LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

Guest chaintrooper

OK Ive found the folder, it was on the desktop!^^ And I followed your instructions, but sadly no success. By the way I Ve also got a Acer 5935G with a T9550, Nvidia 240M GT on a Win7x64 System. Ive got both drivers, for the onboard and 240M installed, but whenever I switch to 240M using the Nvida Control Panel: "increase Performance" I get the well known black screen. Im dealing with this problem with over a week now.

I would be very grateful for any help.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, I'm really confused. Let me try and get it straight.

So this file is a driver? Not a modded INF?

Do I still need a modded INF file for this? (I am running on Nvidia Go 6150)

So can this be used for Vista 32bit? I only see a vista/7 x64 and vista/7 x86 option...

Oh God =.= I read the FAQs and still trying to make sense of all of this...

Okay, I'm really confused. Let me try and get it straight.

So this file is a driver? Not a modded INF?

Do I still need a modded INF file for this? (I am running on Nvidia Go 6150)

So can this be used for Vista 32bit? I only see a vista/7 x64 and vista/7 x86 option...

Oh God =.= I read the FAQs and still trying to make sense of all of this...

Okay, I have answered some of my own questions.

This file is a driver.

The x86 is the same as 32 bit.

But do I need another modded INF file for this file to work? Because I tried it just now and I got some error that the driver is not compatible with my hardware...

Well, sorry for the spam but I just want to make things clear before you reply so you don't need to keep asking questions =)

Okay, so basically I have a Nvidia Go 6150 card, and I downloaded your file for x86 Vista/7 (For 32bit).

So I uninstall my previous driver through control panel (Uninstalled the display drivers only, the Nvidia ethernet and SMU drivers still remain) and after that they prompt for a restart; I restart the computer.

Then when it boots up again, it tells me that it needs to restart in order to finish installing the drivers for the card, and I just cancel the window. Then I open your exe file, it extracts everything and enters the installation page, where I get the error:

"The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

Am I doing anything wrong? =( Do I have to download a modded INF file or something to make it work?

hey Dox, just wondering if there is any update on your next driver release? still waiting patiently, and currently using your last release because i love it so much :) haha

Normally you should be getting video with VMR (no overlay) and without VMR (overlay). However in some computers VMR does not work the way it should be. There are graphical problems like diagonal lines and choppy/poor video quality. If you disable VMR in nVidia control panel this time you see blank black screen. This fix 'should' enable overlay layer again. Users reported this also fixes overlay creation problems with WinDVD and Avid programs. Please give feedback if it works.

dox please confirm that this driver isnt causing choppy video problem....

VLC : [latest build]-- reinstalled app 3 times still video is choppy on normal output , when directx or opengl selected the video is smooth but aero is disabled

sc1qrn.jpg w764.png

tried with vlc properties setting as follows and got the folllowing result

1.) Changed compatibilty to " XP SP3 " + Disable desktop Compostion >> Video are smooth --- aero is disabled

2.) Changed compatibilty to " XP SP3 " >> Again Aero Disables and video is fine ( but slight wobbling is there )

3.) Changed compatibilty to " Vista " >> video again shows jagged edges

4.) Changed compatibilty to " Vista " + Disable Desktop Composition >> Video is jagged

K-lite player:

sc2f.jpg w628.png

please resolve this issue

To Dox or Nautis, i,m just upgrade the vista 32 to 64 bit, and using dox hybrid driver, for now everything is perfect

but the intel problem is still the same and give me some headache, when i,m switching to intel, some time got freeze on the

system and after that it ok again and showing some message, your graphics driver has recovered from error.. i think

its still on the intel site. can u help me on this to fix it, i,m really glad if u can help. thanks again

helloo...

sorry for my question but .. when will a new dox drive will be coming ?

i wait, wait wait but it doesnt come ....

i hope that it will come soon ...

regards

can you pls tell where the folder will be created? its surely not in the same driectory as the dox.exe!

greetz

The folder is on the desktop. It is called VistaWin7x64 or VistaWin7x86. When you copy the files over, some files will be replaced. If no files are replaced, you need to make sure that you moved the files that you extracted into the previously mentioned folder on the desktop.

Guest Yamadron

Thank you DOX. Your drivers are functioning much better than nVidia Drivers.

Well. I have some sort of a problem to use both the GPU and VGA card.

I have a Toshiba Qosmio X300 with 9700M GTS. As far as I know it has a Standard VGA Graphic Adapter.

* I tried "Hybrid Graphics", The 9700M GTS was recognized but it told that Drivers may be corrupt or Incorrect in the "Device Manager"

* I tried "Hybrid SLI", The 9700M GTS drivers are installed properly but the VGA is not recognized.

I didn't Try Standerd/SLI because my laptop doesn't have 2 nVidia GPUs.

So does anyone has an idea about that?

Thanks again :)

helloo...

sorry for my question but .. when will a new dox drive will be coming ?

i wait, wait wait but it doesnt come ....

i hope that it will come soon ...

regards

I'm sure you are not the only one eagerly anticipating the Diviner of the Sacred Drivers next revelation. There is no use in rushing the Mistro, I'm sure Dox will get them out when he can.

yeah, dont worry guys, I'm not done yet, just be patient and have faith whilst dox get things in order.

may the force with u

DOX, pls make 190.XX hybrid(intel+NV) drivers with digital sign like WHQL. 185 too old drivers(

Edited by nefx

Guest The_DuDe

Hey Dox!

I have some problem with your new drivers (182.46 & under work fine!) I installed this one and when I reboot my video card wont start (Yellow (!) in the device manager). Its seems that Windows can't start the device and get an error code.

My Laptop spec: Alienware m15X, GeForce 8700M GT, Vista x64

Thanx !

Guest The_DuDe

Hey Dox!

I have some problem with your new drivers (182.46 & under work fine!) I installed this one and when I reboot my video card wont start (Yellow (!) in the device manager). Its seems that Windows can't start the device and get an error code.

My Laptop spec: Alienware m15X, GeForce 8700M GT, Vista x64

Thanx !

Oh and yes I have tried to desactived windows unsigned driver protection (F8 at boot) and its didn't worked :)

I just made a small test to some few drivers.

I used acronis true image to restore a windows 7 without graphic driver installation.

3dMark 2006 -> Asus m50vn with GeForce 9650M GT 1Gb

176.92 - 4812 Marks

179.88 - 4982 Marks

185.85 Dox - 4905 Marks

186.91 - Crashed

190.89 - Crashed

191.00 - 4655 Marks

dox please confirm that this driver isnt causing choppy video problem....

VLC : [latest build]-- reinstalled app 3 times still video is choppy on normal output , when directx or opengl selected the video is smooth but aero is disabled

sc1qrn.jpg w764.png

tried with vlc properties setting as follows and got the folllowing result

1.) Changed compatibilty to " XP SP3 " + Disable desktop Compostion >> Video are smooth --- aero is disabled

2.) Changed compatibilty to " XP SP3 " >> Again Aero Disables and video is fine ( but slight wobbling is there )

3.) Changed compatibilty to " Vista " >> video again shows jagged edges

4.) Changed compatibilty to " Vista " + Disable Desktop Composition >> Video is jagged

K-lite player:

sc2f.jpg w628.png

please resolve this issue

solved the ISSUE

just download the prev release from DOX .68 and do a CLEAN INSTALL with driver sweeper and install VLC again.

DOX please look into the issue... why is it breaking the VLC PLAYBACK ?

Hi all. Is the 9800 gt on the alinware m15x a hybrid graphics card ? Do i really need to install physx, it'll improve lower or be neutral on the system performance ?

the 185.85 dindnt install on my system tryied single and hybrid in single the driver was simple not acknowledged by vista and in hybrid i had blue screen just before login had to deinstall the driver thru safe mode so im back to version 182.46.

Got some strange problem with your driver (and not only) :

After installation & rebooting it was shown in Device Manager with error - code 43.

After another reboot with option "disable driver signature enforcement" I've got BSOD (KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M) during startup caused by dxgkrnl.sys.

I've been trying different drivers (185,186,190,191) and the only ones which are working for me are 186.03, 186.82, 186.91 (and they are working quite well and long without any single error). All others are just BSODing during startup - and all BSODzzz are caused by this dxgkrnl.sys...

Off course I've debuged every single BSOD with WinDbg - the BSOD error codes are various, but all are caused by this DirectX kernel (and the stack trace is nearly identical on each one)

Got newest Dx and my system version is 7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255...

dxgkrnl.sys is valid (sfc /scannow)...

So, anybody ready to pick up the challenge and solve this mystery? :>

Sony Vaio AR61M with nVidia 8400M GT GPU on Windows 7 RTM x64:

When the laptop's power saving turns the monitor off, I am unable to get it back without rebooting. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks