LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Forceware 185.85

Dox

you shouldnt be afraid if it will not work.

If it doesnt work then let me know and I can make fixes

I can only go by what people say, the more feedback the better.

Asking others if it works/doesn't work really does not help anyone.

In the end trying for yourself and letting me know is the way forward.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• thegreatsquare

• zipper

• Exile1975

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok just retry to install on BenQ S42 with remove all the old drivers, Vista Ultimate x86

Drivers work well and performance is better when compare to the old driver.

The problem that i can see for my case after installed

1. Device Manager still show Nvidia GPU but it just disable when i switch to Save Power mode.

2. Hardware Switch (Fn + F10) doesn't work.

I totally redid the install, still no tray icon for hybrid graphics. I guess I could just look for either the intel or nvidia icon. Still weird when other people do have the icon there.

Edited by kulprit

Test to install on S42 Vista ultimate 64bit, follow same step listed above, installation went smooth without any error but still no luck getting the same error in device manager "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

Update:

By pressing F8 during the boot process and selecting Disable Driver Signature Enforcement, the hybrid driver is working fine.

Edited by lester

installed flawessly ... thanks Dox... i see powermizer running.... anyway where to config powermizer (ie... on off it...) btw can turn on off physX...

the temperature drops dramatically... 70 C to 64 C... and still dropping...

honestly i can get 4-5hour if use power saver mode + intel gpu.

need to ask Kyne, what OS he use?

i'm using vista home premium x86

my installation step:-

1) uninstall old driver then reboot.

2) enter safe mode, use driver sweeper to clean old driver. then reboot

3) then install this new driver. after complete dont reboot,

4) change at power plan, use power saver mood. then restart.

5) after complete reboot, it's done. at device manager only show intel gpu.

so just select "increase performance" in tray icon, or u can use Fn key to activate nvidia gpu.

this is the step to install Dox driver on S42... works fine for me.... anyway mine got PhysX function, coz of last dox driver i installed?

@Guest_Jarr_

i think something wrong with ur driver.

it should be like this. (185.85)

http:

ya... mine same as dragonSilver

Excellent work Dox, working here on my s42. Few queries for everybody. So as mentioned hardware switching doesn't work, which on the s42 only means when you plug in and unplug from ac power. This is because these options are not even available in the power plan i am finding?

Also now when changing from integrated to discrete I have an nvidia on screen display as well as the benq one, however I no longer have a tray icon at all. This makes it quite difficult to know which mode I am in without pressing the fn keys and actually changing it. Do other people still have the tray icon?

tray icon is working, Fn+F10 works... changeing power plan not work (does not matters)

you shouldnt be afraid if it will not work.

If it doesnt work then let me know and I can make fixes

I can only go by what people say, the more feedback the better.

Asking others if it works/doesn't work really does not help anyone.

In the end trying for yourself and letting me know is the way forward.

yes sir....

Ok just retry to install on BenQ S42 with remove all the old drivers, Vista Ultimate x86

Drivers work well and performance is better when compare to the old driver.

The problem that i can see for my case after installed

1. Device Manager still show Nvidia GPU but it just disable when i switch to Save Power mode.

2. Hardware Switch (Fn + F10) doesn't work.

mine in device manager does not shows...

I totally redid the install, still no tray icon for hybrid graphics. I guess I could just look for either the intel or nvidia icon. Still weird when other people do have the icon there.

ya.... is your install problem/....

Test to install on S42 Vista ultimate 64bit, follow same step listed above, installation went smooth without any error but still no luck getting the same error in device manager "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

Update:

By pressing F8 during the boot process and selecting Disable Driver Signature Enforcement, the hybrid driver is working fine.

its a vista/win7 x64 thing. Seems that problem only affects hybrid graphics users and x64 OS. The final build of the drivers are fine

The problem is back when x64 was the new thing, in order to make sure the right drivers fully compatible with the OS would work, the .sys files has to be signed.

If microsoft would sign my drivers you wouldnt hav this problem :)

but this is unlikely.

There is a workaround for this. I will write a full guide on it later.

For now check this out: http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo

thanks a lot.love it

Dox it still doesn't work for me :)

I try it in test mode...

I try signing the drivers...

etc...

It just doesn't work...

Hi,

Does anyone know whether this (or any of the other newer Dox's optimized drivers for that matter) causes hangs (audio looping) in Left 4 Dead?

Coz I've read somewhere that 180.xx cards tend to cause just that...

currently using 179.67 and it still hangs although very rarely... much much better than the last Dox I tried which was 182.05.

My system:

Acer 5920g

8600m gt

2gb ram

TIA

Hy DOX!

First of all: Thanks for your work!

I need some help.

I have nvidia geforce 8600M GS and Intel core 2 duo T5450 on windows 7 64bit.

1. I downloaded your driver;

2. I uninstalled my current driver before starting to install the new 185.85;

3. During the installation process I had choosen "Standard single\ SLI -win7"

4. I have finished the driver installation and reinstalled my notebook.

Then I went to windows device manager to check out my vga device.

It simple says "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and I simple can not turn on windows aero.

(Before this driver, I have always seen "geforce 8600M GS" written in the display adapters part and I had no problem with running aero.)

After that I tried to run a game (COD4MW), but it's failed and I got a respons "Direct X encountered an unrecoverable error. Check the readme for possible solution".

After that, I removed the driver and I tried to install the driver by choosing "Hybrid Graphics -win7" and "Hybrid SLI -win7" as well but I still have the problem.

What could be the solution? Did I do something wrong?

Please help!

THX

Joe

Hmm... if the 64bit Driver Signing issue seems to affect only Hybrid Graphics users I have a hunch.... Maybe just the Intel drivers need to be signed? So maybe if someone could try just to sign the igdkmd64.sys file (leave nvlddmkm.sys as is) and then install.

i dont know but its not a very good driver. After isntalling it I started to have a screen lag playing old games.

Hmm... if the 64bit Driver Signing issue seems to affect only Hybrid Graphics users I have a hunch.... Maybe just the Intel drivers need to be signed? So maybe if someone could try just to sign the igdkmd64.sys file (leave nvlddmkm.sys as is) and then install.

perhaps sign both of them?

Guest slime
Hi,

Does anyone know whether this (or any of the other newer Dox's optimized drivers for that matter) causes hangs (audio looping) in Left 4 Dead?

Coz I've read somewhere that 180.xx cards tend to cause just that...

currently using 179.67 and it still hangs although very rarely... much much better than the last Dox I tried which was 182.05.

My system:

Acer 5920g

8600m gt

2gb ram

TIA

I believe that was fixed in 182.50 and above. I had the same problem but it stopped after I tried 182.50 and Dox's 185.68, so I assume it works with 185.85.

errorw.th.png

BenQ S42

Windows 7 64-bit

i did a uninstall and clean everything in save mode with the driver swep etc and install after restart this appear~

I believe that was fixed in 182.50 and above. I had the same problem but it stopped after I tried 182.50 and Dox's 185.68, so I assume it works with 185.85.

Thanks for your reply! Very much appreciated!

Did you experience a general increase in gaming (specifically L4D) performance when using your Dox drivers?

Thx again in advance.

Vista/Win7 x64 Hyrbid graphics users

It seems the .sys files has to be "signed" to be enabled for your system.

This is not a driver bug but a vista/win7 x64 way of ensuring that the drivers are vista/win7 x64 compatible on your hybrid systems.

The drivers require a digital signiture before they can be loaded on boot. If there is no signiture then the Nvidia gpu will fail to initialise.

You can thank microsoft for this.

Do not worry though. After you have installed the drivers in the normal way follow these workarounds:

Work Around 1

-On boot go into advanced boot options by tapping F8 repeatedly

-Choose disable driver signiture enforement

-The drivers should now work as it should

In this method you have to keep doing this after every reboot. But this is a good way to see whether the drivers will work on your system without much effort.

Work Around 2

MAKE SURE YOU TURN UAC OFF BEFORE DOING THIS!

-Download Driver Signiture Enforcement Overidder

-Run the program

-Select "EnableTest Mode" and follow on screen instructions

-Reboot your system and you will see test mode on the four corners of your desktop

-Open the program again and click "Sign a System File"

-Browse to these:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys

you'll need to sign both of them

-Select "Exit" and reboot

-Drivers should now work as it should.

To remove the watermark use This for windows 7

Make sure you select program to run as admin, press R and reboot.

With this workaround you dont need to keep pressing F8 each time to disable the microsoft driver enforcement.

can i use this driver with MBP? and if i can, how?

Guest Guest

Hi Dox,

sadly, these workarounds do not work for us vaio z users. I for my part am not able to even install the driver. When i get to the install Button in the installer Dialog, i click on install, the dialog vanishes and nothing happens.

Thanks for your Help,

Lowtraxx

then go into the extracted VistaWin7_185.85 folder and click the setup.exe from there?