LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

Guest namaiki

i hope we all the hybrid users are not abandoned, mine since ice age got problem with

the drivers, it is confirm the driver cause intel GMA to crash, but perfectly on nvidia.

still waiting for dox or nautis here, it cause the screen goes freeze randomly on intel.

May suggest if just combine from the old intel driver..originally from benq site, cos i thougt

the GMA driver on intel website maybe not support cos of unique driver.

i mean the new one from intel website :)

Try this patch ( ), I haven't had any crashes in ages..

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Dox,

I installed this driver because I have one of these sonys that don't let you install just the normal nvidia driver. The driver worked fine but when trying to wake up the computer from sleep, the backlight would flicker on and off. When it first started to happen, it would end up flipping on and be fine. Now, it flickers off and stays off. I tried reinstalling generic drivers and even formatting and reinstalling windows. Seems to be a hardware problem now. As soon as I turn on the computer the backlight is on for a few seconds and then flickers off. I took it to the service desk at the university I'm attending and they don't know how to fix it. Any idea what oculd be wrong?

Hello to everyone. First post on the forum. A little history of my situation. I have a Sony Vaio FZ 280 e/b with a Blu Ray burner. I am trying to install Windows 7 (64bit). Of course Sony provides nothing of any importance (I hope that changes in 8 days). So I wasn't able to play any Blu Ray discs with the other drivers I had installed. After trying the Dox drive I now can play the movies. I have noticed that the Windows 'aero' functions aren't working. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

any insight will be appreciated!

btw -- I also wanted to thank Dox for his time and efforts! I have spent a lot of time trying to find something to solve my problem. Although I'm not completely out of the woods, I do feel like Doxs' driver was a big step in the right direction. Thank you Dox.

e4c.png

does dox drivers works with my graphic card? if not wich drivers do people recomend

please help since the drivers i have are old and have a important bug that is opengl disabled :) ive heard that it is disabled in all 169.x drivers...

already tried several drivers but both say my gpu is not suported

tried:

XTreme-G 190.56 XP 32bit.exe

XTreme-G 185.81 XP 32.exe

XTreme-G_182.06m_XP_32bit.exe

all non sucessful

help please

This are still the best drivers on my setup. I've tried up through 191.07 and I keep reverting back to this one.

I just wanted to thank you again Dox.

What should I choose for a GeForce Go 7600? Hybrid?

Cumps.

Use "Standard Single/SLI- Win7"

I just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR the 185.85 dox I have a Sony Vaio Fz-190 cto. I just did a clean install of windows 7 premium on my laptop and for the longest time i couldn't get the correct graphics drivers installed on my Nvidia 8400m Gt. I couldn't get my blu-ray player to work and when i installed this Driver 185.85 i couldnt believe it when it worked. Thank you so much for everything and Anyone having problems with there graphic driver on there Sony vaio Fz series this Drive WILL WORK and increased my Performance test as well.

Thanks again.

Had loads of problems after installing windows 7, couldn't find drivers etc or wouldn't install them. Sony drivers didn't support cuda.

You saved my day. Thanks.

Hi,

installed doxs 185.85 without problems (Win7 x64, 9800m GTS). Now in older games (wc3, cs 1.6, ...) I can not select any widescreen resolution. When I switch the scaling to "use nvidia scaling" (nvidia control panel), this change is not accepted and jumps back on "display's built-in scaling". Ideas?

Dox 185.85 on (Win7 x86 / 8600M GT) works fine:

Windows Experience Index (weak yes) of 5.9/5.9/4.7/5.8/5.3 - the highest for my current computer (Inspiron 1720)

Overclocked (RivaTuner) to 600 Core /1200 Shader /500 Memory.

Hi, installed doxs 185.85 without problems (Win7 x64, 9800m GTS). Now in older games (wc3, cs 1.6, ...) I can not select any widescreen resolution. When I switch the scaling to "use nvidia scaling" (nvidia control panel), this change is not accepted and jumps back on "display's built-in scaling". Ideas?

If I recall, Warcraft III never had official support for widescreen. I'm sure there was a way for the driver/monitor to have the available option, but I always did it through the registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III\Video

colordepth -> 32

refreshrate -> 60 or whatever

resheight -> Smaller than reswidth

reswidth -> Bigger than resheight

Make sure to set settings in Warcraft III settings BEFORE doing registry. Everytime you go into Settings -> Video in WC3, the resolution will go back to 640x480

Happy configuring!

i don't know if it's usefull to you ( cause i got 185.20.. not 185.85 )

but ..

3dmark06

dox 185.20 --> 4118

191.07 --> 4278

i have asus m50vn with geffo 9650m GT 1gb ddr2 ( 2x T9400 core )

thx, works perfectly.

Next prob (maybe a win 7): divx streams in full screen have repeatedly led into a system crash AND

the quality in comparison (previously I had xp with dox 182.05)is much worse ("pixely") and the video stutters slightly

Kosta

Dox! where are you?! ;( i was hoping for a new driver release when Win7 came out... :)

Dox, I'd like to say I've appreciated your efforts over time. Been a big win for me and my gaming experiences.

I just wish you'd at least come online and let us know if you're not going to do anymore releases so that we can move on...or let us know that you're working on it and around when we can expect something.

Here's hoping for future Dox releases (or at least a statement),

Adrian

nvm

Edited by thegreatsquare

Dox jus left the building.

Too bad. These were the only drivers that worked good for me. 

Thanks for the hard work you provided!

Guest Last man Standing

Thank you, Dox.

I just started to appreciate your invaluable work and now i'm very sad reading you won't upload new releases anymore.

Farewell, Dox, and good luck with your life and hobbies!

:)