vsync. When u get more than 60fps the scrolling is not smooth. I have everything on ultra and vsync on and I get most of the time 55-60fps. I only get 20fps when the screen is full of zergs etc. Big fights..

everything looks good:) thanks for the help hey!

everything looks good:) thanks for the help hey!

np man! Which drivers do u use and with which inf file?

Edited by judgment

np man! Which drivers do u use and with which inf file?

using the INF JLS3232 provided with 260.99 drivers

I would love to know why these driver work for you guys and not mine. I can not for the life of me get these to work for me. I can do the same thing that you do judgement and they do not work. The only thing right now that is the difference is the fact that I am on vista 64 bit. The original drivers from toshiba work, but none of the games will run sli.

Well I got it to work but only with single GPU setting instead of alt 2

Edited by DemonikPanther

Guest qosmio x300 14m

I would love to know why these driver work for you guys and not mine. I can not for the life of me get these to work for me. I can do the same thing that you do judgement and they do not work. The only thing right now that is the difference is the fact that I am on vista 64 bit. The original drivers from toshiba work, but none of the games will run sli.

Well I got it to work but only with single GPU setting instead of alt 2

why not install a different version of windows 7?

I have the ultimate version instead of homepremium and the driver is working at it´s best!

I remember that I saw in a forum a guy that fitted a clevo 9800m gtx in his intel based chipset in his qosmio x300. Clevo based 9800m gtx have the slot for sli cable. So it might be possible to put 2 of them in the nvidia based qosmio x300. If any can say for sure that u can or can't install 2 clevo based 9800m gtx in the qosmio x300 with the nvidia chipset please reply!!

Even if this upgrade is possible how much would the gain between 9800m GTS SLI VS 9800m GTX SLI be ? toshiba's 9800m GTS SLI have turbocache so they can get nearly up to 2gb vram from ddr3 ram of the laptop which is quite fast at 1066mhz and having 8gb ram I dont thing the 512mb extra vram of 9800m gtx will make a big difference. Can anyone tell me if there will be any performance increase in games? I know that 9800m gtx has nearly double the pipelines of a 9800m gts but they are in lower mhz. So can anyone tell me if there will be an increase? Thx in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Qosmio X305-Q706 with the following video cards:

NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&SUBSYS_FF001179

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&CC_0300

NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&CC_030200

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&CC_0302

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0862&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_B1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0862&SUBSYS_FF001179

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0862&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0862&CC_0300

When I download the 258.96 drivers, copy the INF file and try to install, I get the following error message:

"The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

Any ideas?

Guest judgment

I have a Qosmio X305-Q706 with the following video cards:

NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&CC_0300

NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&CC_030200

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0628&CC_0302

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0862&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_B1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0862&SUBSYS_FF001179

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0862&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0862&CC_0300

When I download the 258.96 drivers, copy the INF file and try to install, I get the following error message:

"The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

Any ideas?

Try the 260.99 that I modified. It seems to work fine for most people. I have been using it for nearly a month with no problems..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Judgement, I have a question for you.

I have read you overclocked your dual 9800m gts. As I saw, you just overclocked the core and shaders, but not the memories. I did that too, since I am unable to overclock the card's memory without getting crashes ingame or in 3dMark.

Can you overclock the memories to say 900mhz and run a 3dMark Vantage without getting crashes?

:) Sorry guys.. not dead just a busy few months. I am playing catchup on all of my modding ventures so hopefully I will be able to get back to the Qosmio soon. :)

Hello Judgement, I have a question for you.

I have read you overclocked your dual 9800m gts. As I saw, you just overclocked the core and shaders, but not the memories. I did that too, since I am unable to overclock the card's memory without getting crashes ingame or in 3dMark.

Can you overclock the memories to say 900mhz and run a 3dMark Vantage without getting crashes?

Not possible since I dont have 3d mark vantage. I have the free version which only allows 1 test. I can test it with 3dmark06 if u want though. Just let me know of the clocks u want me to run at. The problem is that even after overclock I dont gain anything.. Only with a cpu overclock my 3dmark06 score rises..

Not possible since I dont have 3d mark vantage. I have the free version which only allows 1 test. I can test it with 3dmark06 if u want though. Just let me know of the clocks u want me to run at. The problem is that even after overclock I dont gain anything.. Only with a cpu overclock my 3dmark06 score rises..

£DMark06 with memories at 900mhz will be fine too. I just need to know if you get crashes, since I do :|

£DMark06 with memories at 900mhz will be fine too. I just need to know if you get crashes, since I do :|

Tried at 900 mhz bt at the end of the 1st test my pc hang up and the drivers stoped working. Dont know if its the new drivers or it is because of overclock.

Tried at 900 mhz bt at the end of the 1st test my pc hang up and the drivers stoped working. Dont know if its the new drivers or it is because of overclock.

That's the same thing happening to me, even if I overclock it to 850mhz. It hungs up and sometimes I can get back to desktop, sometimes I can't and am forced to reboot. It's strange since one friend of mine with dual 9800's and Q9000 (x300-15u) can overclock its memory to 920 mhz.

That's the same thing happening to me, even if I overclock it to 850mhz. It hungs up and sometimes I can get back to desktop, sometimes I can't and am forced to reboot. It's strange since one friend of mine with dual 9800's and Q9000 (x300-15u) can overclock its memory to 920 mhz.

Well I have kind of messed up a bit with my drivers! On saturday I will be back home. I will do a clean install and try again! I will let u know!

SC2 and qosmio x300 only fix is disabling SLI through 3d manager.. Something is wrong with the power management of our laptops I suppose...

Edited by judgment