LaptopVideo2Go Forums

cPax v1.000 | Synaptics cPad Enhancement tool

sn0wl

Guest StevoBrooks

smax I see you have the 5205-S119. I nearly bought one of those, but money tight at the time Toshiba offered it. Are the specs right that it has a mic. built into the top of the screen? Would have worked out cool if they could have squeezed a web cam in there to.

I gather they didn't make a lot of these machines, seemed they only offered it on the website. Last of a great line and for a very good price as I recall.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sn0wl

• ®®®

• smax

• TheRealBeezle

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I have the last model of the 5200 series (P4M-2.4Ghz,512MB,64MB GFXGO5600, 80GB HD, and yeah internal mic on screen that rules!) , which I still love and think the design is VERY cool. Looks like a car when lid is closed :) I remember reading somewhere American version of this was lacking cPad but having internal TV tuner in style bay instead. I bought this computer nearly 2 years ago and it's still one of the high-spec computers around in my opinion. Only if it had 128mb graphics card ...

sn0wl, I did try Safe mode briefly, cPad seemed OK. Will try again to give a longer test, since the problem has a time element to it, and report back
If your touchpad works in safe mode nicely then it's a driver/software conflict. Maybe you should fresh install your system, I guess it has been a while. Or at least uninstall all mouse related stuff, restart and install again but best is fresh install i think.
On the cPax front an idea hit me today. I run my taskbar down the left side w/ all my main programs represented by icons grouped by type in toolbars, can lauch them w/ one click, yet the icons big enough I can still see them on a 1600x1200 screen. Keeps the desktop clear and uncluttered. The clock along with the day and date take up 2 lines worth of space at the bottom. The clock covered in cPax now, but not the date. Any thoughts of adding that to?

So you also want date info to be shown? Hmm, will think about it.

smax I see you have the 5205-S119. I nearly bought one of those, but money tight at the time Toshiba offered it. Are the specs right that it has a mic. built into the top of the screen? Would have worked out cool if they could have squeezed a web cam in there to.

I gather they didn't make a lot of these machines, seemed they only offered it on the website. Last of a great line and for a very good price as I recall.

Yup, it has the microphone. It's got pretty much all the lastest stuff in the 520x series.

And you're right, it was a good price, comparatively at least. $1350 for everything over <---- thattaway.

Oh wait, I did buy 256 MB more memory though.

Does scrolling work for anyone in Firefox?

Guest StevoBrooks

When I first saw the S119 on the Toshiba site I took a look at the detailed specs and saw the reference to the built in mic. I've always wondered about that seeing that they didn't advertise the feature in any way. Cool to see they really did put one in, a great idea.

Looking back, trading up to the S119 would have made sense, had I known Toshiba planning to phase out the series I would have given it more serious consideration. All in all though I'm still happy with my S607. It serves me very well. Mechanically it's holding up great, aside from the left speaker losing about 1/2 it's normal volume, have thought about ordering one, but I usually run the sound through my stereo, so it's not a big deal.

I keep on eye on the new machines as they hit the market, like the new Dell XPS units. Wouldn't mind the bigger screen, but they don't have the optical S/PDIF output which I use when I play DVD's, instead they make you use that big fan out adapter to access the composite video and coaxial S/PDIF output. The first XPS absolutely huge and I gather hot to, looks like they've worked hard on the gen 2 model to pull out some of the weight and make it run cooler. None of the new Toshiba models have appealed to me so far and they've gotten away from the 1600 x 1200 screens to, one of the biggest reasons I got my S607 in the first place; along w/ the sub-woofer, cPad and S/PDIF output.

I know my trusty blue friend will start to show it's age one day, hopefully a suitable replacement will present itself before then. The 5105 and 5205 series machine very unique, a real find. Even close to 3 years after buying mine I still turn heads when I take it somewhere and set it up.

I've fiddled around w/ my cPad problem some more, have three sets of drivers/applications now, stock w/ my machine, Rene's newest Toshiba version and sn0wl's cPax version. My cPad works the same w/ all of them, no tapping. Running in or out of safe mode has no effect. However when I remove the Synaptics driver the cPad works terrific, complete w/ tapping, but of course less the corner tap zones and scroll zones.

I dug through the registry some, a lot of Synaptic stuff still lurking about, including references to one particular driver version. Wonder if maybe I've got part of an old driver that didn't fully uninstall? Perhaps an e-mail to Synaptics would garner some tips on what keys to look for, kind of like the manual removal instructions Norton provides for when their uninstaller drops the ball.

Thanks for the suggestion sn0wl that I try a clean install. Guess on principle I'm hesitant to do that, thinking it shouldn't take all that to fix a touchpad problem, but maybe it will come to that.

Concerning your problem: I read about the problem now. If i understand it correct you're not able to move the mouse pointer without those 'jumps' and tapping works terrible.

I have also attached an external (optical) USB mouse without any Logitech/Microsoft mouseware and like you also found out these work great even without such drivers installed. If you got a MX700 or the like with 100s of buttons, then it's recommended to install the drivers for it to take full control of the huge amount of buttons. But for a 3,4,5 buttons mouse, default XP drivers do a great job (most of the time).

What i suspect is a long time usage of your OS and a bad device installation @ some time earlier which resides in your Hardware Database. Pls. read here, to see what effects this can have:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=6996

Analog what i proposed for CraigCorp, do the following:

1. apply this enhancement for viewing phantom devices in the Device Manager: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=646

2. Uninstall ANY mouseware, Synaptics and cPad driver (dont' forget to backup your pictures or anything) with the Add/Remove Software Control Panel

3. Before the Reboot make sure you only have one Hardware Profile active

4. Unplug your external mouse & Reboot in Safe Boot

5. Open up the deviceManager and remove all "phantom devices"

6. Open regedit and search for "syn" (Synaptics), "cPad", "mouse" (or "Logitech" or your Mouse Vendor), try to remove the entries (hopefully you know what can be removed and what not)

for example all subfolders in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics can be removed and even the Synaptics folder itself too.

RED: can be removed

GREEN: don't remove that!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{GUID}\0000 or 0001 or 0002 etc.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\HID\Vid_xxx&Pid_xxxx

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\Vid_xxx&Pid_xxxx

and analog to the 3 examples above, remove here too:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet00X\Control\Class\{GUID}\0000 or 0001 or 0002 etc.

Beware: using REGEDIT in Safe Mode can be pain, due to missing Video (GUI drawing) performance.

If you can't remove an entry you need to rightclick the folder and give Yourself/Administrator the rights to do so (FullControl) :)

7. then reboot again to normal XP mode and install Synaptics 7.12.7 or the new one i found (did it work? Has somebody tested it?)

8. reboot and 'install' cPax :)

9. test everything

10. Plug in your external mouse

The whole procedure almost always works great in pratical usage for all device installation problems. It seems a bit drastic and exaggarated, but it works.

If that doesn't work then it's really time for a new install :P

There's one exception: NETWORK CARDS. This procedure is not recommended for these.

Guest dalix

Sn0wl, what about a numerical value for the animation speed in the gui instead of the slider or the manual setting in the .cps file? You probably already thought of that for the next release but I thought I'd show my support for it anyway.

On a different note, I finally figured out how to make decent wallpapers for the cPad! I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. But anyway, I made like 10 last night with plans to make more. Would anyone be interested in them? Some are copyrighted images so if I put them here they are for my own "backup" purposes. I'm also thinking about making a second set with the virtual scroll bars drawn on but only if people want them. I'm not going to bother myself because I know where they are. The tap zone icons would be no good because everyone has different ones. Anyway, just wondering.

Interested in your animations/wallpapers, interested too in the scrolling zone wallpapers.

Copyright? Disney pictures?

Does scrolling work for anyone in Firefox?
It didn't work here, even with those new HP drivers.
7. then reboot again to normal XP mode and install Synaptics 7.12.7 or the new one i found (did it work? Has somebody tested it?)

I tested and posted inf to make it work somewhere up. I saw no difference than Opera stopped working but it might be because of hacked ini. Will reinstall 7.12.7.

Sn0wl, what about a numerical value for the animation speed in the gui instead of the slider or the manual setting in the .cps file? You probably already thought of that for the next release but I thought I'd show my support for it anyway.

Do you think that's really needed ? :\

And for pictures yeah I guess we should have them (especially I would like scrolling zone background to be bundled with cPax).

Guest dalix

Is it really needed? No. But animators might like it if you could have it set for frames per second or at least show the numerical value above the slider.

I had another idea! What if you added a randomize/rotate utility for the wallpapers? I know I keep hitting you with stuff, sorry. But a wallpaper randomizer could change it every few minutes. You could mod the code you used for animating it. I guess I could rename all my wallpapers as I would an animation and manually set the animation speed for ridiculously slow. But then the text would scroll horribly slow too right? Anyway, wallpaper randomizer/cycler would be very cool. If you're sick of my ideas just send me a nasty letter or something.

For the backgrounds, I would like to use the look of the original Synaptics virtual scrolling bars. They wouldn't actually be functional because they would just be drawn onto the wallpaper (just so everyone knows). But the scroll zones should be there with cPax unless you turned them off. Anyhow, I'm going to get to it. If anyone would like to see particular images as wallpaper just let me know. Maybe I should just write a tutorial for making the wallpapers...

I'll think about your suggestions dalix, thanks and please keep them coming! :)

Also about scrolling issue, I made a little search on net. Installing this driver solved Firefox scrolling problem, but still no luck for Opera (I even installed my previous drivers but like I said before, strangely it works no more :P )

ftp://ftp.synaptics.com/pub/drivers/US7_8_10W2K.zip

Also Synaptics keeps a ftp site with old drivers :)

ftp://ftp.synaptics.com/pub/drivers/

Found info from http://www.notebookreview.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8368

I'd be glad if you do some research on them, now let me go finish my studies ...

Guest StevoBrooks

Rene, thanks for the detailed instructions. Wow! :)

Reading item 3) brought back a memory. :( A while back (like over a year ago) I tried setting up a second hardware profile, something didn't go right and I ended up w/ a bunch of profiles I couldn't remove. I looked all over for help and found a MS KB article about blank profiles showing up in the list. When I checked the registry keys listed in the article they said I should see profiles listed 0001, 0002, ... I had three 0001, 0002, 917760. After a bit of fussing I got back to where I could boot w/ out having to pick a profile every time, but suspected things still not quite right.

I've fiddled around some more this afternoon and think I've gotten rid of the 917760 entry, but something still messed up. When I go to hardware profiles it shows one entry, but the down arrow key active. When I click on it a bunch of nonsense entries show up. Thinking something still not quite right in one of my registry keys and it's mucking up the process of determing the available profiles. Wondered if you could copy your HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet key so I could compare it to mine? The MS article said to check the Control\IDConfigDB and HardwareProfiles subkeys. Do you know of any others?

I followed the rest of the steps and did indeed find a bunch of phantom mice and HID devices. All gone now. :P I can navigate the registry no problem, and am always eager to learn more about the registry, but am far from a pro in terms of knowing whats safe to remove and what must stay, so I only removed the red entries you gave in your example. Any tips on other keys I need to look at?

So far no change on the cPad, no tapping when I install the Synaptics drivers. While looking through the regisrty I found the configuration settings, nothing jumped out as a culprit. Intresting all the hidden settings panels in the Synaptics control panel, like the one for the stick, touch stick I assume and another one for 2 and 3 finger gestures :(

Currently running w/o the drivers. Two days now and no problems other than terribly missing the scrolling and tap zones. At least I know the hardware not to blame. :)

When I go to hardware profiles it shows one entry,
thats ok, there should be a default entry: Profile1 (current)
but the down arrow key active.
strange!
check the Control\IDConfigDB and HardwareProfiles subkeys. Do you know of any others?
No, that's it. Try searching for "917760", which you probably have already done... Also strange that the your new profile was not named 0002, but 917760!!
did indeed find a bunch of phantom mice and HID devices.
Just want to note, that this is not necessarily bad, but happens if you plugin your external mouse to the different USB ports on the 5x05 Laptop, but trying for a clean install from scratch of Synaptics driver/cPad these all should be removed
So far no change on the cPad, no tapping when I install the Synaptics drivers.
a vocabulary question: 'tapping' means only hitting the cPad with a finger. It does not include moving the finger :) , right?

You have removed the full folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics (as it holds the settings) not only it's subfolder HKLM\Software\Synaptics\cPad?

Here's another key, which must be removed HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics, generally entries in any of the 'Software' branches can be safely removed, if you want a clean uninstall: for example HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-XX-Credential number\Software\Synaptics

Also HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{2060435E-AB52-49E1-A2EA-5D31645887CF}(or any ClassID, where you find something Synaptics related)\InprocServer32:

standard: C:\windows \system32\synctrl.dll or SynCom.dll or SynTPCpl etc. <-Synaptics related, so the ClassID folder can be removed

Just search for Synaptics or Syn (<- beware there are other entries in the registry like "mobsync", don't delete that).

Guest StevoBrooks

Thanks for the added info on which keys to remove I'll take a crack at it.

When I say tapping I mean lightly tapping the cPad to act as a left click, double tap to act as a double click. At this point, w/ the Synaptics drivers, the cPad won't recognize any kind of taps, not even to select the cPaxSet program. When I refer to scrolling I mean running my finger along the right side or along the bottom to immitate the action of the scroll bars. This works properly, cool how the new driver puts up that little scroll pointer so you can tell when it kicks in.

Ya you're right I did search for 917760, doesn't show up anywhere else. It's been a while, but I remember copying profile 1 to make a 2nd profile like the MS directions indicate, then experimenting w/ the second hardware profile, and coming to realize it wouldn't do what I wanted (can't remember what I wanted to do :) ). Came to discover everytime I booted I had to pick a profile since I now had two, so deleted the 2nd one to put me back to orginal condition. Something went wrong while deleting the 2nd profile, machine locked up right in the middle of the process. Ended up w/ the strange 917760 entry.

Just to make sure we have things straight this how my CurrentControlSet looks (>'s are spaces)

IDConFigDB

>Alias

>>0001

>CurrentDockInfo

>HardwareProfile

>>0001

HardwareProfiles

>0001

>Current

What's the Alias entry for? I originally had a bunch of these entries that pointed to non-existent profiles, the 0001 entry remaining points to the 0001 HardwareProfile. Our machines don't have docks, do they always show docking info. anyway?

Thanks for all your help on this, fun to work w/ someone who understands the details of how the Registry works. :)

sn0wl, i had regmon from sysinternals running and found cPax had no problems with the Registry except this:

OpenKey HKCR\Paint.Picture\ScriptEngine NOT FOUND
This happens every second or more. Just so you know.
cool how the new driver puts up that little scroll pointer so you can tell when it kicks in.
me too :)
It's been a while, but I remember copying profile 1 to make a 2nd profile like the MS directions indicate, then experimenting w/ the second hardware profile, and coming to realize it wouldn't do what I wanted (can't remember what I wanted to do  ). Came to discover everytime I booted I had to pick a profile since I now had two, so deleted the 2nd one to put me back to orginal condition.
EXACTLY how i experienced that, though it was some years ago. As i'm boottime obsessed this was not what i wanted.

I will export this branch for you and then you can compare. But first i need to reload my IMAGE from the OS-partition, to have assured you get the working entries.

sn0wl, i had regmon from sysinternals running and found cPax had no problems with the Registry except this:

It's not something I did, maybe of SDK's? I ll examine it more thanks.

Also I found another weird driver which makes it possible to run both original cPad application and cPax! Indeed they conflict but they both work. Please help me work on this driver and maybe I'll be able to make cPax compatible with original cPad application. Firefox scrolling also works.

Here is the driver http://w-uh.com/download/synaptics_touchpad_7.5.3.zip

There is a problem anyway(and that's why i need help). At startup cPax runs and you can see cPad application working on background as well when you push middle button, in the blink of an eye (that's the conflict). Fine so far but when you close cPax and run again, it crashes. The only way to use cPax again is to restart. I have been trying many Synaptics driver recently and all those might be because of coincidende so please give any feedback you can about this so we can maybe use both applications at one (which would be nice indeed).

Thanks.

Currently i don't have the time to more test drivers, sorry i'm out here.

Though i would be interested in what you did to the Synaptics INF you posted like 20 posts above (if possible detailed description :) )

Also i have a goodie here for you, that is lying around on my HD for quite some time. I found it as i just doublechecked if any old Synaptics driver is lying around on my HD. But there aren't. I deleted all (at least 5) of them, as i found out v7.12.7 works fine for me.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/rrr/pdfs/cpad_pb.pdf

14DLs

Guest StevoBrooks

Hey Rene,

One problem down, one to go.

Got to the bottom of the tapping problem, the PalmCheck slider set too high. Yup the PalmCheck slider. I've never needed PalmCheck since my palms get no where the cPad, so I hadn't paid it any attention, but it occured to me tonight I should see if fiddling w/ it had any effect. The default setting quite high, sure enough setting the slider all the way to the left restored the tapping function.

I actually thought everything peachy, but while typing this post the jittery pointer problem has returned. I see know what's happening. Somehow the cPad loosing it's sense of center. The panel that lets you set the scroll zones also has little arrows along the sides that show your present finger postion. Somehow the cPad's center reference getting offset a good bit to the right and up some to. So if I put my finger down in the center it actually shows up about 1/3 over to the right and up a notch or two. The net effect of all this that when I touch the pad the pointer moves to the left about 2 inches, and then jumps back over when I release my finger, makes it very hard to select a box!! It also makes the right scroll zone about three times wider than normal, and the bottom scroll zone inaccessable.

Hmmm. I'll try sending an e-mail to Synaptics and see if I get anywhere. Unless you have any more ideas I've think I've scrubbed the directory about as clean as I can get it in terms of mouse and cPad drivers.

Still would appreciate a look at your keys for the hardware profile, if it's not too much trouble, so I can compare them to mine and see if I can straighten that little problem out.

A bit frustrating to have spent so much time messing w/ the registry to find it a simple adjustment in the control panel, then again I learned a lot, so not such a bad deal all around.

What about trying out the default button in the Synaptics Control Panel? This should restore the values if have accidentically used 'extreme' values. Which is the same effect like uninstalling and cleaning the Registry from Synaptics settings and installing new :)

Anyways glad you can 'tap' around again now!

Somehow the cPad loosing it's sense of center. .......
Indeed that's a strange effect. No idea here (except reinstall if you haven't already). Which version do you use?

Here are the exported registry settings of:

1. HKLM_S_CCS_C_IDConfigDB

2. HKLM_S_CCS_Hardware Profiles (another one i forgot to mention)

Dont merge it (especially the second one), just compare and then see what can be applied to you.

I recommend the use of ccleaner.com for the CleanUp up your 'three-years-in-use-OS'.

HKLM_S_CCS_C_IDConfigDB.reg

HKLM_S_CCS_Hardware_Profiles.reg

Though i would be interested in what you did to the Synaptics INF you posted like 20 posts above (if possible detailed description  )

Just compared inf with generic synaptics one and replaced all hp related parts with generics and I guess they became nearly the same.

Guest StevoBrooks

Howdy Rene and sn0wl,

Rene, thanks for the tip on CCleaner, I recently downloaded it, just havn't had a chance to sit down and take it for a spin.

My IDConfigDB and HardwareProfile sections both missing the 0000 entries. Restoring those has fixed the problem, no more phantom entries. As a check on this I set the delay to pick a profile to 5 sec., nothing came up during boot so it looks like I really only have one profile now. Hurray :)

I'm using cPax w/ the 7.12.7 driver, the off center problem will just pop up out of the blue, can happen after 5 min. or 5 hours, no telling. When it does, only a reboot seems to help. I tried reseting defaults in the cPad properties opening screen several times before I tried moving the PalmCheck slider, seems the high PalmCheck setting is the default.

I've noticed while poking around in the registry that the 7.3.0.4 driver makes the following entries in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Defaults

"UseFIFO"=dword:00000001

"AutoRecalibration"=dword:00000000

"AutoRecalibrationRotBug"=dword:00000001

Perhaps my problem occurs when the cPad decides to recalibrate itself? If the problem continues I'll try adding these entries and see if anything changes

sn0wl, enjoying cPax a lot. :) While poking around I noticed something I thought you might find helpful. In 7.3.0.4 clicking the show tap and scroll zones button changes the following key in HKU\S-1-5-21-...-1005\Software\Synaptics\SynTPEnh\cPad

"OverlapZoneImages"=dword:00000001

When I changed this entry manually nothing happened until I disabled and then re-enabled the cPad at which time the graphics for the scroll and tap zones would appear (1) or disappear (0)

This key still appears in 7.12.7 except they've moved it up one level, its set to 1 by default, but abviously does't make the graphics for the tap and scroll zones appear, which leads me to an another observation ...

Also in the HKLM set of keys there's a set of keys at the bottom of the list under the heading SynTPPlugIns, each has a number that corresponds to the different tap zones functions listed in the HKU keys for the particular user, the various entries also refer to bitmap numbers. Perhaps the ability to display the scroll zone and tap zone icons already built in, you just have to know how to activate it?

BTW sn0wl, I don't recognize the flag, what country you hail from?

Believe it or not, it's ALL about SynTPEnh.exe!

I made lots of research today and finally concluded the difference in each driver is more or less about SynTPEnh in C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP dir. Even original cPad applications depend on it. You know why original applications don't work with new drivers? I have a theory ...

Ok first you can get original cPad applications working with all drivers if you kill SynTPEnh.exe application running in background. You can also use cPax etc but by killing it, you will lose touchpad location functionality which means no scrolling, no tap zones etc. After you kill SynTPEnh, just go C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\cPad\AppLauncher and open something, calc2.exe for example to get your little nice calculator application. So far so nice but problem comes with new drivers - or should I say new SynTPEnh.exe ...

Synaptics drivers 7.5.3 (which I posted above) and below are compatible with original cPad application. You can even use original applications by using SynTPEnh.exe version 7.5.3 which you can copy from driver installation directory, but when you use it with different drivers version installed, it nags you about some compability (something like WHQL for XP) issues but runs OK. By doing this I used original cPad applications with Synaptics 7.12.7 and SynTPEnh 7.5.3, neat. Maybe we can disable nagging if it checks for a registry entry.

Now next thing is why new SynTPEnh.exe applications are NOT compatible with original cPad application. The problem is mostly about acquiring touchpads input events. When I used SynTPEnh 7.5.3 and opened cPax, everything works fine BUT without functionality - no scrolling and tap zones! Closing cPax gives input events back to SynTPEnh.exe and functionalities work OK. So my theory is to overcome this problem, they made SynTPEnh.exe also acquire input events. Thats why you can use functionality with cPax with new drivers but making this, somehow, caused a confliction with original cPad applications (maybe because they were made with older SDK?). Try to open StickyNote.exe from your cPad folder; it will tell that it couldn't acquire cPad screen and wants us to close any application that might be using it - which is SynTPEnh.exe. Close it and problem is gone.

That's what I wanted to tell about drivers compability with cPad application. I hope these are useful informantion.

Now about scrolling - guess what is it all about? SynTPEnh again! Doing some search on net I could finally fix my Opera problem! Check out SynTPEnh.ini file in C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP folder and you will see some application names and some hex values. These are for scrolling compatibility. I read somewhere to add this line for Opera;

[Opera8]

WT = "*Opera*"

SF = 0x10000000

SF |= 0x00004000

Did what it said, restarted SynTPEnh and Opera scrolling now works like a charm. The reason of no scrolling after updating drivers is that Opera actually adds this entry to that ini file while installing but when you update driver after installing Opera, well, ini is replaced and entry is gone so scrolling no more. I think same goes for Firefox.

Lastly I will tell me current configuration. I installed Synaptics driver 7.8.10 (which is I posted above), edited SynTPEnh.ini by mixing with new drivers and now it has support for new applications as well like iTunes and still compatible with Opera, Firefox etc. The reason I installed 7.8.10 instead of 7.12.7 is I found that SynTPEnh.exe 7.8.10 scrolling style is nicer. In 7.12.7 it feels a bit different, showing a scrolling cursor etc. I could install 7.12.7 and copy SynTPEnh.exe 7.8.10 but that will show a nag screen like I told.

Those are the stuff I found out.

StevoBrooks, I'm glad you mostly fixed your problem! And for scrolling and tap zone icons, they will need SynTPEnh.exe 7.5.3 or something to work since SynTPEnh provides the main screen for original cPad application (that's really interesting isn't it? I ask myself so why new SynTPEnh.exe files don't provide this? I think thats because only Toshiba uses (as far as we know) cPad and because of that, Synaptics wants us to use old Toshiba related Synaptics drivers since they don't care about cPads anymore and maybe removed support for it because of the input acquire problem problem with those old original cPad application). Those are my theories/results.

And I'm from Türkiye :)

Go Galatasary Istanbul, go! :)

interesting. Too much for me in the middle of the night.

So the driver everybody should use with cPax (plus old cPad application) is the 7.5.3 one? As it has best compatibilty with Toshiba...

:)

Great post.