LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.09 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA, CRYSIS

mobilenvidia

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sgtmatt1

• Charles-0100

• EVO21

• debaucher

By and large the best driver for the Lenovo T61P with FX570M!!!!!!!!!!!!

- no longer disables Nvidia panel settings when waking up from sleep or screen saver, which led to washed out color settings (all other drivers did)

- keeps full screen video streaming when monitors are in dual view (all other drivers took the full screen off as soon as you acted on the other screen)

THANK YOU! (and please keep these fixes in subsequent builds)

Edited by pro101

Guest KENOBI_v1s
hello!

ive got an asus v1s with gf 8600m gt in it

tried playing crysis with 4 different drivers now, including this one

everything works fine till after ~5min. of playing the screen turns into strange colors

and the notebook crashes completely and reboots....

is this a driver or heat problem?

mate i have multiple problems with v1s heat isnt the major this laptop is NOT recomended to anyone GFX lagging on any driver i try i suspect HDD but there could be more to it all

my question to you is Does your power brick gets HOT and lite on it changes to yellowish from green? if yes then ASUS is making bad lappies if no then i got dud

regards

hello!

ive got an asus v1s with gf 8600m gt in it

tried playing crysis with 4 different drivers now, including this one

everything works fine till after ~5min. of playing the screen turns into strange colors

and the notebook crashes completely and reboots....

is this a driver or heat problem?

It could be both. If the laptop shuts down, then it's probably because the gpu is overheating.

And the overheating problem can be caused by bad drivers, otherwise the gpu would just throttle the speed to cool down.

Try 165.01. Those worked well for me.

Hi guys,

It seems that I cannot use the 169.09 driver. I was using 169.04 for my Dell M1730 notebook. After I update the driver to 169.09, other things seem fine and I can play Crisis normally. However, when I turn off my computer and turn it on the next day, I couldn't start Windows Vista (Home Premium 32-bit). My laptop was giving me a black screen. So I had to go to safe mode to uninstall the 169.09 and install 169.04. Anyone knows why I'm having this problem?

Thanks!

Edited by apprenticepeng

Hi!

Sorry for my english!

I want to install forceware 169.x on my laptop with 8600M GT, and i use the

modded inf - but this don't work for me.

My Os: Vista x86 SP1

Only works Forceware - Xtreme-G 163.67

My hardware ID's: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_002514C0&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_002514C0

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&CC_0300

Reference(?) ID's: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300

PCI\VEN_10DE

PCI\CC_030000

PCI\CC_0300

Maybe somebody help me?

hmm...got a funny thing going on, it installed (.09) without problem, but it resets my clockspeed way low (200) but my memory clock way high (800). then i overclocked it, but using the harware monitoring in rivatuner i can see how it sets new settings to my clockspeed and mem clockspeed like each 20 seconds, from up high to really low...so weird, anyone have an idea?

Also, I have a 8600m gt 512mb and wondering what settings you ppl push the overclock to but still stable? i set the clock speed to 610 (default 475) and the mem clockspeed to 480 (default 400)...is this ok?

oh, and it says its DDR3 memory, but shouldnt it have higher mem clockspeed? (700)

alot of questions, so glad if i can get some answers :)

Hi guys,

It seems that I cannot use the 169.09 driver. I was using 169.04 for my Dell M1730 notebook. After I update the driver to 169.09, other things seem fine and I can play Crisis normally. However, when I turn off my computer and turn it on the next day, I couldn't start Windows Vista (Home Premium 32-bit). My laptop was giving me a black screen. So I had to go to safe mode to uninstall the 169.09 and install 169.04. Anyone knows why I'm having this problem?

Thanks!

Hello there!

I have exactly the same problem with my XPS (same model as yours). I posted on another forum but didn't get a reponse.

I then found that a way around it is to start up using battery power only, then switch on at the mains as soon as vista has loaded - not satisfactory I know, but thought you may be interested.

It's certainly driver related as it's only 169.09 that causes it, but I have no idea of the exact reason for this. Perhaps it has something to do with SLI and/or the screen res when loading vista. I notice that there are various screens available for the 1730, some are LG, some Sharp, some Dell's own, perhaps only certain users are affected. In any case, I hope it's fixed in the next release!

Hi guys,

Thanks!

the new driver (169.12) fix this problem(I think that this is hibrenit prob) it's known problem and that why the new driver made for.

Edited by Barvazon

the new driver (169.12) fix this problem(I think that this is hibrenit prob) it's known problem and that why the new driver made for.

I've tried the 169.12 driver....the problem still exists.... :)

Tested with my laptop. Works great with SLI enabled. Ocationally frame drops, runs well with games.

Do these all 16*.** drivers support openGL?

• 2 weeks later...

i have installed this driver but it is still lagging in fifa 08...any suggestions??

• 2 weeks later...

Having problems with my 8600M GS...

I had some problems getting audio over HDMI, but this driver fixed it, the only problem now, is that HD-DVD's won't run in Cyberlink PowerDVD for some reason.

In 162.22 they did... But I didn't get any audio then, and the TV was recognized as DVI, not HDMI.

What can I do to make the 169.09 work as it does, with just one tiny adjustment that makes it run PowerDVD?

Works on hp dv9500, 8600M gs, vista :)

On my DV9575 I can't get Cyberlink PowerDVD to work with HD-DVDs? Says that the driver needs to be updated or something..

Please help me on this one!

is the driver link broken?

im getting blank page all the time (tried from sometime this morning untill now o.0) :)

Works Like a Charm - No Problem

i have acer aspire 5920g with Nvidia 8600M GT, are these drivers good for me ?

can anyone explain me how to install them ?

please i want to see the true power of this vga

Yes they should work. Download the Driver package and extract it to a folder. Then download the modded inf and copy it into the driver folder. Replace the old file.

Run setup.exe and install as normal. If windows asks about unsigned drivers say Install Anyway.

Hope this helps

CHada

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...