LaptopVideo2Go Forums

cPax v1.000 | Synaptics cPad Enhancement tool

sn0wl

Isn't the cPad with cPax the most wonderful "detail" ever in Notebook world? :)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sn0wl

• ®®®

• smax

• TheRealBeezle

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank to you people, for encouraging me to make this application. I was to make just a clock application. How would I think to do something like this; this is my very first program, ? :) I was happy just because I could compile the supplied cPad SDK examples :) I'm very very glad that I'm getting those nice comments ^_^

I needed to carry around the Laptop when visiting customers of mine in the recent days and i was waked up :) by the alarm sound when battery went low. That feature is also very nice. It worked great. A question: the alarm time (%) takes place and is derived according to the Alarm Settings in Toshiba PowerSaver/Windows Energy Settings ?

Great! I really hate the usual low battery warnings, thats why I thought it would be nice to add it to cPax, a real warning :)

Values are retrieved from system, not anything related to Toshiba. Also alarm is triggered at %10, thats fixed in cPax.

I'm currently working on cPax Revised Beta 10. This time I'm rewritting general working algorithm of the core application to make it more stable, code friendly for me for future updates and get rid of flickering problem as much as I can. Also you gave me the idea of using a different sound for battery alarm and alarm level % setting.

Anything else you want to mention? You told about Mediamonkey or something like that working with cPax winamp control, I'm confused about it. I programmed it to find any winamp instance up to v3 and give it basic play/stop commands and retrive current playing title. Does getting title also with the application you mentioned?

10% fixed. Ah that explains it. Currently my settings are also at 10% for Low battery (thats why i thought) and 3% for critical (enough time to end all apps & shut it down manually).

What is the flickering problem?

MediaMonkey.com (free all in one music app). It's compatible and also usable with WinAmp as player (or use the own internal one, which i use). Skins are also compatible with WinAmp and i think the palyer commands too. Anyways it just works :) Except that the player buttons in cPax/cPad for "last track" and "stop" directly lay where the corners are: Synaptics WindowsStart (down left)and minimize (down right) is curretnly configured here. But i can live with this :)

Flickering problem; http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....indpost&p=13587

About track and stop buttons, I can't seem to override these tap locations (do you remember if the original cPad application could? The ones in SDK can't seem to do so. If so I'll search deeply).

I remember there was a big X in the top right corner of the cPad application launcher to end the "menu" it shows on the cPad, but i don't remember if i had enabled the corner buttons, but i think: yes it should be possible. Like i said it's not important for me, maybe if you really have spare time & it bugs you extrememly you can investigate it :) Stop and last track is rarely used by me :) my playlist just runs and runs and runs, no need to stop nice music.

Guest emmanuel

:) i like your program but a olso like the old cpad app

you chould do something like the calculator that realy youses the cpad

also the winamp buttons are youseless sinds we have already media buttons and i like the icons in the old seapad so i could have lots more programs

wat would make me realy happy is that together with the clock the name of the song end artist together with a progress barr would be visual

thanks anyway

i like the batchfile of rrr i look at it and finaly found how to get something from the regestry this is for my unattended cd

so now i can refur to the original source cd without checking the drive

thx

:) :P :(

Glad you like it, spread the word.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dalix

I liked the program but I missed my old cPad apps like the signature and stickynote as well as the calculator and most especially the keypad. If you could bring those back that would be fantastic. Also, the tap zones like and the virtual scrolling. A way to add the tap zone icons and the virtual scroll bars would be nice. And someone mentioned pulling track info from winamp, that would be hugely cool! I know there are programs that can pull and put that information into profiles and journals online. A customizable scrolling marquee would be cool too. Or maybe you could have the option of having the scrolling marquee or song information.

Sorry for all the suggestions, I just love the idea and have always wanted something like it for my cPad. cPads seem so rare, I've yet to see one on a newer laptop. What happened? They are such a great idea! I uninstalled the program for now because I really do use the keypad a lot. I know that's all a lot to think about but thanks for even trying to write software for the cPad, you're awesome!

I liked the program but I missed my old cPad apps like the signature and stickynote as well as the calculator and most especially the keypad. If you could bring those back that would be fantastic. Also, the tap zones like and the virtual scrolling. A way to add the tap zone icons and the virtual scroll bars would be nice. And someone mentioned pulling track info from winamp, that would be hugely cool! I know there are programs that can pull and put that information into profiles and journals online. A customizable scrolling marquee would be cool too. Or maybe you could have the option of having the scrolling marquee or song information.
Sounds like what you are looking for is the original cPad application :) cPax one is not an alternative for it, it is for users not using those applications (like me, which I find mostly useless and just for showoff purposes) and wants more helpful things like battery info and alarm, clock etc. I'll think about adding current song text to main screen and add marque if I can.
Sorry for all the suggestions, I just love the idea and have always wanted something like it for my cPad. cPads seem so rare, I've yet to see one on a newer laptop. What happened? They are such a great idea! I uninstalled the program for now because I really do use the keypad a lot. I know that's all a lot to think about but thanks for even trying to write software for the cPad, you're awesome!

You are always welcome to make suggestions! I love my cPad as well and want to make more use of it.

Thanks to you for your feedback, I wish it was possible to use both applications but due to some weird driver conflict and no source code for original applications it seems very hard to achieve now. Maybe through some driver hacking ... Can Pieter also edit Synaptics drivers? www.cpaddrivers2go.com and cVision forum! :)

Guest dalix

Tell you what, if you get the current song from winamp and that marquee going and I'll dump the original cPad program. Besides, I do so love to show off my cPad. Thanks a lot!

Here you go Dalix, enjoy Beta 10.

Guest dalix

Wonderful! I'm hooked! Thank you so much! Now between cPax and RemoteX I can play a fullscreen game and control winamp as well as see the name of the song playing. This calls for a celebration. I showed my roommates and they are quite jealous. Thanks so much for cPax!

Guest Nethog

Hi all!

Must add my praise for the cpax. Great looking app. Only one complaint really (or two):

vertical scrolling doesn't work in firefox (which is bad enough that I will uninstall cpax :) ). Second thing is that some of the apps in the "original" cpad control app are really nice (like the calculator). Would it be possible to link these up in some way?

Well, that's my two cents I guess.

Thanks again for a nice app!

/Nethog

Welcome Dalix and StoneRoses.

vertical scrolling doesn't work in firefox (which is bad enough that I will uninstall cpax  )
This was mentioned earlier in this topic and it's something to do with Synaptics drivers, not cPax. I use Opera, scrolling was not working either, I played with scrolling settings (control panel) and after a few toggles, apply and save button clicks, it suddenly decided to work and working perfect now. It also works fine generally. :)

I just tried Firefox and like you said, it doesn't work and behaves just as same as before when Opera scrolling wasn't working. It's really strange and I hope Synaptics fixes that in next driver release.

Second thing is that some of the apps in the "original" cpad control app are really nice (like the calculator). Would it be possible to link these up in some way?

This was also mentioned and somehow old cPad applications don't work with new driver and I can't recompile them since they are not open-source. Only way seems to be implement them by myself :) or a way to make old applications work with new drivers.

Guest StevoBrooks

Finally had a chance to try out cPax today, pretty cool stuff! :)

Program launcher so superior to the icon arrangement in the orginal application

Do miss the icons to show the tap and scrolling zones. I used them all the time until the problem I mention bellow cropped up :P : page up and down along the right side, page back top left and maximize window bottom left. Of course I know they are there, just a handy reminder for friends when they come over, and for me when my brain gets twisted up :)

I'm not in the military so the 24 hour time format not to handy for me, assume you plan to add a 12 vs. 24 toggle in the future

Interface to move the different indicators around a dream, everyone should do it this way

Thanks for taking the time to put together cPax. I always thought the cPad one of the coolest things on my machine, can surf and zip up and down pages without hardly raising my finger from the pad. Seemed the original application didn't take advantage of the display capabilities, relegating it to toy status in many people's eyes. Hopefully this will change thanks to cPax

Hoping fellow cPad users can offer me some advice. For a while now my cPad acting up. Often times it doesn't recongnize taps and other times the pointer jumps all over the screen instead of following my finger. When this started, well over a year ago, I played around with various driver versions and settings, but nothing helped. Finally started using an external USB mouse. I miss using my cPad a lot and would love to go back to using it full time, any ideas?

BTW I've sometimes wondered if adding the external mouse may have made things worse, I've noticed some people refering to a Toshiba application to pick between the mouse and pad, but my 5105-S607 didn't come w/ one. Do I need to add this and if so where would I find it? Thanks

Is there any way you can make it backwards compatible with animations from the old cPad program? I know you redid the ones originally packaged with it, but I made my own animation a while back and I don't want to have to rename all ~250 frames of it.

scottchen, scrolling with Synaptics drivers is weird. Sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

StevoBrooks, thanks!

Do miss the icons to show the tap and scrolling zones. I used them all the time until the problem I mention bellow cropped up  : page up and down along the right side, page back top left and maximize window bottom left. Of course I know they are there, just a handy reminder for friends when they come over, and for me when my brain gets twisted up
A quick way to do it is making as a wallpaper I think. Sorry but I'm not intending to add this to cPax.
I'm not in the military so the 24 hour time format not to handy for me, assume you plan to add a 12 vs. 24 toggle in the future

I will try to add the feature in next release.

Hoping fellow cPad users can offer me some advice. For a while now my cPad acting up. Often times it doesn't recongnize taps and other times the pointer jumps all over the screen instead of following my finger. When this started, well over a year ago, I played around with various driver versions and settings, but nothing helped. Finally started using an external USB mouse. I miss using my cPad a lot and would love to go back to using it full time, any ideas?
Maybe you should try Safe Mode and see if anything is different, maybe some driver/software conflict? Or worse a hardware problem ..
Is there any way you can make it backwards compatible with animations from the old cPad program? I know you redid the ones originally packaged with it, but I made my own animation a while back and I don't want to have to rename all ~250 frames of it.

Here; http://www.gibconnect.com/~skye/aksu/AniNameConv.rar

Just put togerher in a hurry for you. Put all animations in a folder (make a backup just in case) and browse the first bmp file. I couldn't test it fully but it should do the trick.

...I made my own animation a while back and I don't want to have to rename all ~250 frames of it.

smax, i would love to see what you created there :) . That's an animation in the classic sense ...250 frames :)

Do you mind to post a sreenshot?

That file renamer only works up to frame 72 and doesn't stop after that.

I guess I'll get to renaming the rest and post both versions.

Anyway, it's based on a picture ( http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/13943540/ ) that my friend did. I animated the guy falling down the screen then flashed the quote on the screen.

That file renamer only works up to frame 72 and doesn't stop after that.

Strange, it works here without any problems (tested up to 250 frames). :) Maybe a bug because of name. I can try if you send it to me.