LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9600M GT Overclocking :O

eXceed

Hi,

i also own an Acer Aspire 5930 ddr3, up to now i was only able to overclock the shader clock (1650 mhz without Artefacts), core and memory are locked by factory defaults. So if u say that the newest version of Nibitor supports the ddr3 model of the 9600m gt, i'm gonna try to use the new bios settings :)

I'm just wondering if these high clocks "650mhz core / 1650 shader / 950 memory" are working for most of the games without artefacts and of course wether the gpu is not getting too hot. Whereas only overclocking my shader clock didn't let raise the gpu temps so much...

Sh2

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leshcat

• DextoR

• hasham

• Laptop2Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I modded it with NIBITOR 4.6 and so far i have test it with :FURMARK -ATITOOL and in games with COD2/COD4 - COMPANY OF HEROS (both dx9/dx10) .

Runs only 5c hoter from defult bios and ROCK STABLE to all.

(I have change olso the Critical Gpu Tracehold from default 105c to 95c - just to feel more safe )

Edited by sv3eaz

laptop2rocket you could upload here the bios for me to try :)

tks

Saving is not working. But I figured out "submit Bios" in Nibitor worked (or it means nothing aka Bug?).

@sv3eaz: WTF! :)

My Bios not displayed in GPU-Z: (it's DDR3 too)

post-29403-1222784104_thumb.jpg

Edited by Laptop2Rocket

laptop2rocket do these steps for me please:

1) With GPU-Z 0.28 save your original bios

2)Use NIBITOR 4.6 to mod it

3)Flash it with NVflash using this command nvflash -A -j -4 -5 -6 bios.rom

This is what i did and all works fine.

I hope this will help you

laptop2rocket do these steps for me please:

1) With GPU-Z 0.28 save your original bios

2)Use NIBITOR 4.6 to mod it

3)Flash it with NVflash using this command nvflash -A -j -4 -5 -6 bios.rom

This is what i did and all works fine.

I hope this will help you

Look at my screen of GPU-Z above, it can't read my Bios ("unknown") and so can't save or mod it

Edited by Laptop2Rocket

I just flash it with 700 core / 1700 shader / 950 memory and all still STABLE !!!

I really want to see the limit of this GPU .

laptop2rocket try to flash it with my bios using the nvflash command i write and.... NEVER do anything without first keeping BACKUP

mate.

Edited by sv3eaz

Seems that DDR3 Support was made. As usual DDR2 Owners s*ck big c*ck! :)

For all DDR2 users : I advice you to start send emails constanlty on Nvidia and HP mail supports. Going to do it right now.

Janis

yeah.If we ll never figure out how to overclock,i will never buy HP again.

hasham

did you try the advice?

Edited by leshcat

Great job sv3az, but flashing is not needed in my case, ntune is the oc-tool working for me! :)

OMG !!!!

This baby runs 6 mins on FURMARK at 75-76c stable - in real game world temp never go over 70c.

I think ill stop here with core 750/shader 1750/memory 950 (its not bad +50% core oc!!!) and only +10c from default bios setting at full gpu load.

post-30240-1222788531_thumb.png

If you have the possibility, you should test your settings on games like Racedriver:Grid or Command an Conquer 3-they are most likely to crash/to show artefacts if clocks are too high...some synthetic benchmarks are a bit insensitive in matters of artefacts :)

EDIT: Before flashing in DOS shows the following message up: "Firmware image PCI Subsystem ID does not match adapter PCI subsystem ID"

Should i ignore this message or went something wrong during the preparation for the flash? I tried 3 times:my orignial backup rom, my own modded rom, your modded rom-everytime the same message. Did it also show up during your flash-process?

post-30241-1222790803_thumb.jpg

Edited by SilverHawk2

Well i have not tried rivatuner with 177.83 yet, just downloaded 179.13 and got 4479 marks in 3DMarks06, which is 5more marks thn the 178.13 drivers. Also Physx helps a lot.

I tired speaking to HP and Nvidia once again, but they have no answer to the BIOS issue. Guess we just have to keep trying. Let me knw if u get the clocks right with Rivatuner and 177.83. I will try it whn I get some time. Thanks Leshcat.

Well i have not tried rivatuner with 177.83 yet, just downloaded 179.13 and got 4479 marks in 3DMarks06, which is 5more marks thn the 178.13 drivers. Also Physx helps a lot.

I tired speaking to HP and Nvidia once again, but they have no answer to the BIOS issue. Guess we just have to keep trying. Let me knw if u get the clocks right with Rivatuner and 177.83. I will try it whn I get some time. Thanks Leshcat.

i mean about The Guy advice to you with RivaTuner. Did you do it?

Well I dont knw how to do the EnablePref thing set to value 1, i dont get it wat it means, can u explain tht to me.

There are several methods to create a bootable usb device. You can use nearly every ubs stick for this usage. Just search for the "HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool", take an old Win boot disk und create your own bootable device :) There are also numerous boot disk images on the net if you dont got one yourself :)

In the case of not finding any boot disk files at all i'm also able to upload them for u.

Silverhawk2 i have upload the bios i use now and its with "PCI Subsystem ID does not match adapter PCI subsystem ID" fixed :)

The clocks are 700core/1700 shader/ 950 memory

Silverhawk2 i have upload the bios i use now and its with "PCI Subsystem ID does not match adapter PCI subsystem ID" fixed :)

The clocks are 700core/1700 shader/ 950 memory

Ok, big thx for your efforts!! Over here it is 23.59 at the moment, so after some some hours of sleep I'm gonna test this baby :)

wow, this thread as grown really bigger in just one day.. speaking to DDR2 users:

which guide do you use for OC in rivatuner? just to see if we are doing right steps!!

Guest DRU-ROB

Greetz from Germany!

First of all Thanks for the many solutions for our overclocking problems. :P

special thanks to sv3eaz! Your method to flash the bios was working for me!

I have the acer 5930g with the 9600gt DDR3. (and the same bios-version)

But your clocks are much more than i reach! after several :) times of testing and benchmarking (3dmark 06) i reached at 630core/1620shader/900mem my climax! when i tried your clocks it often hang my laptop. So what did you changed? only the stuff between the gpu-die and the cooling? ( idont find the word for this stuff)

have you experience with overclocking the cpu? i tried near evry tool i could find but it doesnt worked. i think 2,4 ghz isnt enough. but how? :)

Greetz ROB

wow, this thread as grown really bigger in just one day.. speaking to DDR2 users:

which guide do you use for OC in rivatuner? just to see if we are doing right steps!!

I ve already tried RivaTuner stuff,its not working..so DDR3 users may be happy and DDR2 just wait better future....

BUT WAIT! It seems we have light in tunnel Guys!!! I had a responce from admin about NiBiTor 4.6 and still no support of it:

"leshcat wrote:

For the GeForce 9600M GT version with DDR2 memory nothing changed. Still no integrity or changes. Picking up GeForce 9600M GT from the list doesn't give any results.

Anwser:

Thanks, but your BIOS was not taken into account as it was received after the update of the code but before we did some testing. So we will see to get it included in the next version."

Edited by leshcat

I tried the method with rivatuner several times. i found the place to set 0 to1 :) but that doesnt worked for me too. evry try to oc with a softwaretools failed for me. only flash the bios was the solution. :)