LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Battlefield 2 - a suggestion which driver to use

Bill

i think forceware 84.25 is the best driver for BF2, (go6800, OC to 380/760, orginal VBIOS) [4585 points = 3dmark05] [[patch 1.4 Rules (fastest patch ever etc)]]

Edited by mattias

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill

• Night Fire

• Fabrice Roux

• ggtronic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, Road to Jalalabad is a cool map. Quite fun when the MECs can hold off the Americans in their base, and they can't break out.

• 3 weeks later...

BF2 is the best multiplayer experience i`v ever had compare to any games i`v try

(GHOST RECON,MOH,COD 1 and 2,FARCRY,RAVENSHIELD,UT (2003),HL2.............)

Having acces to all of these transport equipement is really fun ! and map size and

location are the best to help bad player like me :) + there way to keep

statistics and rank is a good reward . In fact , BF2 is one big reason why i own

a gaming laptop !

so its normal that people still trying to make it work !

--one of my bugs is the patching system, wich cant properly patch ALL the files it need

(have to borrow somebody else complete BF2 folder )

--i can run this games with evey max video settings available with both my ATi X850XT desktop

and my mobile GO7900GS ( but i always stay at 1024X768 since most of these games where

desighn in this size , if you go higner , the GPU is doing scalling to fill the screen... LOL and

i cant see any improvent over that res. )with my i8600+FX5650,every single video setting have

to stay at its minimum.

i`m now patch with 1.4 ,(nice new map!) and the game is perfect with my ATi ( didnt play that much yet with

my 7900... ) the patch before (1.3) was really bad for most of NVIDIA, because 3 of my BF2

friends where having multiple crash with there NVIDIA card , but not me with my ATi...

and all of these NVIDIA player are now OK...

i`m now looking for a good driver for that BF2 to fit with my 7900GS ( actually run with DELL

original 8429... and its working well for HL2, COD2 and BF2 )

Edited by ggtronic

actually , the original DELL driver work like a charm with

my config ! ( 8429 ). the game is 100% fluid ! no lag at all

i average 95 FPS ! with all detail at MAX.

BF2%20detail.JPG

watch my Road to Jalalabad demo video here: ( running FRAPS.COM+the games really push your

machine to its edge ! ). WMV compress the capture to 640X480, but original

file is crystal clear...

http://ggtronic.dyndns.org/~ggtronic/i9400...20commander.wmv

http://www.fraps.com/

Edited by ggtronic

I moved the Stats thingies to the Offtopic section... because it badly slipped offtopic.

You can follow the new thread here.

Yeah, was wondering if it was slipping a bit..

But, with Battlefield 2142 on the way in the next few days, we should crack open a new thread, and let this one become an unpinned one.

i heard some bad news about BF 2142, hope its not true.

What do you think about this two Swedish girls, niiiiiccccce !

Edited by mattias

night fire

2142 wont be that much popular ( not so far...)

i take many 100s hours to get a nice profile , and

many will stck with BF2 for some time...

+2142 will requier more GPU and CPU (its not everbody

that can follow techs upgrade $ )

+science fiction/future environement are not everybodys taste...(HALO games...)

So , lets keep that 14000+thread where it belong !

Sorry Fabrice about BF2 stats . i dont see anyware that you are a

moderator ?

Edited by ggtronic

Sorry Fabrice about BF2 stats . i dont see anyware that you are a moderator ?

Top right link My assistant / The moderating team... you'll end up on this page.

• 2 months later...

16000 reads !

i`m curious to see when BF2142 thread will match this :)

BF2 still the best multiplayer games ever (my opinion)

thanks to http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum...opic.php?t=1030

i now run the game wide with my laptop (no extra content, just resize )

for those that are looking for a good mod for this game:

http://www.realitymod.com/

Hey, i've tried everything on this forum and i keep getting the same problem during startup, that it goes from a black screen to the desktop. I use a hp dv5000t notebook, with ample hardware, at least i thought. i have 2 gigs of ram, 2ghz processor, geforce go 7400( updated drivers to 77.62). i tried changing the video.con folder in the 2 ways described in the link on your first post. any suggestions would be appreciated. - I'm getting the same problem of the Nvidia driver on the BF2 startup page not being able to be installed, even with the 77.62 driver w/ your inf file " The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware setup, setup will now exit "

Thanks

-Almana

Edited by Almana

Give it a crack with one of the newer drivers, like 97.44. I think that the older INF file with the 77.62 doesn't have support for the newer 7400 or higher video cards.

Thats reason behind the " The Nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware setup, setup will now exit " message.

Let us know how you get on.

• 1 month later...

hello i have problem with this supa game... i have geforce go 7300 1 gb ram and centrino duo intel t2300 and after few minutes of gamepalynig i have crash and game throw me to black screen what should i do i cant instal 77. 50 drivers i use 84 25 and i have this problems somebothy can help

Edited by wlodi

Try manually updating your punkbuster files.

http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloads/windows/pbsetup.exe

Go here, and download the file, pop it into a directory and run it. Select all the games you own from the list (like Battlefield 2), and click Check For Updates. Both BF2 and BF2142 have had an update in the past week or so.

In fact, I recommend everyone does this, for both Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142. I think Punkbuster does update in game, but doesn't hurt to run this once a week or so, just to make sure you are up to date.

Let me know how this goes. The only other thing I can think of, is uninstalling the game (and the demo if you have it installed), then reinstalling, and applying the latest patch (1.4).

ok i update punkbuster and earlier i reinstaled game twice soo... it dosent resolve the problem F@&*!!!!! Any other ideas??? meby drivers to grabhis ???

OK, well yip I would try another set of drivers.

I have a 7800gtx, and I'm running the 90 series drivers fine. So, considering you have a 7300, I would give them a crack.

Download http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/95series/9792.exe these, and download this http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/95serie...nf/nv4_disp.inf .

Extract the 9792 files, and then copy and write the above .inf file over the original one. The standard .inf files DOES NOT support Mobile Graphics cards, however the one linked above does. The newer drivers should have better support and performance for your card.

Also, if you are overclocking, try not doing this as this could be causing a problem. Its fine for me, but others have had a problem with it.

hmm....f@k it doesnt work..omg.. but :) .... now i can play 1 h without crash ..after 1 h crash..always heh can somebody help... omg!

1 hour is getting better! :) Does it do the same thing when it crashes? I have had a few crashes to the desktop after playing for a while.. it can either be a bug in the game, or maybe your pc is overheating?

overheating impossible... because i don't use any overclock programs and i have crash again after 15minutes of gamepayin omg what should i do hhmmm.. and i sand e-mail to ea where i describe this problem and they don t respond ........hmmm interesting....... vary f@cking funny ea!!!! Only me have this problem... who have 7300 go and like to playin bt 2?.... please don't tell me that i waste my money!!!!

And yes.... always after crash i have black screen and computer don't respond and i can only restart this s***..

Edited by wlodi

overheating impossible... because i don't use any overclock programs and i have crash again after 15minutes of gamepayin omg what should i do hhmmm.. and i sand e-mail to ea where i describe this problem and they don t respond ........hmmm interesting.......

Wow, can ya cut down on the dirty words there a bit...lol...

You don't have to be overclocking to have overheating. Check your cooling, check your drivers, reinstall the game, check that it's up to date on the patching. If it still continues then i would suggest trying the game in compatibility mode. I used to have that crashing issue, so i reformatted, never had it again.

By the way, that's an aweful(in a good way) lot of video ram ya got there, shouldn't be having crashing issues, but that just shows that it's probably not a video issue at all. :)

AND IF ALL THAT FAILS.........SEND A MAIL TO EA AND DICE AND TELL THEM IF THEY DON"T FIX IT, YOU AREN"T GOING TO BUY ANYMORE EA PRODUCTS!!!.....but then again i guess they won't care much :P :) :P

Edited by Area51m-7700

Hello

I wrote i reinstall game twice maybe more.. i formated Hd... i have .. i have 50 C temperature of my graphics i normal but i don't now what temperature i have when i play... EA don t respond its sad but true..... i have 1024 Ram in my laptop.. and 512 Turbo cache v ram but my graphics only have 256 or 128.. i don't know exactly

I have 1.4 patch .. i check a lot of driver and its happening the same = crash after 15 minutes

Edited by wlodi

• 5 months later...