LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v77.70, v77.72, v77.74, v77.76, v77.77, v77.79 9X/ME, XP 32bit, XP 64bit | NV

®®®

Has anyone encountered any improvments in game performance with this new driver on 64mb laptops? The 72.14s I am now using have been the last ones to give decent performance in games.

Thanks

Could you help me with a question of 72.14? On nvidia website, it seems that only the driver is designed for the Window Media Center and your OS is winXP. But it still works? I have a very similar laptop but my cpu is only 1.5G. :)

Thanks,

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• mobilenvidia

• LSudlow

• Bill

Guest Zero Cool X

Hi, i installed the 77.76 version cause i found it to be faster than other versions i have tested, but recently i got a problem where 4 out of 5 times i turn my laptop off, i get an error when the shutting down screen appears. This error is from the application nvsvc32.exe, and it says the memory could not be read. also, almost everytime i restarted my laptop it wouldn't recognize my video card. i reformatted my laptop, and now it has no problems with the video card, but the error keeps coming. i wonder if there's any way to solve this. btw, my laptop is an Area-51m 7700 with the GeForce Go 6800 with DDR3

Guest Guest

Hi, is it possible to get opengl working so I can play Jedi Academy or any other OpenGL game with any of the 64 bit drivers installed from this site? With 71.84 and 77.77, when I try to start the game it says: 'cannot load opengl subsystem' or something

Help is appreciated

Guest BOYMBOY

Okey, bare with me because I'm no pro in these things. I have Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M3438G (Centrino, WinXP Home SP2, nVIDIA 6800GO 256MB DDR1) notebook. I want to update the Forceware.

Question 1: I've heard a lot of good things of Forceware 77.70 GO. Is it true that you don't need to download the 'INF' file with this FW because isn't the driver already compatible with notebook GPUs (hence the GO)?

Question 2: In your opinion which of the 77.7x series is most stable, secure and fast to be used with 6800GO? I know I should just test different FWs but I really want your opinion. Oh, and I know that if I decide to get 77.56 or 77.77 or 80.40 and so on, I must download the 'INF' file.

Hi, i installed the 77.76 version cause i found it to be faster than other versions i have tested, but recently i got a problem where 4 out of 5 times i turn my laptop off, i get an error when the shutting down screen appears. This error is from the application nvsvc32.exe, and it says the memory could not be read. also, almost everytime i restarted my laptop it wouldn't recognize my video card. i reformatted my laptop, and now it has no problems with the video card, but the error keeps coming. i wonder if there's any way to solve this. btw, my laptop is an Area-51m 7700 with the GeForce Go 6800 with DDR3

There's been a few of us (51m owners) bitchin' about the latest 77.7x drivers. I've found the last stable driver to be the 77.72 official release from Nvidia. You'll have to replace the nv4_disp.inf file that comes with it, and chage it to one modded for the go series. Hope that helps.

Nvidia have released the WHQL 77.77 drivers on their site. Thought you should know.

Thank you! :)

Has anyone encountered any improvments in game performance with this new driver on 64mb laptops? The 72.14s I am now using have been the last ones to give decent performance in games.

Thanks

Could you help me with a question of 72.14? On nvidia website, it seems that only the driver is designed for the Window Media Center and your OS is winXP. But it still works? I have a very similar laptop but my cpu is only 1.5G. :)

Thanks,

Yep, 72.14s work with XP Pro as well. These seem to be the last ones that NVidia has released that have decent performance in games and all the driver components work properly on my Dell.

Guest zoeckler

I am having the same issue with the error shutting down and nvsvc32.exe. Has anyone found a solution? How widespread is this? I have a Dell 9300. The only good thing is that I dont see any negative impact of the error, cuz the driver works fine until I try to shut down the laptop.

I am having the same issue with the error shutting down and nvsvc32.exe. Has anyone found a solution? How widespread is this? I have a Dell 9300. The only good thing is that I dont see any negative impact of the error, cuz the driver works fine until I try to shut down the laptop.

I asked over at laptopforums, and here was the answer:

goto: run

type: services.msc

scroll down to nvidia display driver service.

Stop that service then disable it.

You error on shut down will go away.

I have not tried it yet, because I am worried that it is a necessary process, but at least one other person has done it with no side effects (other than the error going away).

The 77.77 download link doesn't seem to work!

Also, is the 77.77 driver updated to the new (original) one ? (when it will be online again)

thx!

Guest Demetris

Hello. I've tried drivers 77.72, 77.76 and 77.77, all with their modified INFs on my laptop pc which is an Asus Z71V with an 128mb nvidia geforce go 6600 and everytime i am shutting down my pc i get the same error message from windows:

nvsvc32.exe - Application error

The instruction at "0X00407146" referenced memory at "0X00000008".

The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program.

Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

I've tried installing the old driver supplied to me by Asus, i think it was v71.13, and i don't get that error.

Do you think there is anything i can do to resolve this error?

I'd like to thank you in advance for your replies.

I think you can safely disable that service and the message won't come up, their were some recent topics/posts about this in the past week.

You should try a clean driver install, and go search for the topic, I will post a link if I have time to find the said topic(s).

Edit: Link is in ®®®'s post below mine. ( :) Rene)

No, WHQL means it was certified to be an official release. Nothing is different.

There is no need to update at all, the driver is only WHQL for desktop machines.

And all that is different is, Microsoft added a digital certificate to say they tested it.

The driver is the same as before, just now WHQL for most desktop GPU's

If you already have this installed just leave it.

Enjoy

......thanks a lot for offering this great service. i was searching like crazy to find a new driver for my Geforce Go 6600 ( driver 67.70 was installed, dated 11.2004). now i have installed the 77.70 (downloaded from your site) and it works great! the 3d rendering (i do lots of..) works better now

thanks again.... :)

Can yu pls. provide a link where to get your original 67.70 driver off from ACER#s support site/FTP?

when i try to reboot my pc

always popup a error messeng about "nvsvc32" error

77.77 with Pieter's mobile INF

5600go

xp sp2

.....i also have 77.77 running on my Geforce Go 6600 - and got the same error by shutting down XP. you just have to stop and deactivate the "NVIDIA Display Driver Service" to prevent the error msg. stopping the service isn't lacking the grafic-performance......

If i rememebr correct in older drivers nvsvc32 is responsible for rememerbering your color/brightness/gamma etc. settings and clock frequencies i think and i doubt they have changed that, so disableing is not quite the best way.