LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9600M GT Overclocking :O

eXceed

So is someone going to come out with a solution to this prb or not??

this is not a good question to ask. if we had a solution, we would be here wondering to find a way for OC, wouldn't we?

you could googleize something, instead, and report us what you found!

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leshcat

• DextoR

• hasham

• Laptop2Rocket

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

guys, new tests needed. nVidia 178.13 drivers are out, and also rivatuner 2.11.

testing right now.

new drivers are pretty good and can be found in this forum. rivatuner is here : http://downloads.guru3d.com/downloadget.ph...4432a3976bff55a

see what comes next.

no luck. rivatuner still don't let you set right frequences. nvidia system tools still freezes the laptop during installation.

Yea i tried as well with 178.13 rivatuner 2.11 and nvidia system tools 6.02. Freezes, rivatuner shows wrong clocks :)

Seems like leshcat has already submitted the bios dump which I have uploaded above to the Nibitor developers on the site. Lets hope to find a solution for it.

Seems like leshcat has already submitted the bios dump which I have uploaded above to the Nibitor developers on the site. Lets hope to find a solution for it.

true,i ve done it several days ago. But thank you for your support :)

ADDON

i stole your signature and remade it according my notebook model. I hope you dont mind.

Edited by leshcat

its ok no prbs i dont mind, do update us if u get anything regarding the freezing prb. Thnks.

its ok no prbs i dont mind, do update us if u get anything regarding the freezing prb. Thnks.

Ofcourse,me and DextoR are responding about our investigations one per day for sure,i am here almost 24/7.

Thanks a lot for ur help leshcat and dextor, much appreciated.

Leshcat I think I have seen you on Notebookreview forums as well, is it true?

Thanks a lot for ur help leshcat and dextor, much appreciated.

Leshcat I think I have seen you on Notebookreview forums as well, is it true?

When DextoR said to me that there is a guy who was able to overclock on our notebook model(dv5) ,i reg there and tried to contact The Guy...but he never anwsered me....

Yea i tried to contact tht guy as well, he never got back to me, I am an active member of the NotebookReview forums.

Yea i tried to contact tht guy as well, he never got back to me, I am an active member of the NotebookReview forums.

thats good,our chances are doubling if news come up :)

Ok I was speaking to someone on HP online chat and he said that the GPU Bios can be available from Nvidia.

Ok I was speaking to someone on HP online chat and he said that the GPU Bios can be available from Nvidia.

BTW,did you read all topic? I ve already passed that part. HP is sending to nVidia,nVidia is sending to HP. THere are also my posts with conversations.

Yea i read it, sorri for re-post. Tht is wat these people always do!! Idiots

Yea i read it, sorri for re-post. Tht is wat these people always do!! Idiots

totally agree :)

New NiBiTor 4.6 Released!

Support of :"GeForce 9800M GTX, GeForce 9600M GT & GeForce 8400M GS..."

Gonna try it.

Update. Tried..it didnt properly recognized my BIOS,could not change anything,but could read some info about it. Also wasnt able to save bios in ROM file.

Edited by leshcat

Well I tried the new version of Nibitor and I got BSOD.

I am starting to think that HP blocked this ability on BIOS for motherboard level...or there is hardware shield on gpu or motherboard which is bloking....

I am starting to think that HP blocked this ability on BIOS for motherboard level...or there is hardware shield on gpu or motherboard which is bloking....

If they have done that, they have lost a future customer... god hate this =/ WANNA CLOCK THE GPU!

The guy from NotebookReview Forums replied, this is wat he said:

yes i tried ntune, it freezes my laptop aswell, i used rivatuner 2.10 and used the EnablePrefLevelForcing (value to 1) gpu-z still thinks im the standard clocks but if i check on gpu-z's temp sensors it indicates ive overclocked, it also indicates that ive overclocked on rivatuner too, my temp has risen around 5-10c around idle to 55-60c, but when im playing games it never goes above 85c, i use a deck of cards on each end of the back to make the air circulation better, my fps has increased aswell on the games i play so im guessing the overclock worked, oh yea i use driver 177.83 from laptopvideo2go.com

Lemme knw if it helps.

i allready mod my 9600M GT DDR3 bios with NIBITOR it and works like charm.

For every1 who might interest i upload my modded bios which works now with 700mhz core / 1700 shader / 950 memory

default 500mhz core / 1250 shader / 800 memory

Bios version 62.94.1F.00.08

I have the ACER 5930G laptop.

PCI Subsystem ID does not match adapter PCI subsystem ID=FIXED

post-30240-1222782476_thumb.png

best.rar

Edited by sv3eaz